Sunday, October 30, 2022

T Stands for Tuesday & Greetings to the T Gang

   Hello Friends,

    Dropping in this week for Bleubeard & Elizabeth's T link up. It has been awhile. Life has been more busy and a bit crazy here, so I don't link up if I don't have proper time to visit everyone, read and reply. I did want to visit and say hi to everyone this week.

  Tuesday is the beginning of a new month. I have really enjoyed our October this year.  For the  most  part lovely weather here most of the month. We did get needed rain and also had two days of hard freezes in the 20's f, since then no more freezes. The sunrises have been spectacular this month with lots of reds, purples, and sometimes bright yellows.

 Every new morning brings us joy to see a new sunrise. I took this video over the weekend. Better viewing at full screen.


FYI That was the screen door shutting you just heard

  I haven't done any crafts really since I mailed out the Fall postcards which I believe were towards the end of August or early September-so it's been awhile. Today (Sunday) I decided to be lazy (while washing-drying clothes) and play with watercolors. My first attempt with the watercolor crayons I didn't care much for, and tossed out that page. I used the water brushes to take off the paint from the crayons and that resulted in lots of splatters over my page. Next time I try I will make paint from them on a pallet.  Today I dug out my watercolor paints and for inspiration I am looking at a fall photo with lots of rocks and water. ahhh so so, I need to really set up a regular practice day each week for painting to try to improve.  It is fun for me so for now this is a good thing, but I would like to paint better. I am on Craftsy and just found a really good teacher for watercolors and mixing colors So am hoping this will help me.

  We invited our new friends over for another pizza dinner-they loved the last one. These pizzas turned out even better. Didn't get photos, but I also made chocolate cupcakes as our new friend Mary lovesssss chocolate-anything chocolate.  These turned out really good. I turned a Bob's red mill gluten free yellow cake mix into chocolate, and searched online for a keto frosting to not add more sugar to these. Yummm sooo good. This frosting recipe is a keeper, and you can freeze the left over frosting for up to two months. These needed to be stored in the refrigerator with this frosting, and I had the perfect containers for that. I even found Halloween cupcake liners in my pantry.


I also found Halloween sprinkles in my spice cabinet So I served these after the pizza 


  We opened up a bottle of red wine to go with the pizza-of course forgot to take photos but this is the last of it. This was a really nice red. We have had this bottle for quite awhile. Back when Lilburn was still with us he bought the rest of a liquor and bait shop at an auction. Most of the labels were a bit dirty-I just washed them off with soap and water



I haven't been reading much either, which I usually do allot of in the evenings especially if nothing much is on the tv. I do have books waiting for me though.

  We have always loved birds and watching them, and we are up close and personal now as we are feeding seed on our deck. One day last week, Larry was so excited as a Hawk landed on the railing-we are thinking he wanted one of those little birds for his lunch. We haven't seen him again.

  I will be driving back to the woods house again this week, but I will be around to visit.

  The beauty of autumn was at it's peak here in the Ozarks this past week-so beautiful. This is looking out at the lake on the deck. They have been doing allot of work there where the smoke is.



   Enjoy your new week-and looks like also Welcoming in a new month. I don't think I am ready for November just yet.

  

   

44 comments:

  1. Fall is slipping away so fast.. Good to see you for T Kathy.. I'm trying to get motivated to make a post this week and join T .. Hasn't happened yet.. Look forward to seeing more of your watercolors.. I've been painting on the Koi painting.. So far so good.. Glad to hear you are enjoying cooking and having company.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deb, I need to work at the woods house again this week, and do a big food shop tomorrow-but decided to link up this week. Love to see the progress on your Koi painting-hugs

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! I am feeling a little sad that October is almost over. It has, for the most part, been glorious. I rather enjoyed playing with my watercolor crayons - a quick and easy way to get a little color. The cupcakes look so good - a chocolate lover’s delight, for sure. Of course your pizza is the best! Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me as well-October has been a good month for the most part. I will try the watercolor crayons again-just work with them in a different way next time. Those cupcakes were pretty good-thanks

      Delete
  3. Can't believe that October is about to end..and X'mas is just right at the corner. The cupcakes look really tempting. Beautiful sunrise, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am sad to see October end too-it's one of my favorite months with the beauty of autumn. the cupcakes were pretty good, glad you enjoyed the sunrise

      Delete
  4. Wonderful sunrise video, it's always my fave time of day. Your food always look wonderful, I wish I lived closer! Have fun with your watercolours! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Valerie, so glad you enjoyed the video-we are both blessed with sunrise views yes I would be bringing you over food for sure if we lived closer hugs

      Delete
  5. Beautiful lake scenes, thank you!!!!
    Here it stays dark so long (we changed to winter time but that does not make me happy).
    Unusually warm here, though!
    Haha, lazing means laundry, you are as crazy as myself.
    I´ll google Craftsy - maybe that helps!

    Oh, your friends are lucky!!!! Hmmm, Pizza!
    And Happy Halloween-cookies!
    I think our wine has turned to vinegar...

    A hawk, that is exciting indeed.
    Back to the woods. I hope you get it sorted soon! Happy (early) T-Day and hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed the sunrise. we change clocks here where I live next week, but I think that will give us earlier light in the mornings-a good thing for the lake views. Haha yep I am usually multi tasking for sure.
      The pizzas were sooo good, nothing like a home baked pizza for sure. This bottle of wine was quite old-still good.
      Yes a hawk is very exciting to see. we saw them allot at the woods home. Happy T hugs back

      Delete
  6. Happy Travels!
    The last photo is a nice subject to paint. Hawks are exciting and scary at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you joined us for T this week, Kathy. Your sunrise is absolutely breathtaking. Lots of great colors came out in this video.

    It's always nice to have friends visit and I am in LOVE with those awesome cupcakes. I think the addition of the Halloween sprinkles made them even more special.

    Loved that you served the Cabernet with the pizza. How nice that you had that on hand to serve your friends. Thanks so much for sharing your video, your pizza party with cupcakes, and your wine with us for T this week, dear Kathy. Loved that Larry saw a hawk, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, our sunrises have been amazing this month. thanks I don't make cakes very often and these cupcakes turned out pretty tasty and were fun too.
      I thought this wine was perfect with the pizzas too. thank you for hosting T hugs

      Delete
  8. Sounds like life has been good Kathy. There is only so much time in a day, isn't there? And days go so fast. It's nice to see you back to T. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes sometimes our days seem to short which I am noticing more and more since we have been in out '70's now. thanks so much hugs

      Delete
  9. The sunrise is gorgeous, no wonder you enjoy them so much. I would as well. I find that sunrises and sunsets are always more brilliant in the colder season, the colors are just stunning. Ouch, already hard freezes - I don't envy you, but I would like your rain. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am discovering that too more colors in the sunrises during colder mornings. I just noticed that this year. we have been blessed getting rain when we really needed it Happy T

      Delete
  10. Beautiful sunrises for sure. Each one is unique and I never tire of seeing them.
    Loved hearing about your experiments with the watercolor crayons. I have never used those although I have tried watercolor pencils. Each one is so different. I hope you have success with your Craftsy classes. Sometimes you learn the most from experimenting.
    The cupcakes look yummy! I could go for one right now!
    Happy tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate the sunrises have been so pretty this month especially-always a surprise each morning.
      I really like my watercolor pencils, I was curious about the crayons so will play them again. I really like the teacher I am listening to now on craftsy will see what I learn from her.
      the cupcakes were really good-Happy T

      Delete
  11. It seems to me you had a very good week. I enjoyed your sunrise Here by the S.F. Bay we are entering our foggy season. We rarely see the sun before 9 a.m. or so due to a heavy marine layer. Your cupcakes are perfect for Halloween dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had allot of fog this month to over the lake-mostly do to the differences in temperatures now of the lake and the air the cupcakes were fun to make for Halloween weekend Happy T

      Delete
  12. It's so pretty where you live. We don't get the fall colors on the coast. We have to go inland if we want to see the changes. Cupcakes look very good. You always bake up the best goodies. The sunrise is amazing. I am an early morning girl and appreciate the video. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a very pretty fall here for viewing the colors. I would miss it for sure. The cupcakes did turn out really good-I don't usually frost cakes but this keto frosting was good-and rich too. Happy you enjoyed the video!

      Delete
  13. Hello! I love reading what you're up to. We would love a rainy day here-it's so dry. We have not had freezing yet like you have. Those cupcakes look wonderful. Enjoy your week and new month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we were dry for allot of october but then we got some when we really needed it. there were still large fires around the state do to the dryness here too. I am surprised you have not gotten a frost as of yet. Happy November

      Delete
  14. I enjoy all the lovely seasonal changes :) We're having warmer-than-usual temps along with some welcome rain here. It sounds like you've been busy! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been pretty busy we allot of different things going on. we are having warmer temps too again-loving that Happy T and November

      Delete
  15. Oh that sunrise is spectacular! I never see sunrises as that is my best time to sleep, even though I might have had a bad night. So to see yours is really special.
    The wine looks lovely. It's great to share it with friends (and a pizza).
    You went over to the woods house again. I hadn't realized you still had that. Has it not been sold?
    The cup cakes really look delicious and the frosting with the Halloween sprinkles are spot-on.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisca, we have been enjoying many fabulous sunrises this fall so far. really gives us an awesome start to a new day. this was a good red perfect pairing with the pizza. sadly the woods house has taken too long, first covid would not allow for an auction, and my husband is not well either-he has not done well after the last heart operation back in fall 2019 so things are progressing slowly.
      the cupcakes were too fun hugs

      Delete
  16. the sunrise over the lake just gorgeous. Those cupcakes look fabulous. I'm envisioning eating a cupcake along with a cup of tea while sitting on your deck and watching the sunrise. Ah breakfast of champions. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kathy, beautiful sunrise, love those cupcakes, hope you are well, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kathy your video captured the most beautiful sky. You lived in such a lovely spot. There is something so special about reflections of the sky on the water. Sounds like you are busy like me. Will be looking forward to getting finished up with the leaves and getting ready for winter. Don't work too hard friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Debbie, we really do enjoy the views especially during the off months when many less boaters out there-smiles we have so many leaves here near the house that I am way behind on that -Happy November hugs

      Delete
  19. October is over and we are almost near to the end of 2022. The cupcakes look great and suits Halloween with the matching sprinklers. The view over the lake is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing with us. Happy belated T day and have a great week!
    Amila - diaryofanewmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing the wonderful sunrise video, your Autumn/Fall colours look lovely too.

    This year has flown by!
    Happy November wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome I agree time has gone by way too fast this year Happy November

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit