Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Back Online-Finally--November Journal Page--Sunrise--Eagles

Shortly after I posted my last blog post-we lost all the fiber stuff-no tv, no internet, and no phone. Good thing we at least had our basic cell phone.
      So 4 days total with not much communication available to us.
    I hadn't thought about everything being on this fiber stuff, here at the lake though there is no alternative as no "real" land line phones available here-I guess everyone uses their smart phones, or uses the electric co-op for these 3 things-phone-tv-internet. So when it's all working it is very good-but no so good when it all goes down.
   It ended up being pretty major-we got an advanced tech-who called in a bucket truck-the bugs and critters ate up the fiber wires-lol

soooo I am back
                           I am not hooking up with T today since I am online so late in the day already, but I did want to share some things and visit many of you this afternoon.

      Thursday we drive to Springfield, Mo-for pre operation tests, check in a room over nite at the hospital and then his surgery on Friday-the 13th and full moon-yikes-that does have me stressed a bit.

   I did get another journal page finished-November-and I have the December page mostly laid out and ready to stitch down. So I am happy about this, and helps with my stress level this week especially.


This morning a lovely sunrise-I took this photo through the window and was the better of the 3 photos, they all had that red circle in them but then the sun was very very bright this morning. Also two streaks from airplanes which I thought looked cool too



And a pair of eagles this morning-always on this branch is where we find the eagles sitting. Hubs has seen them fly past the big windows as well-that would be too cool to view.
      He also told me he was watching the squirrels chomp off the black walnuts from high in the tree and come down to eat them-so I may not get many walnuts for my homemade ink-we'll see how it goes haha.


These last two photos were zoomed in by 12x above about 6x
First time we have seen what looks like a pair-do any of you know for sure?? We usually see one, or one with a juvenile



  I have also been back to reading the Outlander books and finished up the fourth book-I love these books-very long, very in depth writing like you are right there seeing everything. Hard to put down these books but they are all 1000 pages or more so does take time to read. and I want to catch everything as well. I am off to the 5th book in this series.

Happy Tuesday everyone, we have always lived very rural and isolated so it feels good to be in touch again with friends online.

9 comments:

  1. How awful to have no communication for 4 days. What if there was an emergency? I guess if someone had one and didn't have a cell phone, it could've turned out bad. It looks like you've done some nice crafting. Wonderful photos. I'm not sure if that's a Bald Eagle pair or not. JP at A Quiet Corner might know: https://www.jp-aquietcorner.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 days without commnucation because the critters ate the wires? Wow! This seems incredible to me, as I live in the capital. But, I really think you live in paradise, Kathy. I llllllllllove the photos of the eagles and the sunrise. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to your husband and his surgery. It is a scary enough thing and not have it on FRiday the 13th, but think positive as I am sure it will all go well. Those eagle photos are amazing too. Hope you had a great T day even though you didn't link up. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you lost your connections to the world, it's always hard when that happens. Good luck for your husbands OP, I will be thinking of you. Wonderful photos, great to see eagles. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't make it where you live, since I STILL don't own a cell phone. However, I went five weeks with no telephone and the last time was five days. Sharon (Foxy Stamping) tried to call me and thought maybe I had dial up and was online (those were the days), but I explained my phone didn't work. I asked what signal she got and she said a busy signal. On the other hand, I had the internet and that was my communication with the outside world. I'm just glad they found the problem and you had a cell phone to rely on.

    I hope your husband's surgery goes well. Yes, Friday the 13th is a stressful day for surgery. Just think of it as just another day of the week and all will be well.

    You are really whipping those journal pages out. I know it won't be long now. You will have met your goal of having it finished this year, at least.

    I know nothing about bald eagles, but these are amazing. Thanks for checking in, even if you didn't link in for T this week, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technology is great when it works. It's not bad when tv or internet go down, but losing cellphone service is scary. We have a landline that we don't really use, but even if the electricity goes out, it's lost as it's one of those phones that you can take from room to room. We don't have a phone that you can just plug into the phone outlet.

    Glad you're back in communication. The photos you took are awesome especially the sun rise photo. Will keep you and your hubs in my thoughts for her surgery. Friday 13th is only bad if you were a Templar Knight and only in October.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to have that issue with the critters eating our lines too until hubby buried conduit from the satellite dish to the house and ran the lines through it. No problems since and that was 10 years ago. The photos are beautiful.
    Eagles mate for life and both parents feed and raise the young. The fledglings stay around for 1-2 months before taking off on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kathy...Anne, asked me to drop by and I'm glad I did. Although I've only been observing and monitoring Bald Eagles for 8 years, I would say that what you have here is a pair. They may be searching for a nesting sight...especially if there is open water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cranberries and pecan pie :) I love those little mushrooms. Do the eagles nest in your area? I look forward on updates :) I hope it's a pair.

    The 13th sounds like a _good_ luck day to me :) I hope all goes well with his surgery.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit