Sunday, December 27, 2020

I am Looking for a Quilt Pattern Update-Found

   Update: thanks to your responses I found a copy. I was holding off on the one I found for $27.00 last night as the seller had 3 copies but this morning when a friend referred me to the site-she had just 2 copies left so I decided to get it. then a friend found  me a copy for $19.00 right after I bought the first one. That's ok shipping is free on the one I ordered and I finally have this pattern Thinking of making the appliques with wool

     (I don't feel so bad about missing the one for $19.00 as it added $6.00 in shipping)


Hi everyone, I thought I would put this out there in case anyone seeing this post, might have this paperback book with patterns for the quilt and no longer want it or would sell it??

Across the Wide Missouri by Edie Mcginnis and Jan Patek

This came out in 2010 and I always regretted not buying it back then Now it is difficult to find.
Twelve stories and blocks honor the courageous women who packed up their lives to head West. The featured quilt by Edie McGinnis and Jan Patek The Star's 2010 Block of the Month project is offered in two different colorways. Additional quick and easy projects also honor the pioneer spirit.


Thank you

14 comments:

  1. I can't help you with this, and I asked my wife who has many quilt books, but I hope that someone will be able to get a copy in your hands,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best place to give out a call for help! I'll mention it on my next post if you like and invite others to do the same perhaps that will work. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,
    I do not have the book, but have a look here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Across-Wide-Missouri-Reflecting-Frontier/dp/1935362534 (amazon)
    https://www.ebay.com/p/242606972 (ebay)
    Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you I found those too but those are very over prices. one is 65.00 and one is over 110.00 when it originally came out was only around 20.00

      Delete
  4. Sorry, no book here, but I will look next trip to thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. $27 at several sellers on ABE. https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?cm_sp=SearchFwi-_-SRP-_-Results&kn=Patek&sortby=17&tn=Across%20the%20Wide%20Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was written just for you. I hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy that you were able to find the book and now have your own copy. Happy endings are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, I'm late visiting. I am no good with quilts. I have no desire to make one, but I have a friend who makes lots, so I will ask her if she has the Missouri one. I wrote all the info down and will let you know after I call her.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit