Saturday, February 1, 2020

Hearts Journal Page for Art Journal Journey

  This month's theme Hearts over at Art Journal Journey is hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth.
   After I got some things finished up in the kitchen I decided to make a page in my journal before our 2pm dinner
    I dug out my heart stencils, and went through my huge bag of papers and mostly tissue papers (I used them for packing when I was selling on Etsy, and also used them to add color to my handmade papers using newsprint etc-so I have allot)

  I found a pretty red foil that was also silver on the back so used both sides. I found red tissue paper that had glitter in it. Grabbed one of my favorite heart stamps, and the brand new one to me that I just picked up for 50 cents of bears having a tea party.

  I originally stamped the tea party stamp onto the red foil-it printed well but did not show up, so I stamped on tissue paper and then matched it up to the stamp on the red foil




After I took the photos I realized I forgot to add the date-I decided to date the pages in this journal



Thanks for stopping by

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sweet page.
    Happy February to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very nice sparkle on this journal page Kathy. I love the new stamp too. Everything works together so well and really screams Elizabeth's great new theme. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Happy February too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and sparkly page. Perfect for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kathy. You are truly jumping into this challenge and I'm thrilled. I love the way you layered the elements and of course, seeing your new bears stamp. Thanks for sharing the first of many (I hope) journal pages with us this month at Art Journal Journey using my theme. About 30 minutes to go until the Cat Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun page Kathy, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many thoughts about this one, Kathy! I always love anything that sparkles, and the layout is perfect!
    The theme of hearts was perfect for you in a year when a very real heart in your life went through a lot of trauma. To celebrate the outcome with all this happy page is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hearts are lovely, so good on the red tissue paper. I've got quite a stash of tissue paper so that was an inspiring tip.
    Of course my teddies loved the tea party stamp and I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Teddy bears! This is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page, Kathy! I love how you were inspired by the them "hearts" for AJJ. Kisses, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm putting on a sparkly hat to go to that heart-filled teddy tea party :) Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Kathy!!!! Isn't the weather 'here in MIssouri today!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful page! I love the sparkle from the papers that you used, the hearts and teddies are adorable too - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy! Love your gorgeous page, especially the sparkle heart!!!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I am following you too.
    Mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous vibrant colours and a great journal page Kathy. The papers you used are lovely and I am really drawn to the bear stamp you used its so cute. Thank you for adding this to the Art Journal Journey theme, we are so pleased you are joining us there
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the glimmer and the tissue paper stamping. How fun that you used things from your Etsy adventure too. Super page and thanks for sharing your thoughts and details.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit