Friday, May 19, 2023

Something I Just Learned About--Making Watercolor Paints from Eye Shadow

   Hi Everyone, have any of you heard of this or made your own watercolor paints from eye shadow??

   I found an artist over on Instagram that makes her own botanical inks and watercolor paints-she has made Lots. I find this all so fun to learn more of what works and what colors you get. She doesn't always share her recipes, but searching online one can figure it out.

  The other day when she was visiting her local thrift store she found lots of eye shadows-and decided why not try to make watercolor paint. She also finds old eye shadow tins that she cleans up and uses for her paints. This is her Instagram page      and her web pages

    If you are interested in making your own natural inks and watercolor paints she has done allot, I find her very inspiring to keep trying new things.

  I was curious about the eye shadows used for making watercolor paints and found the following video from someone else.  I have never used  make up at all-my parents were against it when I was growing up so I just never bothered, but found it interesting the first artist found it at thrift shops or the dollar store-so that would make in inexpensive.

  


   Today I finished up planting the rest of my plants that I grew from seeds. Pushed to get it done since we are suppose to have rain today. A little bit, but so far we are getting missed-hoping we end up getting more. I also did allot of weeding in an area behind where the goldenseal and bloodroot is planted. That  is a neat little area-It has a very old red bud tree that is half dead but provides the shade I need there-and it has sections of the huge slate rock that this area of the lake has allot of.  I am going to wait til early fall to plant the sweet woodruff seeds in that area. I am also going to online shop for a St Francis statue for that area.

   I also wanted to pop in to wish you all an awesome weekend

   

20 comments:

  1. Happy weekend. You have been busy we are in for some rain tomorrow night not much but some. We need it to wash some of the pollen away it is very bad right now.
    My sweet woodruff is in full bloom right now so pretty but I have to always try to keep it in check it loves to spread.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rain missed us-again-sigh pollen has been really bad here too-my allergies are not happy haha

      Delete
  2. I didn't know that you could use eye colours that way...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting idea for watercolor paints. I always thought eyeshadow was a bit oily. Like you, I've never been a big make up user because like you also, my parents were against make up. By the time I was out of the house I always felt embarrassed to try to figure it out when everyone else seemed to be experts at it. I hope you have a super weekend Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here with the make up-hope you had an awesome weekend hugs

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathy, you have been so busy again and got a lot done this week. I don't often paint with watercolours, and also have plenty of them if I need them, so I won't try with eyeshadow! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Brother´s name is HelgE, a Nordic name. He was misunderstood as HelgA, a girl´s name and got make up.
    I used it years later and my car did not start.
    Never again, LOL. I felt like a clown anyways!
    Interesting idea for water-colors, though (way too late).
    To a great weekend - and a silent one. Here still too cold - hugs to you and the lake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be no fun for your brother. we are quite cold at night again low 40's F then has been warming into the mid 70's F with sun so not bad

      Delete
  6. Eye shadow watercolors is new to me. Sounds like a fun recycle tip. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! That's pretty interesting about making the watercolors from eye shadow. I remember those multi-colored palettes (definitely showing my age there!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to recycle and reuse, I've seen other use eye shadows before for painting - such fun 😊. Take care and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I will need to try making paint from eye shadow one day for sure-a fun day making paints Happy week and weekend hugs

      Delete
  9. I have not heard about making paints from eye shadows. As I don't wear make up either, I don't have any at home. I do love making inks and paints from flowers. I spent a lot of time last week on making paint from seasonal flowers that I collected while trimming the plants. I hope you got some rain. Happy Gardening!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried flowers yet-they are so pretty on the plants not sure I want to. I like the botanicals but I may try out the eye shadows if I find some cheap ones we finally got a little rain yesterday-just enough I didn't need to bring out the hose

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit