Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Chocolate Popcorn & Lake Photos

     Today I finished up with the chex mix-gluten free version and then I made two batches of chocolate popcorn.

   I need to find space in the freezer tomorrow, which is limited right now. I will gift a few goodies for our lake friends but that is it this year.

  I did bake us both batches of gingerbread cookies, and I also  made a gluten free version of peanut butter cut out cookies. I didn't frost them this year. I cut the gingerbread cookies thick so the cookies would stay soft and moist. We love these cookies. Tomorrow I want to bake up the fresh roasted chestnut cookies that I found online. Those sounded delicious and festive. The small stores near me do not sell fresh chestnuts so I buy them online at nuts.com.

   I really love this chocolate popcorn and make it a couple times a year-so delicious. I use a quality dark chocolate chip for a richer flavor. If anyone is interested in the recipe-I will write it up in comments-just let me know. This is simple and easy-no candy thermometer needed.


  Over the last couple of weeks I grabbed my camera for pretty lake views-early mornings. We have enjoyed allot of reds and purples before the sunrises


 Below is a pretty cloud reflection on the lake-I love these A couple weeks ago I spotted a small group of pelicans. They were swimming on the shore across from me. I hear the loon's call early morning, and we now see more ducks and geese-with the summer boaters gone now.




We have enjoyed gorgeous sunrises this week-photo just before the sunrise


Happy last week before Christmas Day for those of you that celebrate.

27 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures of sunrise and clouds. I have not had much in the way of sunrises. WE have had so much rain.
    I make a white chocolate popcorn with sprinkles for fairy popcorn for my grand and it is pretty good. sounds like you have been very busy cooking up some festive cookies
    Merry Christmas
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Lots of rain coming in soon here too and still not much winter weather which is fine with me. your white popcorn sounds delicious my husband won't eat white chocolate though I like if for some things Merry Christmas

      Delete
  2. In the past I've ordered nuts from them. very tasty and not rancid. Win.Win.
    Great job on the popcorn. I'm with you, dark chocolate for the win.
    Stunning capture of the sky. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do order allot from nuts.com and they are a family owned business passed down through the years-their pecan pie is amazing too

      Delete
  3. Your chocolate popcorn looks yummy. I made the dough for some sugar cookies and some Scandinavian ginger cookies. Tomorrow I will roll them out and bake them. I'm not a fan of frosted cookies, so I never frost mine. But better on the sugar, right? Those lake views are lovely. If I don't get by, have a Merry Christmas Kathy. Hope everything with the hubby is still improving. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to frost the cut outs and then use sprinkles on top-I am not a decorator at all though I was using a keto frosting that wasn't too bad. we are enjoying these gingerbread cookies with no frosting though Merry Christmas to you and yours hugs

      Delete
  4. Love the beautiful photos! But I wish you hadn't mentioned chocolate popcorn! Hope Larry is doing well. Love and hugs to you, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Kathy YUM! Would you share the gluten free version of the Chex Mix???? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheerios are gluten free, I add a little bit of those since small, there are gluten free pretzles available now I get the sticks and those looped ones not sure what they call them, I use corn chex and rice chex-but I just discovered those now use bioengineered foods which I don't want -will search for something else next time, after they come out of the oven I add gluten free small crackers-lots to choose from, I never add that salt in-way too much salt I just use the onion powder garlic powder and worch. sauce and the butter

      Delete
  6. I´d prefer cheesy popcorn! But Ingo´d love yours :-)
    Ohhhh, the lake pics, hugs and thank you, hope all is on the way up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry is not feeling well today, but the weather keeps going up and down in temps, we are hoping the new mattress will come in early this week that will make a huge huge difference in his mobility

      Delete
  7. Dear Kathy, it sounds like things are going better than last - I definitely wish that for you. You're busy making Christmas preparations, yeah! I particularly like your photos of the sunrises and reflections on the lake - they are really wonderful impressions!
    I wish you and everyone you love a wonderful Christmas ⛄🎄🕯️ and a happy new year 🍄🍀!
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/winter-wunderland-und-frohe-weihnachten.html
    🍀❣️🧸🎠❤️⛄🍄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound super busy but oh, what lovely views and nature you shared. Sending Christmas greeetings, in case I can't get back before the holidays (we'll be at the kids and time will be .... sketchy!) Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photographs, the lake is calming in the sunlight day or night.
    The chocolate popcorn looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-those photos are amazing! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope Larry is doing much better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas-thank you still many challenges to be conquered

      Delete
  11. Your photos of the views are beautiful and all of your goodies are making me hungry. I would love the chocolate popcorn. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love this chocolate popcorn too-can be addictive so I put most if it in the freezer smiles Merry Christmas

      Delete
  12. You took great photos, this natural spectacle is wonderful to look at. Thank you very much.
    Your sweets look delicious, for example this Christmas I baked pistachio cookies and glazed them with white chocolate... it's a complete success... I love trying new recipes.
    Many greetings to you from Viola. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit