Thursday, August 23, 2018

Book Sharing

  I just finished a book: Loving Frank by Nancy Horan 

I ran into this book from my Book Bub email list-which I have actually been deleting most days so I can get caught up on my reading.  I am really glad though that I opened up the email a few days ago to find this book.

  This is about a love affair that Frank Lloyd Wright had. At first I thought what a different topic to write a book about-but the author really did allot of research of this time period in his life. She is a gifted writer and I really discovered Wright's personality through her words. This took place in the early 1900's so the religious and social values really came out-that in this day we don't even think about.
  The ending was so tragic, which I did not know about, that I looked online to see if was true-and the author was very correct in the details.

  I have always loved Wright's architecture. My husband's late uncle even lived in one of his homes in his early years as a lawyer. 
  This is a book that will stay with me.

Here is a link about the book, with a video by the author, and reviews

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like something I would love. I have always admired Wright and his architecture. There is a house in Wichita built by him, which includes his famous stained glass and very uncomfortable furniture. Thank sfor sharing and thanks for letting me know about various eucalyptus. That was new to me. BTW, glycerin is what makes the eucalyptus soft and pliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fascinating story. He was brilliant, wasn't he, but his personal life sounds like a mess. There's only one of his buildings in Tennessee, a house he never saw.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit