Monday, December 7, 2020

Happy T and This and That

   Hello everyone,

Hoping your December is going well so far. We are still having bits of fog in the mornings, and I caught a beautiful sunrise over the water this week.

   Tuesday's is where we share T with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-find link in my sidebar. We gather together to share and also to share a drink related photo.

   I am still sewing hexies, sewed a few blocks for my Yellowstone inspired quilt, but for a couple days now I needed to re tie my wool quilt. I tied this one with crochet thread which I have used in the past but these ties would not stay tied-I was constantly re tying them ugh  I have never had this happen before and I have tied Allot of quilts over the years. Wondering if it was because of the thick wool? 

   So I re tied it with wool yarn, and just finished it. I just sat on the floor and worked on this while watching something on RSBN network. I started out with this large hoop for awhile but decided it was just as easy to go row by row on the floor.


    After dipping chocolates, I still had a whole bag of white and little left of the dark. So I wanted to use this up making chocolate barks. Melting the white and then sprinkling crushed red peppermints on top.  This did not want to set up-perhaps in the freezer too long not sure so I put it all back in the pan added the rest of the dark chocolate and when melted added in almond slivers and the pineapple and poured it out on the marble slab thicker. This also had those peppermint candies that I had sprinkled on top. This one set up like soft fudge-so at least it was useable and tastes good-so more chocolates in the freezer haha  I will gift allot of these chocolates.



  A couple guys that help Larry when they can love these Christmas treats. I will be making the peanut brittle for them.

  I haven't been feeling good this week, the up and down weather always gets to me and I ate too many nuts-I know better too-but my body does Not like them. No fun getting my digestive system working again.  This morning I decided to make a cup of peppermint tea that was gifted to me from Mia  and then I just haven't eaten much today-a fresh pear, a couple scrambled eggs, maybe a little yogurt tonight



    Here are some lake views from the last couple of days






This sun was actually a very bright red but the photo did not pick that up




We also enjoyed a popcorn night

   I like to use a quality olive oil instead of butter and I just picked up this hand mined salt from Utah at the Amish store-which was really nice on the popcorn very fine. and this is our favorite popcorn-very very tender I get it online.


This popper is is over 30 years old now and still going strong 😀


Happy T everyone

35 comments:

  1. Stunning lake views! I found that a drop of Fray Check on each knot after tying it on a quilt helped a lot. Hope you feel better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chocolate bark sounds delicious and the perfect holiday treat. I know what you mean about having a digestive system that doesn't like certain things. Mine is the same way. But it is hard to say no when the things I love are staring me in the face.
    I have never tried that popcorn but I like the nutritional yeast by that brand. It is delicious on top of popcorn.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me too-something I love that is a big no no I do totally stay away from gluten as that would really make me ill but nuts I love. I used to use that yeast years ago when I went vegetarian for about 10 years

      Delete
  3. OK you are killin' me here. Yummy chocolate, peanut brittle to come and popcorn. giggle giggle. That popcorn maker is awesome. The older things last so much longer. The photos are gorgeous. Happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the older appliances to last soooo much longer. we have a vita mix that is ancient-going on 40 years and still works great and I love that the older ones were stainless steel.
      this chocolate did turn out really creamy

      Delete
  4. You chocolate bark looks and sounds yummy Kathy. So does the popcorn. I followed a truck home one day last week that was carrying popcorn, and I had to come home and make some myself. It sure tasted good. And your lake views are gorgeous Kathy. You must enjoy them. Have a fantastic T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, we do love popcorn I usually made a big batch for a couple of days of treats. we do really enjoy the lake views different every morning-

      Delete
  5. Oh wow- the lake views are so atmospheric- I love it!!
    And now you have made me craving a piece of chocolate thank you:)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I visit, I get hungry. You make some wonderful goodies. Your chocolate bark loos wonderful and even more chocolate for your freezer, I love popcorn, but I can't imagine using EVOO. It has such a distinct taste to it that I think would give the popcorn a weird taste.

    Sorry you have not been well, dear. Hope the tea Mia sent you helped your tummy. Thanks for sharing your quilt, your incredible photos of the lake, and your tea with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, this is organic olive oil sometimes I sprinkle on a little rosemary too. thanks much

      Delete
  7. Wonderful photos and your chocolate looks amazing. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't made popcorn in forever. Really need to get some and pop it the old fashioned way. I had a popper when I taught kindergarten. The kids always enjoyed it, but I gave it away when I stopped teaching. Kinda silly seeing as we could have used it. Oh well. A pot with a lid works just as well. We've got so much tea that we've bought when visiting Sri Lanka or that has been gifted to us. Sometimes I want to buy something new but then remind myself that I need to really use what we already have. Nice pictures over the lake. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great lake views. I think fog and red skies make for beautiful water scenes. Your wool quilt looks lovely. I like the fabrics you're using. The chocolate bark looks good, even if it gave you trouble while you were trying to make it. Sorry to hear your stomach wasn't happy with too many nuts. I love peppermint tea. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the views are just so pretty here over the lake-I enjoy it every day. we have fog again this morning. thanks my system will be messed up for awhile-sigh no more nuts for me

      Delete
  10. You live in such a beautiful place, this views over the lake are breathtaking 😀. Loving all those sweet treats too, so lovely to enjoy them over the holidays! Hope that you are feeling better soon and sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jo the views are so wonderful I enjoy them every day-we have thick fog again this morning

      Delete
  11. You're making me hungry with that chocolate and popcorn!
    You are right, older appliances last much longer. Newer ones have inbuilt obsolescence unfortunately. My mum still uses her toaster she has from her wedding in 1950!
    Lovely lake photos.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's amazing isn't it? and I loved those older toasters too. enjoy your visit with your Mum hugs

      Delete
  12. Your chocolate treats look delicious! I've been looking for peppermint bark when I go to the store... no luck so far. Your lake views are always delightful. It must be a calming presence in your life this time of year. I hope you're feeling better soon. The peppermint tea should help :) I have a wooden bowl similar to yours :) Popcorn sounds like just the thing for a Christmas movie later. Thanks for the idea! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should be able to find it in the christmas baking section-ghiraldi has bars of it. we love popcorn and a moive too-enjoy

      Delete
  13. Funny we had popcorn last week. We also pop our own. I HATE microwave popcorn as it stinks up the house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful lake photos. I love the misty ones. Glad you made your chocolate bark work out. You're so resourceful in the kitchen - well, just in general.

    I hope you're feeling better by now.


    Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I was glad this chocolate worked out thinking it was in the freezer too long. Happy T

      Delete
  15. Hope the tea has helped you feel better. I am imagining sitting on your porch, wrapped in that lovely quilt, drinking some delicious tea and looking at the wonderful view. Just imagining all that makes ME feel better, LOL! T

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I haven't made peppermint bark in ages nor have I made any fudge...mainly because I eat it all!! Sorry to hear your tummy isn't feeling well, Kathy. So feel better...peppermint tea is great!!...:)jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what ya mean so I try to "hide" the chocolates-the freezer is in the basement here at the lake house. yes peppermint tea is perfect-hugs

      Delete
  17. The background pick of the lake with the orange and blue is stunning. The chocolates look delicious. It's easy to get out of sorts at this time of year with the different and rich foods. Peppermint tea is a good choice. I'm not a big fan of peppermint so sometimes I drink lemon ginger tea. Feel better soon and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning, I do really like lemon ginger tea too and I have some of that. thank you and Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos Kathy! The misty lake is beautiful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your post email showed up today, 12 December.
    Lovely photos, the lake is calming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit