Thursday, April 26, 2018

Cast Iron Fridays

  Hello Everyone and Welcome,

In this sharing event we post about cast iron. Cooking, baking, grilling, indoors or outdoors. This cookware also includes enameled over cast iron. You are most welcome to link up your Cast Iron Fridays at end of this post.  Tips with using cast iron and recipes are most welcome in our sharing event.

This is a busy week for me, the weather has been very up and down with lots of rain, and I have getting ready for two Wisconsin couples coming down for a long weekend early early tomorrow morning (in the middle of the night ha ha)  I have not had the chance to prepare any fun things this week. 

However, I have found some very yummy looking recipes in my Southern Cast Iron Newsletter this week that I want to share with you.

I think desserts/breakfast foods bake up so nice in cast iron, and they also make a fun presentation as well.


This strawberry skillet cake recipe is on my list soon when the 
fresh berries arrive



Honey Nut Sweet Rolls




Raspberry Jam Coffee Cake with pistachio Streusel 









In the newsletter they also linked me up to some very delicious looking breakfast meals-I am getting hungry looking at all the photos. find here There are potato recipes and cornmeal pancakes too worth a look for something a bit different for breakfast.

Now it is your turn to share your post


9 comments:

  1. I'm off to have lunch with my foodie friend Sally in a few minutes, but I want to eat right NOW!!! Your photos of all that food looks wonderful. I can't wait to join in next month. I'm so enjoying these cast iron parties.

    Have fun with your weekend friends, and thanks for the tip on Ivory soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes all look very delicious. Have a fun a Friday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking bakes and recipes Kathy.
    Hope you have a good time with your visitors.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosah, this is making me hungry. I like the look of that strawberry cake. Have you made that one yet?
    Have a lovely weekend with your guests. I hope the weather behaves and you can do some outdoor stuff.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm! Seeing all those yummy things is making me hungry! I like the look of that strawberry cake and would love to make it before the strawberry season finishes. One of the ingredients is gelatine. Now here in Europe gelatin comes in powder form or in sheets (unflavoured).
    Do I first make the gelatin and measure it in its liquid form before it sets? What do you think?
    Have a great weekend with your visitors. Don't get too stressed.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I hadn't commented because I didn't see it appear after a few hours. (That's why I did two...sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what fabulous recipes, you had me at the strawberry cake skillet recipe ...lol 😉. Wishing to a happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit