Wednesday, May 6, 2020

This and That a Storm Video and Garden Photos

 Hello everyone,
      Monday afternoon major storms came through Missouri-and other states as well. Lebanon Missouri the town close to our woods home was hit hard-they say it was not a tornado but the damages looked like one. Huge trees uprooted, the entire church steeple lay in the middle of the road of one church, Tracker boat factory is there-boats whipped around some ended up on the highway, roofs torn off and more. This happened around 11:30 am  and around 1:30 pm here at the lake this same storm went down the lake-I took a video-you need to look past the raindrops on the glass. This was totally unreal-huge branches went flying past our windows, we watched the roofing on our dock going crazy-thought for sure one sheet was going to get yanked off-but it stayed on thank goodness.  After this happened and later in the afternoon I found out reading friend's post on facebook of the damages in Lebanon



  We have cooler weather all week and more rain coming in. I saw where those of you on the east coast may get snow---oh noooo

I have discovered that we have a few bushes of a later variety of lilacs-these have a very strong perfume aroma and very pretty. The iris began to bloom yesterday. and I finally got my potted lavender and oregano plants that I had dug up from the woods home out of the pots and into the ground. The lavender had died off in the middle-not happy in the pot. Right after I got them planted the above storm hit.

as you can see -the veggie seeds are not doing well in my copper pot-there is an animal at night that walks through all my planted pots like this



I will be digging out the rest of those hostas, and other plants on this ledge to make room for herbs, I want to bring my dye plant madder soon (from the woods house)  In front of this wall area I want to dig this up and make room for a couple tomato plants.


the oregano plant
     when ever I took walks in our woods I picked up these old animal skulls-some we were sending to a native american friend to make things with and some I kept


over a month ago I dug out a few seeds they were old-but I have two different tomato varieties coming up now




In the front of the house here once we get all the old rock and cement pieces moved-we are thinking of getting rid of the grass and planting a ground cover of some sort-I would like to do herbs-perhaps a thyme-any suggestions?? thanks

30 comments:

  1. we are really loving the ever changing lake views here-I love thyme too-need to read up on which ones would be good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laurie-we have myrtle and it's so pretty. I also have thyme and I love that too. I'm so glad you and your property are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-us too--I am liking the creeping thyme-lot to do first-

      Delete
  3. Love The Dragonfly There - Mint Does Well - Rosemary Is Beautiful - Sage Is Always Nice - Catnip Would Work - Carrots Are Wonderful As They Help Break Up The Soil And Compost Well - Endless Possibilities - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that was a gift from a friend years ago-you can hook up a hose to it for a sprinkler. I love mints and I have a bunch at the woods house to bring here soon

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a storm! It sounds like you're well on your way to the landscape plan you want. I love the creeping thyme others have mentioned. Hardy, pretty, and it smells so good. It grows very close to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the thyme too-I saw a creeping thyme that has lots of pretty little pink flowers.

      Delete
  5. Goodness, what a storm.
    Our weather here in the UK has been dry and sunny :)

    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you are in the up and down weather months right now-thanks for visiting

      Delete
  6. Wow, that was quite a storm. I watched your video. Wow. And we're on the snow forecast-eeks! And you have so much green. And lilacs. It's looking so nice. I am glad to hear you got through this storm without any of that damage. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-this was a very wild storm to watch for sure-hugs

      Delete
  7. I enjoy seeing storms in skys but also, I enjoy staying safe. Love the seedlings. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too for staying safe-this storm came up really fast glad we were indoors

      Delete
  8. Glad you survived the storm Kathy, it looked wicked! Your garden is looking lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storms are particularly strong on wide open areas like lakes. Yours was a doozy, so glad no destruction! No snow predicted here today, maybe tomorrow? Beautiful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uff I´m afraid of those big storms Kathy !! yes yes.. It´s terrible to see that video, hope you are well. Here we can´t see them frequently
    You have got a lot of beautiful plants in your garden, very lovely.
    I wish you a quiet and happy afternoon, stay safe and
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was dramatic, Kathy. Is that the view from your home window? It must be beautiful when it is not blowing a gale.
    That was nice to see some of your garden and the seedlings.
    I wonder what is the animal who walks in the night? - that sounds dramatic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, yes I took this from the windows in the living room looking over the lake-I am still wondering who our night visitor is too

      Delete
  12. That storm was a bit stronger than mine, although I had high winds and lots of small limbs and branches falling, too. However, the lightening knocked out my electricity for hours and hours and that's why I'm late visiting.

    What I wouldn't give to live closer to you. I'd take those hostas off your hands. They would be perfect to plant next to my neighbor's new and ugly fence. You have a lot of new seeds coming up, too. Good for you. I love those skeletons, too. Hope you had a better day than I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry about your loss of electric-no fun at all-hugs
      Yes I would gladly give you the hostas that are left-I gave allot away last summer take care

      Delete
  13. Wow, that was quite some storm and I'll send a prayer for all those affected! So nice to wander around your garden with you, the flowers and seedling look so beautiful 😁. Take care and wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that sure was some storm!
    The craziest May I remember, it´s so dang cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool storm video! We were filming at my daughter's lake house earlier this year and a tree went down - it was the coolest video. Storms can be beautiful, but very dangerous. Your view is gorgeous - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would have been wild to catch on a video. yes we are blessed to have these lovely views-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit