Sunday, February 18, 2024

T Stands for This and That

Hello to the T Group with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth,

     I thought I would pop in to visit at least once a month going forward. Larry is getting a bit better every week now. Looks like Medicare will probably only pay for in home physical therapy for three more weeks. Hoping they can extend that. One of the oversearer was out last week and said their goal is to get Larry walking up the steps at the end of three weeks. That would be awesome but I don't see that happening in that time frame at all. Larry tires out super fast now with his heart condtion so I really can't visualize that just yet-but will pray on it.
 
   We did get a blast of winter over this weekend, ice first and  then several inches of snow on top.(photos previous post)  We still have low temperatures but with full sun I am surprised how much has melted off over the weekend. Saturday most of the hill was melted off.

  For my drink share for T  I grabbed one of my Yellowstone water bottles-that I love-and filled with water to use in the house. Makes me happy-smiles. I also wanted to try out a decaf freeze dried coffee that I found on Amazon. If I make up a pot of coffee for me it lasts over a week sometimes-so if I just want one cup I thought this sounded perfect. This coffee has excellent deep flavor-I love it. Not at all like just a instant coffee. My coffee cup is handmade pottery.


After I drank most of my coffee and I had more light for a nicer photo-I also grabbed apples from the refrigerator to make up an apple crisp.I made that Sunday morning with fresh blueberries



 I wanted to share my vintage postcards, stickers amd ATC from Bleubeard and Elizabeth. The cards and stickers were so thoughtful and chosen just for me  thank you so much




  With the very cold weather starting on  Friday I decided perfect to wear my new slippers-cozy and warm



  Sunday morning-surprise! The new amarylis bulb I purchased around November had bloomed but had no leaves. This looked like a very young bulb. However, when I watered my older bulb and this one today, I discovered a leaf growing and also another flower stem-what a wonderful surprise! The flowers will be red and white.



      Sunday morning's sunrise was very very bright, so did not capture a good photo to share


  Not sure anyone reading this will be nterested but I wanted to share a family owned company I love. They send out very interesting newsletters too that I have always learned something new.
    The Buffalo Wool Company   They process buffalo fibers, I love their socks-sooo warm and comfy.I try to support USA home business's when possible. I have been eyeing their buffalo fibers for soil amendment. for awhile  now. It's rather expensive but their site has a big sale going along with free shipping when you spend a certain amount. Alot of items are sold out already. I bought another pair of their ankle size socks and  I decided to buy some of this fiber to see how coarse it is and if it could be spun or not along with using it for gardening.  When I searched online about adding fiber like this to soils everything was positive about it.   Have any of you tried a fiber in your gardens?
     I want to get the big plastic tubs we have that held food for ranchers that we still have at the woods home-up here to the lake.  These are very large and perfect for growing things in.  I have organic cotton seeds coming in the mail soon that I want to grow in these tubs along with flowers. Vegetables are difficult as the chipmunks and squirrels eat everything they find. It can get very hot here in this area of Missouri in the late summer months-so I think plants will do better in these tubs.



  As I am writing this  my apple-blueberry crisp just came out of the oven


I did make a couple batches of roll out sugar cookies wheat and gluten free-turned out really delicious-good thing a froze them in small bags haha

I shared photos on my Instagram page here

Happy T

36 comments:

  1. Your slippers are terrific! And that's good news on Larry. I hope they will extend the therapy. If he can even make a single step they might so I hope it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you like your slippers. I have never heard of the buffalo wool company and never thought it possible I guess.
    Your crisp sound delicious. I do pray for your husband does get to be able to walk up stairs.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cathy, Ibeieve he will he is someone that never gives up, but I think 3 weeks to accomplish this is a stretch-we'll see

      Delete
  3. I made an apple crisp this week too (no blueberries though). Your coffee cup is very pretty. I do wish you and Larry the best Kathy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome I love the fruit crisps they are easy to make and less carbs than pie crust. thanks so much-hugs

      Delete
  4. I don't know how I missed this post for the T-Party but I'm here now. A very nice post too. I love those slippers! Fiber in plants, I can see how that would help with retaining water and that is always a plus. I will have to check it out more. yumm crisp is the best. It is so nice of Elizabeth to send us all gifts. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, this post is actually early for Tuesday so you didnt miss it-hugs I usually post for T on Sundays which is Monday in Europe. the slippers were a gift so I am loving the colors too.the crisp was really good Elizabeth is good to all of us-hugs

      Delete
  5. Your apple blueberry crisp sounds delicious, enjoy! And I hope Larry continues to improve! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good news that Larry is improving. Not good news his home PT benefit is running out. It is uncomfortable knowing that folks at home need carea budget doesn't allow while billions are being sent overseas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, need to keep more of our money here in the States

      Delete
  7. Loving your amarillys! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a coffee drinker but your apple blueberry crisp got my attention. Hope Larry gets his 3 weeks worth. I remember when they were going to lick my mom out of therapy. She ended up paying for another week out of her own pocket when she broke her leg. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping they will extend the therapy after this 3 weeks, he will need a bit more I think. as long as medicare sees that he is improving each week, they have been giving another 3 weeks after a week of evaluation since end of October

      Delete
  9. That apple blueberry crisp sounds very yummy. I had dinner awhile back and a nice dessert would sure taste good. And your new slipper socks look comfy. I always thought amaryllis bloomed for Christmas, but I guess I was wrong because it seems so many people's are blooming now. Enjoy it. And have a great T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do enjoy an apple crisp and it is easier for me to make instead of two pies-wheat crust and a gluten free crust.
      I have never had an amarylis bulb that bloomed in December and now another flower stem in February pretty fun. Happy T

      Delete
  10. I'm glad that Larry is doing better and I hope he will continue to do so. Getting up steps is a huge deal; I hope they will extend the PT. I have found that PT really helps if you do the exercises, but of course it's a long journey.
    I have never tried any fiber for soil amendment, it sounds interesting. Since I compost, I use that and it works just fine. \
    Happy T day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Larry has an excellent PT that is so helpful and caring. it took a bit but we got the occupational therapist dismissed-she and her boss were a total waste of medicare's money. Larry does do all sorts of exercises too in bed since he has been home-late October.
      I have always had a compost pile too even in the woods but her the chipmunks and squirrels get into everything-there are so many of them. I gave up growing veggies here as they eat and destroy everything-never seen this before. so I grow flowers and hope they don't bother my cotton plants-smiles

      Delete
  11. Fabulous to hear that Larry is getting better and has the support he needs during his recovery 😊. Sending him healing thoughts and prayers! You have been busy, as always, and I'm loving your happy T Day goodies and your slipper socks are amazing. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful to hear from you, and I'm glad to hear that Larry is making progress with his physical therapy. It sounds like a challenging journey, but with your love and support, I'm sure he'll continue to improve. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a successful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was about to leave a comment last night when I got very sick. Still feeling bad, but MUST be a good host.

    So glad Larry is getting better every day. I hope they extend his PT.

    I have never heard of fiber for soil amendment. I have three compost piles, and I rotate every three years. I'll read up on it, though.

    Glad you liked the cards I sent. Guess I guessed wrong on the stamp, though. I was afraid you already had the wolf postcard, so I'm glad you liked it.

    Those slippers look warm. Probably what I need, too. I wear house shoes not warm slippers.

    Your apple blueberry crisp sounds delicious.

    Love your mug. I know how much you like pottery. Interesting info on the freeze dried coffee. Thanks for sharing your week with us for T this Tuesday, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, so sorry you were not feeling well. Yes i did love your postage stamp and took a photo but it came out all blurry so didn't post it. I save the stamps too. I wish I could compost here, the critters here get into everything-it is worse than we lived i the woods-so strange to me haha
      Take care of yourself and feel better hugs

      Delete
  14. So pleased to read that Larry is doing better, continued prayers for his recovery progress.

    The apple blueberry crisp sounds good, a tasty combination.

    Happy T Day wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear that Larry is slowly getting better. Hopefully Medicare comes through for you as well. It dawned on me that I wonder how many younger kids even know how to read the cursive your blog is written in. Not that a lot of younger people read blogs, just a random thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you they came out this week for Larry but doesn't sound like they will renew-they are pushing him to attempt our steep stairs-an over reach in my opinion.
      One of the reasons I changed to cursive (I love the look of cursive, more personal) and I believe everyone should know how to read and write cursive the day may come when electroncis will go down and everyone needs to know this rididiculous not to know in my opinion

      Delete
  16. I'm glad that Larry is getting better and stronger. Hopefully, the extension you're looking for will come through. We're finally getting sun, too, to melt the snow. With the sun shining, it doesn't feel as cold. Your slippers are adorable and look comfy cozy. Apple crisp sounds perfect, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, thank you CJ, when the therapist came out yesterday it did not sound like we would get an extension-they are pushing for him try walking up the stairs outside-don't think that is a good idea just yet.
      the apple crisp turned out good-I had bought some vanillla ice cream to go with too Happy T

      Delete
  17. Hi, I don´t know exactly who Larry is, but I hope he will be better soon. I like coffee too, does not matter if it is instant or from a coffee mashine. You´ve got nice woolsocks. Have a good time and thanks for visiting my blog
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Larry! Hope you get the help needed and awwww to the slippers, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think my comment went to the bin? Yay to Larry was the bottom line, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes your comments go into my spam folder-don't know why and I forget to check there. also here in the states anyone that has yahoo email always goes into my spam folder too-strange haha

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit