Thursday, April 19, 2018

One of Those Weeks & Just Stuff

Good morning everyone,
   The last cold spell over this past weekend that gave us 3 mornings of hard freezes-low 20's F just got to me this time. It seems impossible to get the spring seeds and plants in the ground this month. I am glad I did not plant the onion sets or they would have been ruined during the hard freezes. We are usually getting blooms on the pea plants and eating lots of fresh salad-nothing even sprouting and with all of these freezes or frost I have not planted the peas.
   On the positive note we seem to be getting one maybe two days of warm 70s that reminds us that this is April and this is suppose to be Spring.
   I have not had the worst of it though as many are still getting snow as I type.  Usually the weather is no big deal to me but this last freeze just got to me, and we are still waking up to just barely at the freeze mark.  I am not sure if any of my seeds will sprout in my mini bottle greenhouses, but I do have one full of cabbage sprouts.
  OK enough complaining. The weather is nothing we can change to our liking.

   Sunday I received a phone call from Wonders of Wildlife-the aquarium we visited. He said as he was reading what I had wrote he just needed to call me, and I thanked him for that.  He told me he was so sorry and that he would be re training the staff-as they do have a plan in place. She should have sat us down and then gotten my husband a scooter or a wheel chair. I also had written that the first staff person never should have told us to use the exit doors as those were not for this situation-they led you outdoors for a fire emergency-no steps etc to walk down.  He was a good listener and thanked me several times for letting them know what happened. I also mentioned that we paid for both sides of the museum (which is expensive) but was not able to go back and tour the rest of it so could we be credited back for that. He offered a way for us to get free tickets to see the rest.  I also asked him if it was true that there was no elevator from top to bottom and he said yes-but depending on where in the aquarium a person is located and needing help-they had plans in place for getting you back to the main floor.  I definately felt better that I got a call back, and he sounded very sincere about re educating the staff.

   The second moller that I had pulled has been much slower in getting healed. It finally is feeling better today and I no longer have that gaging feeling from the empty space of those two teeth-thought that was weird too. In a couple weeks I will get a crown on the fractured bottom tooth. and hopefully no more dental woes this year. I did splurge-at least for me the expense was a splurge-and bought a quality water pik. My gums have not been good for a couple years now and after doing allot of reading online this sounds like a good thing. It is probably something I should have looked into much sooner.

   Somehow this month I got some dates mixed up, I think it was because I was not feeling good. Next week we have two couples from Wisconsin coming down for a long weekend visit. Hoping the weather will finally be nice by then. They love to golf and weather permitting we all love to grill outdoors-so looking forward to their visit.

  My fabric journal project has been on my mind but just have not had the chance to work on it. This afternoon and evening I am hoping to get my March pages finished.

  I wanted to mention that last weekend when winter was back I turned it into a movie event with the Twilight saga. I really enjoyed all the movies much better the second time around-I think Edward "grew" on me a bit more-he was just so different than what I imagined when I was reading the books. Then first part of this week I went through all the discs and watched all the extras and special features. There were even music videos. I really really enjoyed how they made the wolves and all of the other special features. After seeing all of those I am ready to soon watch the movies again from a different perspective. One thing that was cool too-several clips with the author. So I got more insight from that and also she wanted to be in the audience for Bella's wedding so I will look for her next time I watch the movies.  I am glad that I waited for this latest Twilight saga set. It is presented really nice too in book form. If you are a diehard Twilight fan I think you would love this set.

   I needed to refreshen both of my sourdough starters yesterday. I split the rye to share with a friend so will be dropping that off this morning. I also have a loaf of bread rising in my dutch oven as I type and will be baking it soon in a hot oven.  I will be sharing the results at Cast Iron Fridays 

Happy Thursday everyone
   


7 comments:

  1. Nice to get a visit with you Kathy.. I have enjoyed the rather cool return to colder weather.. you know m... lol i dread the summer.. Surprisingly the elderberries i planted and the Naked ladies seem no worse off than before the freezing nights although i'll bet we didn't get as cold as you but still below freezing.. 60F degree temps are excellent for me...lol Where on earth can i find that year round...lol

    Glad your teeth seem to be sorted and you are feeling better. Not much worse than your teeth hurting is there? :(

    I do love Twilight books and movies... although maybe not the Twihard that you are lol .. I would rather not see how the special effects are done as it takes some magick away from the film to me.. Team Edward here although i like Jacob too.. lol Enjoy your visitors! Rain expected over the weekend... i hope its just rain which we need and not storms.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    This weather has been something, hasn't it? At least we aren't covered in snow, like some folks, but still!!! We just bought a couple of water piks two weeks ago, and they do seem to make a different. I put a drop of tea tree oil when using it on my gums, to help kill infections.
    Here's to hoping that the weekend is a bit warmer, and our gardens can finally start growing! I was wishing I had a greenhouse, but with the crazy winds lately, it probably would have blown away!
    Love,
    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your weather is cold, it was really hot here today, unusually so for the time of year. Have a nice afternoon. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tulips are brown from the constant hard freezes we had last week, too. One day, I think it was last Wednesday, we set a record high, then a record low that night. No wonder everyone is sick.

    Sorry to read about your molar. But at least you will get it repaired soon.

    Have fun with your friends, and I look forward to joining you in May for Cast Iron Friday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, weather. Can't live with it. Can't live with it =^,.^= We had a couple of sunny, but chilly days. And today we had a snow squall. I could have cried. You found a good way to cope with the dreay weather. I liked the Twilight movies. I'm impressed the museum director called you. Hopefully, your experience won't have to you or anyone else again. Mmmm, i can almost smell your bread baking. Looking forward to Friday's Cast Iron bake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled when I saw "one of those weeks", things going to plan never seem to happen, do they ...lol πŸ˜‰. Glad you got a response from the aquarium so promptly, it was a nice touch for him to speak with you in person too. I think Mother Nature is a bit confused, we're having a heat wave (I actually wore shorts today) and it's April πŸ˜€. I hope you are feeling much better after your dentistry. Your sourdough bread sounds delicious - yum! Take care and enjoy the rest of your week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy weather everywhere! Hope you feel much better after the dentistry dear Kathy!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit