Sunday, December 20, 2020

T Stands for Tuesday & an Update-Gift Quilt-Gifted

    Happy T everyone, 

          Does it seem possible that we are closing in on the end of the month soon and the year as well? I think most will be happy to see 2020 gone but there is allot happening the first week in January so hold on to your seats.

       T is where we share a drink related photo in our post with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth Anyone is welcome to join

    This past week "our" eagle pair has been nearby almost every day and they stay a long time too at least half the day and then some days they return. We so enjoy their visits. This is their courting season so they are much more visible. Larry has seen the pair fly right past his window where his desk and computer are (facing the lake)  twice last week-always exciting.



and Sunday we finally had sunshine.


  I have been sewing the 4 patch blocks a few every other day, trying to limit my time at the sewing machine as I over did it a bit on the past 3 quilts. This one has allot more blocks to make.





  I made a batch of peanut brittle and gave it all away plus a big batch of soft chocolate chip cookies for one of our friends that comes up and helps Larry when he can. It's an hour drive for him but he loves peanut brittle so he drove up for a visit and his treats. He brought his daughter and a friend over so that's the only interaction we have had with people in a couple months now-except for me when I go grocery shopping every 2 weeks or so. When they left I put all the placemats into the hamper to be washed and sanitized the table.


   We are in a warm spell right now, cold in the mornings but has been warming up to the 50's f which is really nice.

   Where the moon is right now I have to go out onto the deck and look up towards the house-I can see it through allot of tree branches but sadly I can't see the planets which is bummer. I will watch it on the 21st online through the telescopes.

   Last time I was at the Amish store I spotted spices for steeping in cider, wine, and they suggested black tea. So I bought a container and steeped it with a green tea-very nice.

     This single serve teapot I found in my Mom's things several years ago now-so I had brought it home with me. I love the strainer insert.



and I have to blame this on Elizabeth-I bought eggnog last time I went grocery shopping. I Loveeee eggnog too but I have been staying away from buying it these past years do to the high carb content--but after seeing her post-yep I needed to splurge this Christmas Sooo good 😀


  Monday I am driving to the woods house-to check on the propane tank to see if I need to order some in before the next bitter cold front. So I called up our friend that I made the gift quilt for and she will meet me there. So excited to finally get this to her-she has no idea it's a quilt. 

Happy T everyone, and Merry Christmas to all of you that celebrate

Monday Update: It was so wonderful to be able to visit with a friend again



37 comments:

  1. Love the eagle photos. You have been busy seeing and cooking, well done! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eagles are so uplifting and special to view right here looking out our front door

      Delete
  2. Those eagles are just gorgeous, thank you for sharing those photos. A little eggnog is just a must at Christmas, especially this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, yes I hadn't bought any eggnog in many years now-tastes good for sure

      Delete
  3. Love those eagles. They are a gorgeous pair. And you quilt is looking great Kathy. What I really like is that tea pot you got from your Mom's things. It is a beautiful salt glaze piece. And I bet the spices taste wonderful. Hope you have a great T day and a wonderful Christmas also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we love viewing this pair, once in awhile one of their youngsters is with them.
      Thanks I fell in love with this little tea pot too Merry Christmas

      Delete
  4. Lovely fun post, great Eagle shots! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your eagles! I love seeing the stuff you make-especially the peanut brittle. My mom wanted some this year and I had to hunt all over for it. What a treat it will be for her. Your quilt is coming along beautifully. I love eggnog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that you mentioned it I didn't see any peanut brittle for sale in the smaller wal mart we shop at now. Merry Christmas

      Delete
  6. The eagles must bring so much excitement! I like various brittles but have never made it. Yours looks tasty. That little teapot is adorable. I picked up eggnog for my husband today. He's a big fan. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do and I know their songs now, the screech was something new-very loud and they were in our front yard in a tree-just to the right of our front door-that was awesome.
      the brittles are a bit tricky-a find line between done perfect and burnt

      Delete
  7. LOVE those Eagles. They are amazing. And that quilt you are making is going to be stunning. So glad you got to spend time with friends and your friend you made the quilt for. Odd to see people without masks on. Even as people walk up my street, they are not near others, but still are wearing a mask.

    Your peanut brittle looks good. I'm glad your friend and his daughter are going to appreciate it.

    Sorry I played the enabler, Kathy (grin). I had not intended that. However, my eggnog is non-alcoholic. Yours actually sounds good.

    Enjoyed reading about the mulling spices and that teapot is amazing. I think it's perfect for T this Tuesday, too, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth I needed to look at the ingredients a couple of times to make sure it did not have any alcohol in it and it doesn't-kind of a play on words I think.
      I really enjoyed these mulling spices in the tea-very nice

      Delete
  8. Lovely post, Kathy. I know you work very hard on your home(s), but the way you write about them makes them sound like paradise. Your eagle pair photos are exciting. The lake and sunrise/sunset photos are beautiful. And your quilts - oh my - what can I say? I'm happy you were able to meet up with your friend to gift her quilt in person.

    Happy T-day and Merry Christmas! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eileen, I all most cried when I got to the woods house I really loved the seclusion of it there with all the wildlife-but I do love our lake home very much-especially during this covid.
      I was so happy we could finally get together-we stayed outdoors in the air and sunshine-no way I was not going to return a hug from my friend. Merry Christmas

      Delete
  9. I enjoy the eagle photos. How exciting to be able to watch them. Great quilt projects. Good idea to limit your time on them. I overdid working on craft projects last week. It has taken me a while to recuperate. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I always forget I need to pace myself and not do a 6-8 hour sewing session. Merry Christmas

      Delete
  10. Lovely quilt, I bet your friend loved it.
    Your brittle looks yummy as well as that eggnog. I have a craving for some now.
    Happy Tea Day and Merry Christmas,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone needs their own pair of eagles! We have been seeing one around here for the past couple of weeks. We watched the Great Conjunction this evening. Sky watching is such a fine habit to have. You do choose the most wonderful colors and fabrics for your quilts. What a lucky friend! I am looking forward to following along with you in the new year. I think it is going to be a dandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much-I finished this quilt back in October and with covid we just hadn't gotten together and we live an hour apart now. it was good to see her and she was totally surprised-she is such a good person always helping others. Merry Christmas

      Delete
  12. Eggnog in a box?! Here you can (... ;-)...) get it in bottles only.
    Too sweet for me. If we had Christmas Markets I´d go for mulled wine, and yes, that is sweet, also, no logic here!
    Beautiful pic of your friend with the quilt!
    Happy T-day and merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watching the eagles must be so awesome. We've had snow and rain or clouds every day so I didn't get to see the Great Conjunction. Fortunately, the Griffith Observatory in CA made a spectacular YouTube video of the event. I love mulling spice in tea. Red and I didn't make our annual trip to the General Store. Next year. The quilt is beautiful and your friend looks so pleased with it. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, yes we really are enjoying the eagles-we look out our window every day now to see if they are here.
      Today we are full sun and will reach close to 60 degrees f lots of fishing boats zooming by already early today.
      I am going to look for the Griffith observatory I was watching one last night but it didn't show me the two on top of each other-which I thought was supposed to happen.
      My friend was totally surprised-that was what I was going for-she is Always helping others in any way she can so wanted to gift her.

      Delete
  14. You are making me feel guilty, I still haven't set up my new sewing machine I bought a few months ago.
    Lots of baking and cooking going on here.
    Will be some nice to get together with my BFF after all this is over. We are in a lockdown at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry for your lockdown-hoping you were still able to have a Merry Christmas

      Delete
  15. Wow, you got some lovely photos of your eagle pair! So nice to see them at the lake 😁. Loving your quilt too, I bet your friend loved it too! Those candies look yummy and I would love to try the eggnog, I don't think I've had it before. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, eggnog is a nice treat during the holidays-it seems to only be available during this time although one could make it from scratch many add rum to it.
      we really enjoy the eagle pair that comes to visit. My friend was very surprised and happy with her quilt

      Delete
  16. Hooray for visiting friends!! your eagle sighting is so cool, I hope they stay for a long time. My mom's favorite was peanut brittle :) Both your tea and your egg nog sound like yummy choices for the season. Enjoy & Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this was a treat at we have moved an hour away from friends, and we never have had any family. my husbands sister bought a lake house they live near chicago so we will be seeing her more during the warmer months.
      we love seeing this eagle pair that live nearby somewhere close

      Delete
  17. You're lucky to have that Bald Eagle visiting frequently. Your quilt is beautiful. Merry Christmas and Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. To be able to look out on Bald Eagles from your home seems about as special as it gets to me. They have become more common here in recent years and breed successfully, but I have yet to see one fly by house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very special indeed and we don't take it for granted. we look for them every morning. my husband's work room faces the lake and he sees them fly right by his window at times

      Delete
  19. I realised that I didn't get here last week , so glad I scrolled back this far as hubby enjoyed seeing lots of eagle shots! The quilt looks amazing! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit