Thursday, December 10, 2020

Happy Friday

   Friday is almost upon us already.

We are enjoying warmer temperatures for sure.

  I baked up a new to me cookie that sounded really good and it Is a really good cookie  It's a soft baked molasses white chocolate chip cookie. recipe here  I did change the recipe a little bit-used gluten free flour blend, for the brown sugar I used a keto brown sweetener and a little coconut sugar, and I did roll them in organic sugar.  I did have a bag of keto white chips but I had a half bag of  Ghiradelli white chips to use up so I used those instead.

      I would make these again.


      The north star has been very bright over the lake the last few days but have not been able to capture a good photo-this morning there was even a reflection on the lake from it-that was spectacular to see.

   The crane that comes to visit has been hanging out on the lawn in front of the lake on colder mornings, and also on the dock-fishing



and I remembered where I had stashed the Christmas paper luminaries and lights (battery tea lights)

     This first one I was hoping the little lights would show up in the bags but they did not




Happy Friday and weekend everyone

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make spice cookies but can't find molasses at the grocery story. :/ The luminary light bags fit perfectly on the window ledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deck is a cozy warmer place for the heron. Neat photos. I wouldn't be surprised if you had luminaries outdoors, seeing the heron sitting beside one. lol
    Cookies! They look delicious. Thank you for the recipe link.
    My father use to make molasses candy when I was a kid. I think in his generation, molasses were the chocolate of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Not sure how I missed this post, but wow. I love it. Beautiful looking spice cookies and now I'm famished.

    I have some luminaries, but they are ceramic. I broke one and was sad. so I no longer put them out. Yours go well on that ledge, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, we love molasses cookies and this one is a bit different and very good
      I have two pumpkin sack ceramic luminaries sorry you broke one-I keep those indoors too. I used to always put the luminaries outdoors when we lived up north-sand inside and then real candles. some years it was soooo cold to do that but looked so pretty in the snow. yes this ledge under both sides of the windows is perfect for these.

      Delete
  4. Those cookies look so delicious and I'm loving your Christmas decorations - beautiful 😁. I hope you've had a lovely week! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your cookies are as delicious as they are beautiful. You could well be a professional baker.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit