Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving Meal

  Happy Friday everyone,

      Will you be shopping til you drop this weekend or shopping til your fingers drop on the keyboard?

    Living so rural I shop more and more online-easy to compare prices with different stores and sites too. and I Love getting mail.😀

   This was the first Thanksgiving meal in several years that we didn't visit our friends in the huge log home.  Even without the covid lurking around we would have stayed home this year.

    I grilled a turkey tenderloin in my cast iron grill pan and it turned out soooo well. Very moist and delicious. I used olive oil all over it and sprinkled on Mrs. Dash garlic and herbs for the seasoning.

We had a cold but pretty sunny day at the lake


I usually serve healthy-so this meal was no different-steamed brussel sprouts, tossed salad, homemade cranberry chutney with blueberries this year, wild rice (that was gathered by native Americans in very northern Wisconsin-my friends pick it up for me), grilled turkey tenderloin


My husband loves olives-from the deli I have been picking up a very small container of mixed olives with feta cheese. I decided I can do that-and much less expensive. I left out the cheese but I added canned (in glass jars) mushrooms, hot-sweet peppers, couple different olives-layered and sprinkled in dried Italian spices and then filled the jar with olive oil


I baked a sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie with nut crusts-this one is the pumpkin


I added my Grandma's turkeys-these are really old


and brought out the good china and served this dry red wine (from Aldi) this is a really good tasting wine


And speaking of Outlander I have been seeing some really pretty dragon fly Outlander inspired jewelry in my groups so I took a look in Etsy. 
    I found this bracelet, fell in love with it and bought it. The artist is in Spain-she must be sending it very slow mail as she said it would take awhile to get to the States.



Larry's sister, her husband and daughter will be over mid day today for pie and perhaps we will tour a large cave in Missouri-Jacobs Cave.

Happy weekend everyone

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a delicious meal. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you made Kathy looks delicious and sounds most enjoyable to accompany your sunny day at the lake...:)jp (P.S. I too love that bracelet)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving food looks wonderful. You are an adventurous cook! I love the bracelet too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live semi-rural, stores are not far, but I also shop more and more online. I think with Covid it’s the only way for now. Wonderful meal! I guess I don’t really know about Outlander things, very pretty bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious meal you have there.
    The bracelet is gorgeous.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you I am anxious to receive this bracelet-hopefully it won't take super long to get here she sends it the cheapest way from Spain

      Delete
  6. Looks a lovely meal and I do like Grandma's turkeys.

    The bracelet looks very nice.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The good looks wonderful and the bracelet is beautiful! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a nice day. Your grandma's little turkey collection is really lovely. Sure wish I had some of that wine. Meals are always very simple here now since it is just the two of us. I made mushroom & dumplings (instead of chicken), roasted sweet potatoes, green beans. My husband did have some chicken on the side. I wasn't able to find pumpkin so when I do will still be making a pie. I have never done any black friday shopping and never shop online either. I figure if I can't get something locally, then I really don't need it that bad. The postal system here is a joke so no use in even trying to use it anyways.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, lucky you - I HATE getting mail, so complicated here.
    Ordered something, was send by Royal Mail who does not deliver to Packstation and... endless.
    Postie drops parcels in the house for everyone to grab... I hope I found a solution...

    Ohhh, your lake. Sooo beautiful, as always (please don´t stop posting pics, there can never be enough to enjoy!).

    Hmmm... Brussels Sprouts! Does turkey taste different to chicken?
    Olives and feta...hmmm...
    Even DRY red wine would be OK for a beer-person ;-)
    Outlander, funny name! And the coaster!! PERFECT (sorry, don´t wanna scream at you, but it´s so darn cool!)

    Cute bracelet. I still have a parcel waiting to be mailed to Australia - code orange there, not a chance. X-mas Gummy-bears for Easter then...
    Enjoy your tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think turkey and chicken are pretty similar the turkeys are much larger though. I bought a set of 4 different coasters-they are very fun and perfect for here. the mail is still moving pretty well here hoping the one from Spain doesn't take forever

      Delete
  10. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Kathy. I didn't take any photos this year, but I should have. I pigged out on breakfast (which I never make) and appetizers before the main meal. By the time I got to the main event, I was almost too full to eat.

    I love brussels sprouts, yams, and squash, all of which I served myself. No turkey, no meat, just veggies, veggies, veggies. Would LOVE to have some of that wild rice. Your meal looks wonderful and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't take photos.

    That's a lovely bracelet. I hope you get it before Christmas. Hope your Thanksgiving was lovely. I know your turkey decorations and photos of the meal were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Elizabeth, I don't usually take photos of our meal but I did this time was really good for being quite simple

      Delete
  11. Your meal sounds lovely and the pictures are mouth watering :) That bracelet is beautiful!!!!
    Our meal was an evening meal and I cooked all day . Had a couple of glasses of wine waiting for the kids to get here and the wine about knocked me out :) I rarely drink alcohol any more and not eating much all day was not to my favor LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what happens to me now if I have a drink-I fall asleep lol

      Delete
  12. Your Thanksgiving dishes look wonderful. I took some notes for next year's feast. You do inspire me with your healthy style of cooking. I love the dragon fly bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kitchen skills never cease to amaze me, Kathy. Everything looks wonderful. Wild rice from WI - yum. I can almost feel the crunchy
      goodness. Your kitchen skills never cease to amaze me, Kathy. Everything looks wonderful. Wild rice from WI - yum. I can almost feel the crunchy goodness. I'd love to try that homemade cranberry chutney with blueberries.

      Hugs, Eileen
      P.S. The bracelet is beautiful.

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit