Saturday, July 25, 2020

T Stands for Tuesday and Pillow Coverings Made & Homemade Ice Cream

  Hi everyone, and Happy Tuesday which brings us to T with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth. We share T with friends and post a drink related photo. You are most welcome to join us.

  Wow I almost didn't think I was going to be able to post. For some reason when I clicked on new post it took me to the list of my posts etc. 4th try it finally led me to post. whew!

   No art again this week although I really wanted to do some watercolor and practice what I learned in the video I had shared. However Friday and Saturday I got out my two fabrics for making pillow coverings.
   I had saved some old ones that my Mom had made because I loved how she made these pillow coverings; an easy way to slip the cover off for washing.  I am slow at math but I did get it worked out.

  I had enough nautical fabric from Mia's gifts to make one pillow with a little left over for crafting. I washed it first and it didn't ravel too much more, but I did zig zag all the seams first because I think this will ravel with use.




This pillow was rather thin and tall so perfect for the back of one of these chairs


  I have this wonderful large desk with a large cutting mat for fabrics-but what do I do?  I sit on the floor to cut haha. My desk is pretty full with paints and mixed media items at the moment.

  This was taken early Saturday morning, so full sunshine coming in through the wall of windows.
     The fabric in below photos I had purchased last year when I bought the curtain fabric to make a curtain to go in front of our bedroom closet-that sewing project will be next.


I ended up with enough fabric to cover 4 pillows. I have a bit left of this fabric, but not allot, I think there was 2 yards of it.

   I had picked up a package of 2 pillow forms, and I replaced a cover for the thinner one on the left.


This is the back


I had a pillow that I had made years ago from a large cloth rice bag, so I decided to cover it with this fabric-I had just enough fabric going in the same pattern direction  I just posed this pillow here for the photo


    I also completed cushions for the two chairs that sit at the two ends of our dining table. These chairs were handmade years ago by our friend Lilburn that passed last year.  He made allot of furniture to sell before we met him, and I had asked him if he had anything left as I would like to have something from him and he found these two matching chairs.

    When I made these cushions for the two benches I had two pieces of the thick foam left-the two ends were just wide enough to make two cushions for these two chairs. I embroidered more fish to match the other cushions


These type of box cushions I do not enjoy sewing together at all-but I got er done.


  We are still sooooo hot and humid here. This year I just can not be outdoors much as I can't breathe in this air.  We only got a little bit of rain a week ago.

  I have ice tea and also lemonade in the refrigerator at all times now. I had poured us each a glass full with ice. These are both handmade pottery glasses from my pottery collection.


     This weekend the boaters are stressing me out-actually this is the first time it has really bothered me at all.
    Soooooo many boaters since late Thursday-speed boats, ocean boats, personal water craft  (motorcycles on water), and no one will stay 100 feet off our dock or our neighbors docks.  We brought in that used dock to work on, and it is not totally tied down yet as it needs to be.  Scares me sometimes with those huge waves coming in.  I am about ready to close the blinds so I can't watch lol

  wow now the text has changed here on it's own-sigh-not sure how to get what I was using back-oh well Blogger definately has some kinks in it right now lol

   I did not join in the atc swap-mostly as I don't like to work that small. So I was delighted to receive one along with goodies from our Elizabeth-thank you soooo much. 
     I Love the atc





     Oh and I wanted to share that a year ago I had hit 150 pounds which totally freeked me out. Before I hit 65 years of age I always weighed under 130 and my favorite weight was 117 -125.
   So a year ago I started watching what we ate more-less carbs, walked when I could, tried keto desserts-as those are gluten free and sugar free. My goal has been to reach 130 pounds-and over the weekend I finally saw that number on the scale-so excited I can't tell you.
    Now my new goal is for 125 pounds. I wanted to get back into my size 10 jeans and shorts but I need to lose allot of inches for those (4 inches) Once this heat goes away hoping to get in more walks per day.  I may just start walking in the house-I can walk down into the basement and then up into the house-I have a steps counter to help.


Happy T everyone and Happy 7th anniversary of T  If not for this wonderful event on Tuesdays I would have no one to blog with.  Hugs to you all.

Update:  I took a couple short videos of my ice cream maker-Yumm ice cream in the freezer again we love this keto vanilla ice cream




41 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift from Elizabeth!!!
    And how pretty your cups are!!!
    Kathy, I am glad to see that you make a lovely pillow using the nautical fabric I sent you. I am happy that you washed it first and did not ravel. Be sure that with the use it will not ravel any more. Enjoy your new pillow, my dear friend. I send you a big kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia-everyone is loving the fabric you gifted me. hugs

      Delete
  2. I’ve made pillows like those from your Mother, also nautical fabric. The ease of washing them is a big bonus! I’m sorry to learn how the traffic on your lake is affecting you. I had a similar situation living on a NJ lake, and when we had to move for my husband’s work, I ended up having no regrets. There are plusses to living on water, but when nature is disturbed by crowds of inconsiderate people, things change. Our view from our current home after leaving the lake is just as lovely with woods and neighbors a short distance away. They are there but not within our view and noise doesn’t travel to us. With aging, peace has become more important to me than other things. Just keep closing your blinds and enjoy what you can. Winter should bring less activity.
    I feel as you about the extreme heat and humidity. It’s been non-stop here also. We’ve had some rain, but when it cleared it wasn’t cooler or less humid. I’m praying for this summer to end for a number of reasons. Most important is the pandemic, control of that is crucial. Even if the country does not shut down, we will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cushions you made. I like the flap on the back so you can take the cover off to launder. Very clever. Ice tea and lemonade are perfect for cooling off. We're having another heatwave this week, too. Take care, stay cool, and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love this technique for making the pillows-my Mom was making these for a long time, and I just now tried it out.
      still very hot and humid here too Hugs

      Delete
  4. Walking And Drinking Water Will Bring The Goals Into View - You Got This - Love The Pillows - And Always A Big Fan Of Cobalt Blue Pottery - Stay Safe Out There

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-I always forget about the water-I don't drink allot liquid most days-and since it's so hot and humid here still I will start walking in the house You stay safe too

      Delete
  5. Great job on your pillows and cushions. Wonderful to have a quick finish that is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-yes I have been needing to get these pillows made up before much more time flew by

      Delete
  6. Lovely cushion covers. The ice cream looks yummy. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your nautical pillows! It is so nice that you can sew! I never did get along with a sewing machine! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom sewed everything for the home and most all of our clothes. I never really enjoyed allot of it but it is good to know how

      Delete
  8. How nice that you have chairs made by a friend, so that you can remember him. Making cushions sounds very satisfying, especially using the fabric that’s also meaningful.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pillow fabric!!! Great job on the box pillows too- I have never attempted something like that.
    Sorry about the unruly boaters- a shame when you have such a lovely view otherwise. It happens to our friends at their ocean front place in DE- but there you have the fishing trucks that pile up across the beach pitching up awnings and lots of fishing poles on summer weekends- and that's the view- also hard to even get a nice spot to sit on the beach and walk:(:(
    Congrats on the weight loss!!! You are doing all the right things apparently:)
    And dear Elizabeth has been very generous hasn't she...
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is to be expected-super busy on the water during the summer weekends. just a few homes down from us someone has bought 50 acres on with access to the lake and really expanding it for campers-so that has brought allot more people to this rural area of th elake
      Yes a nice surprise from Elizabeth

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the weight loss Kathy. That is an accomplishment. And your pillows are fantastic. I don't know which fabric I like better-the nautical print or those funky fish. Have a wonderful T day and week Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much it has taken me a year of ups and downs to reach the goal-now on to the next.
      I am loving both of these fabrics too-hugs

      Delete
  11. Oh, I love especially your first pillow!
    You make me "cry". It´s warming up a little, just a little, brrr, too cold still!
    We did have summers where we ordered ice cubes for our beers cause it was hot. Not this year, a jacket it is!

    Why do you do this to yourself? I have NO idea of my weight.
    I try to fit in my clothes (Hubby is not helping telling me I´m getting old and it´s OK!!!! Bad man, that!).

    LOL, we all cope, huh, we all do OK, Happy T-day to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not want this extra weight on me any more-it gradually crept up over the last 5 years and it Must go away.
      sorry it is still cool where you are-but I love fall weather so I would like it better than the extreme humidity and hot temps Happy T

      Delete
  12. Great pillows! I love the fish pattern it's too cute. I posted the pics from the cake I made with your recipe finally ~ Thanks again for the idea to bake it. I was doing better with my weight and then the lock down put it all back on -ugh- I'm glad your having success! I enjoy watching the boats but I understand the wake from speeding can get annoying. Blessings on your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great nautical fabrics. I remember those piillow covers. They were very practical and they look nice.

    Congratulations on your weight loss! That's fabulous. I hope you can get your dock secured soon. I guess there aren't any water police on the lake.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are but they do not seem to patrol the no wake zones

      Delete
  14. You are such a talented seamstress. The pillows look great! The lemonade would hit the spot on these hot, humid days :)

    I'm sorry about the boaters abusing the space :( Is there no one to enforce the lake rules? Depending on the goodwill and consideration of the boaters isn't working. You might as well not bother having rules :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are boat police on the water but they don't seem to look for this violation we put in for those buoys that one can get a permit to put out at the 100 foot but we have to wait til fall-we will probably give him an ear full when it comes out haha

      Delete
  15. I have this theory about my internet. It knows exactly when it's Monday at 4 pm, so it immediately goes offline. ATT said they'd send someone Tuesday morning between 8 and noon. Looks like they did, since I'm now online.

    I love the fabric Mia sent you. It is perfect for how you used it. She knew exactly what fabric to send you and it goes SO well with your own fabric. They look SO nicely coordinated. I am good at math, but couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it (grin). I am in AWE of these covers you created. They are amazing. Goes so well with your fishy fish on the benches.

    Congrats on your weight loss. That's a nice accomplishment. Seems since the lockdown, I've eaten more and more junk food, too. So glad it didn't affect you the same way. I'm scared to step on the scales.

    So glad you got your little gift and ATC. I would LOVE some lemonade or even iced tea. Thanks for sharing your pillows and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, I had the same thought when I didn't think you were online for awhile I don't understand why att can't do a permanent fix for the issues. and I retired from them-I was a phone operator for 25 years Happy T

      Delete
  16. What gorgeous fabric for your pillows and cushions - perfect for a lake side house! So sorry that the boats are spoiling your peace and quiet - is it with the start of the school holidays? Your pottery is an absolute delight to see! Well done on the weight loss - I too have lost weight over lockdown but I have a long way to go yet before I get 130lbs!!! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is part of it school starts here in Missouri mid August I love my pottery too-I have been using it more now too

      Delete
  17. Those pillow covers are adorable. I love that the fish are whimsical. Sounds like a great way to use up remnants.
    That is wonderful that you were able to find something that worked for you to lose weight. I am learning that the older I get the harder it becomes to keep it off. And you ice cream looks delicious.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes especially once you reach towards 60 I started gaining a little but I really gained allot after I was 65 eating nothing different. We love this keto ice cream it's really good I use the lakanto keto sweetener for this

      Delete
  18. Such beautiful cushion covers! They would suit my beach room perfectly too and the fun fish material made me smile - perfect 😀. The speedboats must be frustrating with the waves disturbing the dock, it's a shame that people have to speed around rather than take in the beautiful scenery - hoping it's a different story during the week! I'd love to join you for a glass of lemonade and maybe some of that yummy ice-cream too 😁. Such an adorable ATC and fabulous goodies too - Happy 7th Anniversary and T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking the same-why not enjoy the scenery on the lake instead of making loud noise with speed-makes no sense to me.
      Happy T hugs

      Delete
  19. Wow your nautical pillows are wonderful. Great fabric. Elizabeth is is so nice to send out these fabulous gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your pillows and all the fabric. It was very kind of Mia to send you that lovely fabric. It goes with the blue denim too.
    I'm sorry the business on the lake is freaking you out. I can understand it though. Close the blinds, but you probably do that anyway to keep the heat out.
    That lemonade looks really nice, and I think I'll join you with a glass of that.
    Congratulations on reaching your weight goal! Well done!
    A lovely parcel from Elizabeth! I think we all got one. It is so thoughtful of her. Seven years is a long time to keep this going and she has never missed a post.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 7 years is a long time to keep T going-I really enjoy visiting with everyone

      Delete
  21. You've got some great fabric to use. I'm sorry to hear the lake activity is stressing you out. (I would feel the same way.) Lovely goodies in the mail. Has it cooled off any for you yet? It's still very hot here in CT. Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, Yes finally over 10 degrees cooler so we are mostly in the mid 80s now-we were close to 97 degrees most every day now all this month.

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit