Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Jam Recipe-in Your Enameled Cast Iron

 It is getting to be that time again-Jamming Season as in making jams from fresh fruits as they come available

  I used to make a few batches of Jam every summer-we always liked it with lots of fruits so probably more like Preserves and most definately not jellies. I started out making low sugar or no sugar jams when the no sugar pectins came out-they turned out really nice and I could make them with no sugars at all-they set up pretty good.

  In my inbox this morning was a recipe from Southern Cast Iron's newsletter for getting out your enameled cast iron and making up some jam  Find recipe here  this one is lower than most in sugars and does not use added pectin in their Blackberry Jam

note: all photos are not mine but from the links I shared

Blackberry Jam


Here is a link to their Peach Ginger Jam that looks delicious and is also lower in sugar than most and no pectin needed  (In my Grandma's day one would use the same amount of sugar as the fruit-back then those were too sweet for my taste too)




and they shared one more Plum Strawberry Jam  also no pectin needed



14 comments:

  1. I don’t have the experience of making jams either, but yours sure look and sound (no sugar) great! I like your jars too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made jam or jelly. My tastes go to canning veggies. They certainly look good, though.

    I thought I published this, but found it on my desk top when I awoke this afternoon. Sorry, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I love to make jams and jellies too! Old favourites are plum jam and bramble (blackberry) jelly, they are both lovely on toast - yum 😁. Not at the same time though ...lol πŸ˜‰. Thanks for sharing your recipes and Happy Wednesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our woods has allot of wild blackberries-that are the best-with all the rain we are getting here the bushes are loaded with flowers.
      happy week Jo

      Delete
  4. I love making jam. My isn't really thick and jellied so I guess it is more a preserve too. I like to make pickles and relishes too. Something about putting up food feels good. Glad you shared this photos. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, I love to can too-I was brought up with canning at home and still love the process. I smile at my jars when they come out of the canner. and I know what its there too Hugs Kathy

      Delete
  5. Oh so yummie.... I nearly can smell the fragrances! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning Susi, Jams are awesome aren't they? have a good week Hugs Kathy

      Delete
  6. These jams look wonderful, nothing beats home made one's. Have a great evening. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you stop by my blog today. You are the cause of all the debacle on the quiltlet (GRIN)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to make up some blackberry jam. I have 2 big gallon bags in the freezer from last year and like you my vines are loaded with blooms this year.But first I still have tons of plants to get into the ground from the winter/sown jugs !!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit