Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Few Photos To Share & Update on Journal

Hello everyone,
   I thought I would share a couple photos.
We finally have sunshine today and we will be warm tomorrow-happy dancing and smiling-high '60's f before the rain comes in.

  A little green grass and my daffodils are blooming-a few visitors






Yesterday my friend called me up (the one that lives in the log home and makes awesome fried catfish) and asked if I wanted to ride along to Osage Beach with her as she had some errands to run. Sure as I really don't get out of the woods all that much. I am not that adventurous of a driver-never have been lol
   So first stop was to browse in Joann Fabrics. Oh my I found all kinds of cool beads and things for my fabric book. I didn't take a photo-I was actually a bit embarrassed to bring home more craft fun but I found all sorts of things perfect for my project.
   I also found a couple neat things from Ball canning jars. A box of 4 very mini jars which I thought would be nice for my dried herbs from the garden. They also had these flower holders to place on top of a canning jar. Both on sale so I grabbed them.







Then she took me to a store that I had not heard of before Ross's This was an interesting store. and the prices were really low actually I could not believe how low. They had a bit of everything but not allot of any one item, so was just different. Set up like a department store. I was good and just bought a wind chime. I didn't get a real good photo-but you can see the hummingbird on top and this one has such a beautiful sound so had to have it-It has a long piece on the bottom too This was just $5.00 so a good find.



I have been working on my March page-making a couple pieces to go on the pages

I wanted to make a clock for the time change. I cut around a flower motif on linen to make the clock and then embroidered the clock face. The piece on the bottom is also from the same linen blouse-reclaimed clothing. If you enlarge the photo you can see the flowers real well in the clock.



March has two moons this year. 
    The full worm moon on March 1st  and the March 31st is the sap full moon.  worms come out in the spring, and the maple syrup sap gets collected.


The fabric is from a linen dress-reclaimed from the resale shop, and I embroidered on a worm

I am pleased so far with March

Hope the snow has stopped falling for those of you living in the north east.

7 comments:

  1. We're still having snow showers blowing through, so I am so jealous of your high sixties and bare ground and daffodils. I won't see mine until May. Sounds like you had a fun day shopping, and I do like seeing your journal. I think worm moon is more true in your world than mine though. I sure hope no worms came out because right now they would be frozen. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful that your weather is so nice and you enjoyed the shopping day out!Love your little fabric book details and the lovely photos! Happy day!Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daffodils haven't bloomed in three years, so it's time to replant them. I'm in awe of yours.


    What a great find for the ball jar. I gave all mine away recently. I think my canning days are over. Love your moons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see you daffodils and all the guest enjoying the seeds and corn you serve. Daffodils won't be poking their heads up until the snow melts. At the rate we're going, sometime in July. Love the March pages. I didn't know that we will be having a blue moon this month. Enjoy the warm temps and sunshine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those handsome squirrels Kathy! And your Daffodils are gorgeous. I have some around my mailbox but i think in the Fall i will plant more. I just love their cheery yellow... AND the deer/squirrels don't eat them BONUS! lol Your journal is coming along nicely. I'm glad you were able to find some embellishments..Can't wait to see what you do with them.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and it sounds like you had a great day out. There are no signs of my daffodils flowering yet, so it was good to see your blooms.
    Your journal clock page is looking fantastic.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing your daffodils as it usually means mine will bloom in a few days. They getting close 💗 I appdeciate the rain but the chill gas gone to my bones and they don't want to move. Your journal is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit