Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Sharing a Lovely Surprise in my Mailbox & a Misty Sunrise Today

   A few days before my birthday (the 24th) I received a surprise in my mailbox. My friend Barbara told me she was going to send me something and it arrived just before my birthday (although this gift was not a birthday gift)

  When I unwrapped the gift I almost cried. We have been friends for many years now and Barbara remembers our wolf family member Nikita-our hearts still miss her so much. 

  Barbara has sent me a couple things with her beading, and I know now this art is more difficult for her hands, so this was even more special to me.  This looks just like Nikita too.


  So I am able to view this piece every day, I placed it inside this vintage pottery bowl that is filled with arrowheads we found on our woods property and other nifty rocks.
  On the bottom are knitted fall leaves that another friend sent me several years ago now.  I am blessed.
    Thank you again Barbara this is really a special gift I Love it so much!!


After the two days of rain and then yesterday afternoon very very strong winds that came through, last night dipped to the low 30's F  so this morning early we had the fog-steam coming off the lake.  This morning's sunrise early




The fall colors in this area are now at their peak-and gorgeous. We went to town yesterday and it was such a lovely drive.

  Here is my view out the wall of windows



and out the front door-where the eagles like to sit


Happy Mid week!!


17 comments:

  1. This was a special gift, will start warming back up tomorrow-it's been a pretty nice October here in the Ozarks so far. thanks for the visit-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and such a thoughtful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that your friends remember you that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very thoughtful of Barbara..and she definitely knows you well. Those morning sunrise shots are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a cool start to the day, we had a beautiful day - perfect for being outside. I love your foggy morning sunrise, but I am beginning to feel a bit sad to think that our beloved October is almost over. The bead work piece depicting the beautiful Nikita is such a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mary, yes I will be sad to see October end this year-it's been such nice weather here for the most part-and I always enjoy those lovely fall leaves.
      Yes the bead work is amazing and a very thoughtful and special gift hugs

      Delete
  6. This truly is a very special and wonderful, thoughtful gift!
    And also that it was NOT for your Birthday!
    That´s what Ingo and I also do: Pressies just when you see something the other might love - no Birthday or Christmas-gifts, SPECIAL ones :-)
    Great lake pics again. Oh, I miss fog. You don´t have that in the city. When I still worked in Wolfsburg I stopped the car to enjoy and take pics of fog. Otherwise I´m a normal person.
    Did I say happy belated Birthday btw? I think and hope so!If not I do it now - to another wonderful year in your life - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning Iris, Larry and I have always done the same-share special gifts with each other just because.
      we have been enjoying some amazing lake views month-this one was really special and only lasted a few minutes.
      Yes and thank you so much for the birthday wishes-hugs

      Delete
  7. This is an incredible gift. I suspect it took her a long time to create it. She did an excellent job and it all hand stitched, too. I know this has great meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, this is an incredible gift. Barbara is an artist, and yes this is a very happy remembrance of our Nikita

      Delete
  8. Fall has definitely caught up with you.. ! We did get a little rain but not much . I think a little more is expected tonight into tomorrow.. We take any and all we can get.. ! What a lovely present from your friend Barbara. Reminded me i used to have a cockatiel named Nikita...lol She got out of her cage and flew away one day.. sigh.. I think the pets that touch our hearts never really leave. Doc visit today for hubs shoulder.. then as long as they don't do anything drastic to the shoulder we are off to play golf.. I need to run the vacuum if we ever stay home long enough..lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good that you can get out of the house and do things. we are at the point now we don't get out much anymore. I do the grocery shopping and that's about it . I am in great need of jeans-so one day soon I will take a pile of things to the animal shelter's resale shop and look for some. Hoping you both can get out to golf-hugs

      Delete
  9. Oh my! This is so lovely -- what a dear and perceptive friend. I love it and Iknow you will treasure it. Your foggy steam photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much-yes this is very special to me we had another foggy morning today but not as nice as these photos were

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit