Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sharing Recipes Using Cast Iron

  I get an email once in awhile that has some good looking recipes that I think deserve to be shared-they look so delicious. 

From Southern Cast Iron

click on links for the recipes

Lemon-Buttermilk Scones




Plum Blackberry Bars

plum blackberry bars


Gooey Layer Bars  this one is super easy




Skillet Carrot Cake

Skillet Carrot Cake


Let me know if you decide to make any of these recipes-they are all tempting. I have fresh carrots on hand-so may just make this carrot cake soon

15 comments:

  1. Oh, my! They all look so good! Too bad, Himself was advised to go on a keto diet. ).-.:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, mmm! Now how do we make those gluten free and sugar free and still taste good? :)
    Love,
    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i use Bob's Red Mill gluten free 1 to 1 flour mix with very good results-for the sugars I use splenda, coconut sugar

      Delete
  3. These all look extra lovely. I want the scones, please.

    BTW, I saw C.J.'s comment and left her a link she might enjoy. You might like it, too:

    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    Jan always serves up terrific low carb recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempting is an understatement Kathy. They all look so yummy! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMMMMM! The scones and carrot cake look so good. Maybe I"llbake today since it is storming here and I'm stuck inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look so scrummy! Now which one shoukd I chose first ...lol 😉. Happy Friday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look delicious, it would be hard to choose but I think the carrot cake would win
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband makes scones, even has a pan like in this recipe. They are the best. The rest of these recipes look lucious as well. I’m sure yours would look every bit as good, maybe better. It’s one of your strengths, cast iron cooking!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit