Sunday, June 11, 2023

Slowing Down on Social Media

   I almost just edited my previous post to add this to it, but decided to post a short blog instead.

  I think with summer coming and gardening and other outdoor work goals, I will not be posting as much for awhile. Perhaps just a short Sunday post like I have been. Also will not be posting every week for T for awhile. I enjoy reading the blogs that link up over on T but that does take allot of time to read and comment. Sadly there are still several that don't visit back that link up-but I don't let that bother me any more like it used to. 

   I may have done this last summer too. It's not that we are all that busy with our senior lives at this moment in time for us, but it is good to get away from social media a bit. I try to stay away from hearing politics too as our country is going through a very difficult time-wokeness, extreme agendas and companies trying to change the fabric of our country and morals-scary times for sure-in my opinion of course.

  I have greatly slowed down being on Facebook-where I mostly visit my groups that I enjoy, and I am still enjoying Instagram as I can just scan through lots of photos from things I am interested in that I follow. Finding sashiko and mending inspirations, botanical inks, nature photos and wonders, national parks-things I have an interest in and enjoy seeing and learning more about. There are some amazing fiber artists over there too for inspiration.

  Today and most of last night we got rain, and it is still raining off and here today-Sunday. We were so dry so this is a blessing for us. I pray those of you that needed rain will get some soon.

  I do enjoy my friends on Blogger, but mostly need a break from the need to read and comment back on link ups. I will visit friends more right now at my own pace. I will be around for T's 10th anniversary event though

Happy Summer time (image found online)



23 comments:

  1. Enjoy summer Kathy! -christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging and all that should be but fun, so I think I will miss you a lot, but I understand of course. Just don´t go away forever, please... Today I have your happy animal as mural btw :-) Hugs to you, the lake, summer and fun times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Iris, I will be here and visiting just not linking up every week for right now.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had known about this before I left that last comment. I completely understand how summer can be quite overwhelming with gardening and such. See you for the 10th Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be around visiting a bit for sure just not on a schedule for awhile hugs

      Delete
  4. Hope you'll still stop by online Kathy, but I get how life is in the summer. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will for sure, I would miss my friends and seeing what they are up to

      Delete
  5. I will be doing much the same, Kathy, beginning this week (which is a bear with medical stuff and then a neighborhood yard sale.) Fewer visit and commenting but I hope to check in whenever possible. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be missed a lot for sure. I agree with your decision.
    I'm going that way myself; and, thinking of using Instagram.
    I hope, though, when you landscape is in full bloom, you post pictures.
    And if the turtle shows up again as well.
    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The importance is to be Happy. I wish for you a good and happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Summer! Glad you got rain we have had a rainy june but when we have the breaks from it is beautiful. I am not complaining that's for sure I will take the rain. I am with you of stepping back I rarely do facebook there was always someone who was upset they were not included in what I was doing. I am busy with gardening and summer things today is rainy so I am taking the time on my computer.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to blog on mulitply-I loved that platform very much-before facebook was around-and many wonderful friends. then they sold multiply and the buyers dumped the social media part and kept the selling part this was very sad for many of us. I went back to blogger-which I like the set up here but very difficult to find new friends here. I never like facebook at all and it is very very liberal and censors free speech there all the time--but at the time most of my friends went to facebook and no longer blogged. I prefer a blogging platform over facebook.
      now years later I only have two original friends there on facebook and neither blogs but they are on instagram so I can stay in touch with them there.
      I loved the rainy weekend we had-got to catch up on spinning and slow mail letters instead of outdoor work

      Delete
  9. Me too Kathy! But i will be around for the Anniversary T as i signed up for it... Hope to hear from you now and then.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Yes I will be around for sure, just backing off the link ups for now but still visiting friends, and Sunday seems to be a good day to post. I am mailing you off slow mail today hugs

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind wishes! Sorry I seem to have deleted comment, it read - Sounds like a good plan with Summer around the corner but I hope to see you back here when the weather changes 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit