Wednesday, September 11, 2019

9/11


Soon after we first moved and retired to the woods back in 2003-there was a touring quilt show with a guard on duty.
    The one that came near us was about an hour away in Warrensburg, Mo in a park setting-that I told Hubs I really wanted to see.
    I found some photos I had taken in my Photobucket. I remember this being very moving-holding back tears viewing these quilts in such a peaceful setting. These were hanging in one of those sheltered picnic areas with a roof overhead but no walls, with a guard walking around the outside.

and I just remembered that this first quilt if you enlarge the photo-you will see the faces of the people that died that day





7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW. These quilts feel so patriotic. I'm thrilled you shared them with us today, on this very special day of remembrance. How super appropriate. I am sure you were glad you were able to see these quilts in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tribute quilts. Thank you for sharing your photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Remembrance quilts, we will not forget this. Thank you for sharing the photos Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing quilts. May we all be blessed with peace and love, warmth and kindness. Take care, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, we will never forget! The quilts look amazing too, such beautiful tributes 😁. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit