Sunday, September 22, 2019

Happy Autumn & Dishes

Happy first day of Autumn

Image result for photos autumn solstice 2019

(photo found online)


  We have been so hot here in Missouri most of September has been in the mid 90's with very high humidity-so I am so ready for fall.

  Actually I think fall is my most favorite season of the year. I love the deep blue skies, fall colors in the trees, pumpkins and apples and I love snuggling in warm cotton sweaters and sweatshirts.-So I am ready and happy it has arrived.

  Do you love Autumn (fall) too??

    Remember when I mentioned my dishes when we were first getting moved into the lake house? I still had a few of my sister's set and I have an autumn pottery set that was originally my Grandma's on the farm until they were too heavy for her to use. So I got them and for gifts back then my Mom picked up allot of serving dishes, cups and saucers etc. to go with the fall dishes.
    I only have two dinner plates left from each set. So Sunday morning I went hunting online in hopes to pick up these pieces.

from my sisters set-which I just so enjoy using as I love the pattern

Royal-Doulton-England-Will-o-the-Wisp-LS1023-2-Salad-Plates-Lambethware-Floral

   I found a seller that was meant just for me-I was only looking for 2 dinner plates but he was selling 4 plates in very good condition with shipping for $16.00
    I kept reading the listing to see if these were that much per plate but No. There is no way the seller is making any money at all on these-so It was cheaper to buy these 4 plates from him instead of 2 from another seller.
   We use salad plates too for different things so I looked for those and was able to find an affordable price for them as well-two prices combined together I was happy with the total price.
    I have really nice bowls and cups for this set still.  When my sister had passed my Mom used these dishes and really enjoyed them as well.
   These dishes were made in England by Royal Doulton and I have always loved them

    So then I searched for two plates for my autumn leaf set. These were harder to find and were more expensive. I did find a seller that was more reasonable and the plates look pretty good-these bleach up well too. So I am pleased with my finds. I am ready to use this pretty fall set for sure.





Also I am thinking of checking out your Art Journal Journey themes soon. am I understanding the rules correctly-page needs to be 4" X 6" or larger in a journal page form-and I am thinking since it is says also mixed media-that my fibers will be accepted?  thanks

   Also Try it on Tuesday-does this challenge also require something flat like a page or a tag etc Is fabric-fibers accepted??  thanks


Happy Monday and first day of Autumn

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have Autumn-it is, Kathy. Wish I could say I also have it, but it’s still too hot here. Can’t wait! Btw, I also like your lovely homey dish patterns. Nice find getting the fill-ins for such a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got more of those beautiful plates for a good price, enjoy! Autumn is my fave season, too. The leaves are beginning to turn here and I am looking forward to crunching the leaves when I walk, I love the sound! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Your fall dish is gorgeous!!!!!!!!
    I love autumn too, but I think spring is my favorite season.
    As for the AJJ, as Susi has told me, they accept pages A6 size or bigger.
    Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love Autumn! We're still having highs in the 90s, though, which seems so strange.

    I especially like your fall leaf pattern :) I don't have special plates for the seasons, but I do switch up placemats and table candle colors.

    Happy Autumnal Equinox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was here earlier, Kathy and I was SURE I left you a comment. However, it doesn't appear I did so. My mistake and I apologize. I actually came back to tell you I bought the hole reinforcers in an office supply store. I think there were 250 or so in the container. It dispenses one at a time, so the one was hard to stamp without it dispensing automatically.

    Now to your autumn and your dishes. You were so lucky to find those dishes and in such good condition, too. The Royal Doulton ones look VERY heavy. I probably wouldn't be able to lift them due to no grip.

    The autumn leaf dishes are fabulous. I absolutely love the look. They sort of look like melmac/melamine dishware in the photo. They are simply beautiful.

    To answer your questions about AJJ and TioT, I am a co-administrator of AJJ. 4 X 6 inches is large postcard size. The journal page must be at least that size. HOWEVER, it can be a LOOSE page, a canvas, FABRIC, created in an altered book, or digital art. What is not allowed are ATCs, ATCoins, ATCubes, cards, and postcards and index cards (3 X 5 inch).

    I am NOT affiliated with TioT, but I know the rules. The ONLY requirement is, it MUST fit whatever theme they have chosen for that fortnight. I remember years ago Darla submitted a chair she had painted that fit whatever theme they had going at the time. 3-D items (like painted furniture, boxes, etc), as well as 2-D items (like cards, tags, etc) are acceptable AS LONG AS it fits the theme. There are no size requirements at TioT. I hope that helps, dear.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit