Sunday, August 19, 2018

Eco Prints on Watercolor Papers-Preview

  I just unwrapped the papers-I did two batches this time, with the smaller size papers-around 20 sheets. 
    Hubs cut me two tiles in half that are perfect. I was able to stack them in the steamer, with room to set them on rocks on the bottom and the top-and the water came up just over the tiles.
   I added a little bit of brown Rit dye to the water, probably a tablespoon. Loving the results!! and I cut the papers to size this time as well.
   These photos are wet just out of the water-so of course they will lighten up quite a bit once dry.

   I am very impressed with these prints. I used some leaves that were red, some were yellow, and allot of the yellow on the papers is also the reaction with alum acetate fixative from the leaf to the paper.
    I also liked soaking the leaves in rusty water over night. I have leaves left so I am re soaking them for another batch tomorrow.

There is only one piece that did not get a clear image the third one in the second row




These are the papers in between the watercolor papers-allot lighter in colors than the blue papers I did but still prints  The edges took up allot of the brown dye. I think these we will be fun to use inside the matching papers as notecards.



13 comments:

  1. These are so cool Kathy. I love them! Nice work. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS, Kathy. Great result. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I'm definitely in need of some heavy watercolor paper. These turned out great. I really enjoyed seeing how pretty each of these turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy.. these turned out AMAZING! Look at the color and detail you achieved!! Just beautiful ! So happy for you! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great images, Kathy! Like mine, you got a lot of yellow. I’m still hoping to get more Fall colors when they appear. Adding Rit dye gave you nice edging color, I must try that. I’m not submerging my papers in the water though, just steaming them, so I don’t know it will work as well for me. I have amassed a tall stack of dried prints now, and I like your idea to use the fainter ones as writing paper inside note cards. Well done, and now I’ve learned yet again from your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kathy fantastic results they all look beautiful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Kathy! impressive color and detail. I wonder what you'll do with all that pretty paper.

    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I may frame a few, use as notecards, maybe sell some on etsy, or look into how hard it would be to bind them into a book

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit