Sunday, June 11, 2023

It's Raining

 Good morning, we are so thankful-rain-and lots of it so far-a gardener's rain so no storms or high winds. We soooo needed rain, The lake is down in elevation where we live, so we have gotten missed allot this spring, as I know many here in the midwestern states need rain as well. So I am hoping this rain is wide spread.




    After the rains I will need to spend time doing some much needed weeding around the gardens this coming week. I never enjoyed that task. I think it is because it was one of our tasks growing up as kids-weeding Mom's huge veggie garden.

   I have been spinning a bit the last few days-Me and Miss Ashley spinning wheel are doing much better. Finally the foot action keeping the wheel spinning is more natural now and I don't need to think about it as much. Finer yarn as well, although still not consistent through out a whole bobbin full
 .  My vintage wheel is still giving me troubles. Ever since we moved from the wood' house, I can't get the yarn to load on to the bobbin. I changed from a flax to a cotton drive band which I was hoping would be the answer-nope. It can also be a tension issue-after a couple hours still no fix. Will try again later today.

   My husband just discovered the new Avatar film showed up on HBO last night-anxious to view it as we loved the first film. This movie is over 3 hours long-so I am thinking lots of action and the special effects should be really good too. Didn't realize avatar was a Disney movie though.  I am not too happy with their wokeness lately. I had ordered a dvd of the movie but canceled the order since we found it released on HBO

  On June 2nd I needed to go to the dentist-a bit before our friends arrived from Wisconsin. An old filling broke between two crowns. I have been in much pain ever since. I must have been allergic to the numbing shot as it took a week for that to mostly go away. Something is wrong for sure-I will need to call first thing Monday morning to see when I can get in. Nothing worse than  tooth pain that never stops.

 Yesterday, I put together the 10th anniversary T package for my swap partner-will get that in the mail this coming week.

Have a good week everyone


 

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the filling hope it is just that. Speaking from experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too and I think the numbing shot had a bad effect on me too, he may have hit a nerve as well ugh

      Delete
  2. From what I read you will have a very active week next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please send a bit of your rain on down! I know you have some happy plants. It’s good that you are still working with your fibers. You have got this! I hope everything works out with the tooth. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, am hoping some of this rain reaches you too-we soooo needed this rain, all the daylily leaves were pretty yellow too. I am happy to be spinning again-makes me happy to work with fibers-hugs

      Delete
  4. So glad you got some rain. Our weather person is calling it liquid gold. We got a tiny bit night before last. I hate weeding, too. One year I put down letters and bills I shredded, then watered so well, it all matted together. I didn't have to weed all year. Now most everything (all the herbs) is in pots.

    Sorry to read about your tooth. Tooth pain can be the worst indeed. I hope you can get into the dentist quickly tomorrow.

    Thanks for letting us know about your anniversary package. I am going to remind everyone this week about it, too. Hope you will feel well enough for T this week, dear Kathy.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so needed this rain. when I had a veggie garden I would put down thick cardboard and then top it off with old newspapers-I like your idea of shredded papers too-I planted the perennials really close together, so that main area is not too bad, but in the back where the big copper pot of petunias is-that is full of weeds where I planted goldenseal and bloodroot-I need to weed and mulch that area this week.
      I have never had this bad of experience after a visit with the dentist-something for sure is not right.
      I couldn't remember when to post the T package and then I found my note no later than July 3rd-not sure how long it will take to get to Hawaii so mailing this week for sure

      Delete
  5. Liquid gold is a wonderful name for rain. Oh, weeding. Not a fun job, I agree...
    I still did not make an app with my dentist. I know I should... but I´m afraid she finds something! Hope you are better by now!!!
    Gack. I think and think and have no idea what to sketch for the anniversary.
    Also it is some pressure I don´t like to have... stupid, isn´t it? Hugs to you and the lake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just woke up in the middle of the night with major tooth pain-ugh hoping I can get in to see him too he is always booked up. there should be no pressure with your anniversary sketch-hugs.

      Delete
  6. You created a lasagna garden with your cardboard and newspapers. I did that a couple of years and it worked fairly well. The shredded papers worked better, though because when I spread the shreddings, they matted around the plants. The idea is, like with the lasagna garden, the layers must be watered completely before the next layer can be put in place.

    Yes, all packages must be at the recipient by July 3. However, Hawaii is part of the U.S., so I don't think it takes that long to arrive. The problem with international postage is it must go through customs at our end and at their end. Not the case with Hawaii.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the idea of shredded papers-and I always have some in the shredder too-I don't put any any addresses in the garbage. I have never mailed anything to Hawaii before but was thinking should be fairly fast

      Delete
  7. I hope you got lots of rain and also were able to do your weeding. I have lots of that to do too. Smile. Sounds like life's been good and busy. I saw some of Avatar the other night too. It is long, isn't it? I hope you have a great week ahead. hugs--Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did get lots of rain-so happy about that.I started watching the new avatar-so far only watched a little bit-looks like mostly a war movie not sure I like this one so far. yes 3 plus hours is a long movie for sure-would not want to go out to see it for sure you have a good week too and with your new job hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit