Thursday, January 11, 2024

Not Happy with the NFL

   Several years ago with the players disrespecting our flag with their kneeling I stopped watching sports. Players should not be allowed to do this while they are getting paid-my opinion of course. Rather protest on their own time-these players are over paid to start with.

   When those of us that watch pro football during the season, the playoffs and the super bowl are the fun part to see if your favorite team makes it through.

  So just a couple days ago, and now they are posting this on the tv as well-the KC Chiefs playoff game with the Dolphins will Not be aired on the tv but instead streaming on Peacock. This is the NFL doing this. The game will only be aired in the local cities on the tv.  Peacock paid allot of money to the NFL to do this. As a sports fan I am not happy about this at all. Not sure if this is the only game or if there are others that has gone to streaming only for the playoffs. 

  I am not into streaming-which is the future they are pushing I am thinking-so I am not going to pay more money to Peacock just so I can watch this game.

 Opinions?  on Facebook some are saying Peacock is free-it is not free you sign up and you are charged every month. One article says you can cancel after the game-but it is quite the process to do that according to another article I read.

 Hoping people don't cave to this money making deal Here is one article about it

  Shows me NFL cares only about the money not their fans-sad.

15 comments:

  1. I agree, and loved your commentary. I just paid the $4.99 to watch the Chiefs game. I do volunteer work for "non-computer" people and it has reached the point that I have to have a spreadsheet with al my passwords and log ins. Now my phone knows when I am near it. We are giving up freedoms that we do not even know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are unhappy with the sport tv etc.I don't watch any sport, and very little TV at all, I prefer to read or paint! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if this is the new norm-streaming instead of watching it on tv-that I have to pay for-won't be watching any more

      Delete
  3. I so agree with you. I started watching football last year with Mr. M. Even with cable you have to have to righ channels to see the games. Now, Prime had Thursday night football, if you don't have prime you are out. Also there are some parts of Peacock that are free but not the game and they raised the prices from $4.00 to $5.99. I WILL NOT pay to watch a stupid sports game. It is all about the millions in sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refuse to pay Peacock streaming too-if this is the new sports way to watch a game I will stop watching I am already paying too much for tv progamming as it is I do have the nfl channel so am going to see if they televise it there after the game was live-they did that when it was on prime

      Delete
  4. I so agree about what those players get payed. It´s ridiculous!!!! Soccer guys here also.
    So far the footy games are on TV here.
    I agree, very sad it´s just about money and not about the fans.
    We had permanent cards for the Braunschweig Lions for 10+ years. They won the German Bowl 13 times, The Eurobowl 6 times. There were shows for free, even Joe Cocker once! There was a great atmosphere, we knew each player by name, visitor-numbers were around 10 000 (they are first league).
    Now a clothes store took over a couple of years ago. Renamed them into New Yorker Lions. Ticket-prices went through the roof.
    No pre-, no aftergame show.
    Visitor-numbers around 3 000.
    I´ll give them a chance this year because I´ll get one free.
    So sad. Same as in your place. To the money, not the fans...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize this. I see the superbowl is on Paramount +, (maybe CBS as they are connected). The future is definitely going to streaming, but the worst part is that every service charges you money-monthly. Sorry you can't watch the game Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pay enough for tv programming already I won't get into this streaming of games they are getting too greedy

      Delete
  6. I got to thinking that there are so many sports bars that will have the game on and they sell drinks and foods so all those places will be paying Peacock sad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post.
    Nice channels on YouTube are gone due to, I believe, having the rights to air them sold to a streaming service. The copyright owner makes money from the sale of their intellectual property.
    I take issue with major networks jumping on the streaming band wagon. It takes away from the public what made them what they...viewers!
    The goal to suck every dollar out of the public is shameful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is sad but is how the industry forces us towards the new even if we don't want ti this will take down cable tv services for sure and hur the public

      Delete
  8. I am with you, I am sick and tired of the players antics. Just play football, no one really cares about their stance on anything. I also agree with you on the airing of the game. We are not going to get it just to watch the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep anyone working on their job should not be pushing their own political agenda refuse to pay another service just for the game and then get stuck with a year of payments if cant cancel after the game-which I have read is not all that easy to do I do have the nfl channel on my tv so hoping they will air the game after it is not live

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit