Friday, May 1, 2020

Movie for Saturday

  I thought I would join in and share an old movie this week.

   I was looking for something to watch tonight-Friday-and there is just nothing on the tv I care to watch most nights. So I have been reading books instead.
   I really miss sports-I am the sports watcher in the house haha I was so enjoying the pro hockey games, I watch a little baseball-if the Royals are winning, and I was looking forward to the Olympics but that has been moved to next year I think they said.

  I came upon some really old westerns-Bonanza, The Virginian etc and then for a movie I found John Wayne movies and also Women Westward-a three hour movie but loaded with commercials-looked interesting but will look for it another day-I should have recorded it though so I could zap out all the commercials-sooooo many of those these days on those off channels.

   I thought I would share this one with you Women Westward from 1951, because it looked interesting-when watching old movies like this, one needs to have an open mind of the time period-and these old ones were rather "dorky" too lol part of their charm

Here is a trailer


  Here is a link about the movie

About the movie:
                                There's a deficit of good, honest women in the West, and Roy Whitman (John McIntire) wants to change that. His solution is to bring a caravan of over 100 mail-order brides from Chicago to California. It will be a long, difficult and dangerous journey for the women. So Whitman hires hardened, cynical Buck Wyatt (Robert Taylor) to be their guide across the inhospitable frontier. But as disaster strikes on the trail, Buck just might discover that these women are stronger than he thinks.

This is a part that I saw-women with spunk lol



Happy Saturday

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect movie for Saturday afternoon. Mindless fun and no heavy thinking involved. I even laughed during the trailer, especially when the guy said "Stay away from my men."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was funny too-I loved the shooting skills of the two women

      Delete
  2. A Western for a Saturday, perfect! I love Robert Taylor but have only seen him in Medieval period pieces. Take care and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one, though it's been decades ago... I agree we need to consider the times when we watch films. Hope your weather is as pretty there today as it is here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous today!! and everyone is on the lake today too

      Delete
  4. My one grandma used to LOVE John Wayne movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked familiar! We have been watching re-runs of the ATeam - quite dated already! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit