Saturday, June 3, 2023

Good morning-a little update

 Good morning-Weekend.

    Hi Friends, Just popping in really quick to say hello.  Tomorrow-Sunday- friends from Wisconsin will be driving down visiting for several days. Rob is coming with a friend (we know Rich too) to go fishing and they are bringing Rich's brand new boat. Seems like a long drive (600 miles or so) to trailer a boat down when Larry has one. Smiles    Soooo I will be busy cooking up meals etc and won't be around much or for T this coming week.

  We did finally get a little rain, just enough so I didn't need to water the perennials for a couple days. We are headed towards the 90's though starting today and warmer at  night too-so will miss those cool mornings to start off the day.

   I am off to finish cleaning the house. Yesterday I went food shopping and ugh the dentist-I had a very deep filling between two crowns that needed fixed-I am still in pain from that, but thankfully I was able to get in right a way.

 Have a great weekend and new week-we will be watching the race boats on the lake-that came to play this weekend.


 Our 41st wedding anniversary is this coming Monday, so I made one of Larry's favorites-from scratch lemon meringue pie-one of the very few things I bake with sugar still



 and a pretty pre-sunrise this morning



23 comments:

  1. enjoy your company and I am sure your husband will love having a fishing buddy.
    Sorry about the dentist but glad you got it fixed. We are in a rainy pattern started yesterday afternoon and will rain off and on most of the week next week.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, we could use a week of rain here too-enjoy retirement!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy, hope you have great time with your friends! Hapy anniversary Hugs to you and Larry, that pie looks very good, Take care, have fun, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you finally got rain. It came close to us here but all we got was a cooler breeze which is nice. I am watering as I write. I love those early morning views of the lake. Happy anniversary to you and Larry. Take care and enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too-not allot but enough to water things for a day. I will need to get out the hose tonight or tomorrow. we do too-never know what the sky will look like-we don't get that many pretty sunrises during the warmer months-I hadn't noticed that before. Thank you much-should be a fun week hugs

      Delete
  4. That's a long way for fishing but I suspect more than fishing is involved -- like fun time with you! Have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are having a good time fishing-they are catching and cleaning to take home for a big fish fry. always wonderful to visit with them

      Delete
  5. Happy, happy Anniversary! Hope you a fun-yum day today!
    Fishing, oh. I alawys needed a book when Ingo did fishing.... soooo boring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary 🥳💐🥂!

    Have a nice visit with friends. One man's boat is like a first born, the most beautiful in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true-hugs. always good to have our friends down for a visit

      Delete
  7. Lucky Larry! I sure hope you feel wonderful very soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your week.
    Wishing you a happy 41st wedding anniversary.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh congratulations on your 41st Wedding Anniversary. That Lemon Meringue Pie looks fabulous. It was something I would make for my mom's birthday...haven't made one since she went home to heaven. Maybe someday I will make one again. Glad to see you got a little rain...we have not had any in over two weeks and things are not looking good. May be some coming in this weekend. Praying we get some soon. Take care friend and have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much. we did get rain today-and cooler too-hope you get some rain too

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness-that pie! My grandma always made them from scratch too. Her crusts were fabulous. I'm guessing yours are too. I hope you're having a nice spring and doing lots of creative things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from scratch is always awesome I make gluten free crusts now this one was made with gf graham crackers. back to spinning hugs

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary to you Kathy! 41 years is impressive. And have fun with your friends too. Hopefully the weather will be great for the guys to go fishing. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Erika and welcome home-hugs
      We did have a good time with our friends-they caught allot of fish to take back home for a fish fry.

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit