Saturday, August 1, 2020

Happy First Day of August and Another Watercolor Pencil (Painting) & a Movie for Saturday

  Happy August everyone, even though July was extremely hot and humid here in the Ozarks the month really flew by fast-don't know why but it did.

  Last Thursday and yesterday (Friday) we finally got a good soaking of rain-much needed here-with much cooler temperatures-We really needed a break in the weather. 

  Friday for most of the morning, I worked on another painting with my watercolor pencils and in my watercolor small journal.

  I am pleased with this one for the most part-but I am now ready to put the pencils away for a bit and bring out my watercolor paints. 
     I will make up a color chart with the paints I am using-have seen these charts referenced in several places now and sounds like a good idea for me-I will have a chart that I can look at to see what color mixed with what color paint will give me what color. (hope that made sense) 😀

  The video I had watched about watercolors was really helpful to me, and she did show how to mix colors onto watercolor paper with the pencils-but I think I am more comfortable now and ready to use the paints. I have a better feel with these watercolors opposed to painting with acrylics. and the colors I have in the pencils are very limited.

  This was my reference photo-and after I took this photo-I realized I wanted something more on the right upper green area  I didn't want blue water because it isn't blue with all the clouds-so this the closest I could come for the colors.  The white pencil doesn't show up so I use a bit of black for the direction of the water flow.


I like it better now adding in the tree



     My movie share is The Longest Ride-I watched it on the tv the other day. If you like the author Nicholas Sparks this is based on one of his books-It's a good one.


Happy Saturday!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely painting and you can't go wrong with happy, little trees. If you want to read a good book about color theory "Blue and Yellow Don't Make Green" by Michael Wilcox. That movie looks like a good story. I did enjoy the Notebook Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the book suggestion-I will check it out .
      this is a really good movie-I recorded and then watched it again Sparks books are all really good Happy weekend

      Delete
  2. Love that movie too!! I love your painting too....I took some nature pictures and should try to sketch them as you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece, my fave up till now, well done! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lovely!!! Do you know how much you've improved? You are a natural-your paintings make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also read that book on color theory that CJ suggested. It is worth reading if you have trouble with color. I have trouble with perception, perspective, and composition. I am color driven and have never had trouble with color. I like your interpretation of the piece you started with and your mountains look very realistic. Nice tree, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much of a problem with colors either-I have a good sense of what colors go with each other. thanks for your comments

      Delete
  6. I love your flowers! I've never heard of that movie... It sounds sweet and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning thank you
      This is a really good movie I saved it on my dvr to watch again in the future. Nicholas Sparks books are really good the stories usually go through different life events. He has had several made into movies now-one was the Notebook they are usually based in North Carolina where he lives

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit