Sunday, March 24, 2024

Good Morning Sunday

 Good morning Friends, and I can't believe how fast March has gone by and next Sunday Easter already.

   I found the right eye drops so my eyes are doing much better but they still do not feel back to normal. My new glasses should be ready in another week or so. All takes time I know

  Over the weekend since it was so cold and very very strong winds I made us a pot of chili-will freeze most of it for later-I  always end up with a huge pot. This one turned out really delicious.

  I found nice fresh strawberries last week when I went food shopping, so decided to bake up gluten free cupcakes to put the strawberries over. The rest I will make up a keto frosting for the rest of the cupcakes (to cut down the amount of sugars)  This photo turned out a little dark. I made up a gluten free yellow cake and added strawberry extract to it.

  I hadn't been happy with my homemade ice  cream the last few times I made it, so I went back to purchasing ice cream. Just have to be careful with the sugar in it and serve smaller portions. I have not found a really good store bought no sugar ice cream as of yet.  

  I have also been finding these yummy large blackberries in the stores too.  At the woods house I would pick the wild ones-so good


     I started writing to seniors in rehabs and nursing homes and of course I am using my sealing wax. I use a special modern sealing wax that can handle the machines in the postal systems. I have also sent many international cards this way as well-with no issues at all. Last month I sent 10 of these to the seniors.

   I spent many hours putting 12 cards and letters together and yesterday this is what was in my mailbox. What this mail person means by my letters being a box I have no idea. Sooo upsetting and they also want another 44 cents on each card-I will be at the post office Monday morning right when they open. This has really upset me-and I have been mailing cards this way for over 4 years now.

  and the postal person put two of these rubber bands on my stack of cards which has squished them all together-Not happy at all. 

  and also-interesting-yesterday I mailed off a letter to my new slow mail friend with a wax seal which they took and then found this as a replacement-strange mail day


   I won't complain about our very cold and windy days since I am reading that many of you on the east coast are getting lots of snow. We had a call from a friend that lived next to us in northern Illinois before retirement. He and his wife moved to Arizona but were back to that area since his wife needed to do in person additional training for her job in home in Arizona. He called to chat with Larry and said he had to get used to snow again as that area was getting hammered with lots of snow and wind.  That must have been a surprise for them for sure as they have been living in Arizona for many years now. It was a nice check up with an old friend for Larry 

  Each day this week I have been carrying down half bucks of soil from that pile up on top of the steps. Since I have not done much in physical activities like this since last fall-I am taking it slow and only doing 4 or 5 half buckets. I am using a tall 5 gallon bucket. Yesterday I could see I am now half way through the pile-progress haha.

 Well this post is my ramblings for today smiles-Happy new week.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks I am no matter what I am carrying or doing-I always hang on to the railing as these steps were not made right and each one different size

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Kathy!! I have not seen No Sugar icecream but i have had the No Sugar Added Icecream and its pretty good .. don't remember the brand though.. I spent all my Summer vacations in Florida with my Grandparents walking up and down the dirt roads picking blackberries... nothing store bought compares! I bought some of that flexible wax from the website you recommended to me. i have yet to use it though.. Looking forward to it.. Please let me know what happened with the Post Office... they upset me on a regular basis.. lol Prices always going up.. rules always changing.. and sometimes it just depends on the person you get.. Yes those buckets are progress but please do be careful! I have found over the years i can do most anything just need to do it in small chunks.. but that will still get it done! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am very upset about my wax seals still, I am hoping the lady I usually see in the mornings will be there working-I have handed her letters with the seals just to check postage I am wondering too they may be over weight as I noticed the current cards are very heavy. we'll see tomorrow morning.
      I don't buy anything from current any more-their shipping is outrageous along with their added shipping fee I found gorgeous address labels made by someone on etsy for a much better total price.
      I have learned over the years like you said-takes longer but I can get the job done in smaller chunks.
      Larry does practice, but he gets so tired fast and his legs just go out on him with no warning. he is fighter though and refuses to live in a wheel chair he has not used it all this month.
      take care-hugs

      Delete
  3. Sorry that you have had trouble with the post office, your post seems to be as nice as ours! Big hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Valerie, hopefully I will get it straightened tomorrow

      Delete
  4. I think the post office results always depends on who is working. I once had a lady tell me I had my priority envelope taped too much, and she made me unpack it and put it in a new envelope. Crazy! Of course it fit and at least I was happy to prove her wrong. I hope you have a super new week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erika My husband said too depends on the mail person. what you had to go through is crazy too-hugs

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the post office. We got mail in our box right address but the person does not live here we wrote it on the envelope no such person lives here they took it back and delivered the next day with the writing on the envelope.
    WE got 21 inches of snow on Sat what a mess but we are cleaned up now.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People don't care anymore in this country. oh my 21 inches of snow a week before Easter too I feel for you hugs

      Delete
  6. It's lovely with your letter writing. That's very odd about the seal -- I don't get it. Your muffins look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the post office early this morning-seal was fine as I use a modern flexible wax, it was the size of the envelope-which the note didn't mention. from current it is 1/4" too small on all sides. ugh she said she would put it through again and thinks it should go ok we'll see

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit