Monday, September 2, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday and This and That

  Tuesday is upon us again-first one in September '19.  This is where we gather together and share a beverage photo and post and meet up with our hostess Bluebeard and Elizabeth  You are most welcome to join us-link in my right hand column.

  It's late Monday and the lake is winding down. Wow Sunday the lake had more boats on it than Memorial Day. I think everyone was out there do to the rain storms late friday, and all day Saturday, and many of our neighbors left early early this morning already. 
     As fall approaches Hubs will be able to enjoy fishing on the lake again.

  I made two slabs of baby back ribs just in case any one dropped by for Labor Day. We had invited our one friend who is home alone this weekend but he said his sister and family were driving up from Georgia-I told them they were all welcome.
    So I ended up with a slab and a half of ribs left over-kept out one more meal for us and froze for another meal.

  I smoked these over charcoal and hickory and them smothered them with sauce in foil to keep them moist-turned out delicious.



This morning I decided to make us a gluten free pineapple upside down cake-I baked this in the electric oven in a large glass pan-turned out really moist and delicious-I am getting the hang of this electric stove-finally


I can't drink most beers do to the gluten in them, but here is a stout my Hubs enjoyed with his meal


I had iced tea


Here is a photo I captured of the rain


One evening I got out the October 2018 calendar page to begin working on the next fabric journal page. I saw where we knew we won the bid on this lake house. So I dug out a quilt fabric scrap that looked perfect, some stamps, and then colored in with these fabric markers-had fun  These are not suppose to need heat setting, but since this fabric needs a good ironing I will go ahead and heat press too.



And in the mail I received the two silk hankies that I ordered-inspired by our artist friend Barbara-love the colors! I took photos of front and back side These are many thin layers that you pull off and then smooth out into roving for spinning-or just weave, knit, or crochet without spinning first. really anxious to try this. would all work out nice for needle felting as well.





I think these will be fun to play with.


Wednesday the washing machine saga continues haha
     Last week they were to put a new motor in-I waited all day and they never showed up-really not like sears to do this. I did get allot accomplished at the woods house but still. When I got home and called them they said "oh I see you were scheduled for today but they decided not to come"-what??? so of course they got an earful from me about how irresponsible they are-so I return on Wednesday and hopefully they will show up and get it fixed.

That's all for me this Tuesday Happy T everyone!!


18 comments:

  1. Food looks great, especially the pineapple upside down cake.

    We too had rain over the weekend, you captured it well in your photograph.

    Happy September wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather seems opposite of ours-nice until today. We've had rain but not as heavy as it looked in your photo. I can't believe it is already past the summer "season", not actual summer of course. Your ribs look delicious and your cake does too. Glad you are getting the hang of your new stove. Hope you have a great week. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if your silk hankies had arrived yet, they are absolutely beautiful! The colors are so very rich and striking! Aren’t they fun to have and enjoy touching? I’ll enjoy seeing what you do with them. I hope to do some needle-felting with mine. Your excellently cooked and appetizing food has me wanting to eat, and we just finished dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy, I started this around 7:30 pm and fell asleep in my computer chair. I'd been up nearly 24 hours and was exhausted. Please forgive my late visit.

    Barbara is quite the enabler. She even had me searching for needle felting equipment (grin). I decided I'd look in town before I ask someone to buy it for me online (since you know I don't buy anything online).

    Now I am super hungry and those ribs look wonderful. That's saying a LOT from a vegetarian. This plate, including the potato salad looks wonderful. And I would love a piece of that cake. Pineapple upside down cake and carrot cake are my two favorite cakes in the world.

    I've said this before. I don't drink alcohol as a rule, but I LOVE Stout beer. I'd gladly join your husband in a glass of stout. I wouldn't be able to drink much more than 1/2 a bottle, or I'd be so loopy I couldn't stand up.

    Thanks for sharing how you colored the fabric and thanks for your delicious meal, your tea, and your husband's stout beer with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainy photos, so beautiful! Your food looks more than wonderful, I would try everything! Sorry you had problems with the washing machine people, awful that they are so unreliable. Your fabric journal is looking good! Have fun with the colourful scarves. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those ribs look amazing! I would love to try them with some of your potato salad 😁. I make potato salad too, my hubby likes it with his sandwiches. We have had some heavy downpours of rain too, luckily we have watched it our of the windows at home too ...lol 😉. I'm loving your artwork, those markers worked beautifully on the fabric. The silks are such bright colours too - gorgeous! I hope the washing machine repair man turns up this time. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lllllove these silk hankies, Kathy. And I love your new fabric journal. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ribs look awesome. I love ribs. Messy to eat, but so worth it. And the cake a sweet treat to end the meal. Even in the rain, your lake house view is pretty. The colors of the silk hankie are beautiful, and I'll be interested to see what you do with them. I'm partial to the blue one. Sorry about your washing machine woes. Hope it gets all straightened out soon. I hate going to the laundromat. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a hearty meal for sure. Glad you're getting used to the electric stove:) Beautiful fabric art, and the colors of those silk hankies is gorgeous! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I could happily ask to taste your delicious food. The ribs look yummy and so does the cake.
    Super atmospheric rain photos we have had storms here as well, I never thought to take a photo at the time.
    YOur fabric journal is looking good and the silk pieces are gorgeous colours.
    I hope the washing machine gets mended soon.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of yummy things to look at today on your blog. The ribs made my mouth water, as we're giving up meat for 3 weeks. And also alcohol, so the sight of that stout is heavenly. I love stout more than beer or lager.
    Ah, your silk hankies have arrived. Yes, the colours are gorgeous. And I'm sure you can do a lot with that.
    The rain looks great. I wish we got some rain. It hasn't rained here in months.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Kathy,

    The ribs and potato salad look good! And I've been experimenting with dyeing fabric lately, too, and you've given me some good ideas. I hope that your washer is better soon!
    Love,
    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're such a fabulous cook, Kathy. Everything looks scrumptious. Perfect fabric page for the lake house. Gosh, it's almost a year. You need to have an anniversary celebration next month. Beautiful silk

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry the rain chased folks off the lake sooner than they'd planned -I'll bet the boats are fun to watch :) The ribs look mouth-watering!

    I hope they do right by you this next time. That's so frustrating :(

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, your meal looks scrumptious! I love ribs! But don't make them at home, and because they are so messy don't eat them when we go out. :)
    What a great idea for your piece for the month you got the house. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! Your food looks great! I suppose that rain on a lake is quite heavy at times! I love your journal page and those silks look fabulous - needle felting definitely!!! Bad news about being let down by that firm! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ribs looked delicious, as did the cake. I like the rain photo. Your fabric art is lovely. I can't wait to see what you make with the silk hankies: the colors are nice. Happy (belated) T-Day! (I'm late commenting.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooow yummy meal, love specially this cake Kathy !! Your silk hankies is very beautiful, and your creativity on fabric is fantastic, love it. Please send us some rain! :)
    I wish you a very nice evening, and send you big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit