Saturday, June 11, 2022

Bee Balm-How to use it

My two lavender flower bee balm plants are really producing allot of flowers. I know if I cut the flower heads I will continue to get fresh flowers.

Sooooo, this morning I snipped a good handful--took off the petals to dry, and also a few leaves too-I  need to pick more leaves to dry. My third plant is very small still but surprise it has flowered-a lovely deep burgundy color-very pretty.

Bee balm makes a nice tea, minty, also has health benefits too. I have not worked with bee balm before so did some research online.

This post is really nice and gives different ideas of how to use it in your kitchen-use as an oregano substitute, spice blends, tea, in water, and in baked goods.

From one of my favorite herbalist-a recipe for an intensive hand butter here

sorry google is not letting me bring over any photos for these links



Do you infuse water with herb, fruits or veggies?  I am going to try that this summer  This link is for infused water with watermelon, mint, bee balm

So if you are growing bee balm here a few ways to use it, and it comes in different flower colors too and the butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds love it too





















10 comments:

  1. I love bee balm, we have lots of it growing around the property, I dry it and use it as tea and I add it to sachets, it looks pretty dried in bouquets too! I’ve never tried infusing water with it, it’s a great idea and thanks for the link to other uses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. your welcome-bee balm is new to me so wanted to learn more-hugs

      Delete
  3. I have lots of bee balm growing in my garden, but I've never used it. But I do like to infuse water. It gives it such a nice light taste. I think you'd like it too Kathy. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see the photo here...would love to try infuse them with water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. google wouldn't let me bring over any photos I think it would be good in water too

      Delete
  5. My momhad a huge stand of deep red bee balm that we transplanted from the creek across the road when I was a kid. I'm so glad we did because I think it got crowded out and died where it originally grew. The hummers go crazy over it. I've always loved the tea. It's such a pretty plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that you loved the tea, I am anxious to try some-I have been drying some flowers and the leaves. I don't remember having this plant but Larry says we had a huge one on our Illinois property-back then I didn't know about bee balm I have read they can grow huge-this fall I will be moving these larger lavender ones to another spot on top of the hill of our driveway-they will have room to spread up there too

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit