Sunday, July 26, 2020

Watercolor with Pencils

  Happy Sunday everyone,

       Yesterday was such a long day of sewing, that I decided to work on domestic stuff in the morning, made up the ice cream base, kept Larry's glass filled with cold tea while he worked on the dock all morning-and then I was ready to play in my craft room before our 2 pm meal.
    I got out my watercolor pencils, my new watercolor journal, and the folder with magazine photos for inspiration and did a little painting.
   I wanted to practice some of the new tips to me for using these watercolor pencils. I felt I had better control this time with the water and these pencils, so am pleased with that.
  Still much more practice and learning but was fun to do some art again

I am going to like this small watercolor journal for learning



I chose two magazine photos That back photo was from a hunter's clothing advertisement we got in the mail-loved the mountains, and I liked these pretty blue flowers




14 comments:

  1. Very nice combination of two reference pictures. You ave achieved 5 levels of depth, kudos! The colors are really good, especially the flowers. Do you lose track of time while painting? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely !!! So glad you are enjoying this new medium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, I feel more comfortable with the watercolors--I want to do a little more with the pencils first and then work with the watercolor paints

      Delete
  3. You are improving with all your practice Kathy. This mountain view is really pretty. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you combined the two images and came up with these very clever mountain flowers. You are truly learning about these pencils and I'm in awe that you have such beautiful ones. Keep these paintings coming, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind and positive comments. hugs

      Delete
  5. Your painting looks like such a beautiful spot. I'd like to pick those blue wildflowers. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Creative Side Is Working For Ya - Beautiful Use Of Colors - Very Peaceful

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice combination. I like how you used the pieces as inspiration for your work. It's an inviting spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovley, trying new things in art is fun. Watercolor pencils is something to try.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit