Friday, July 17, 2020

Pie for Friday

  I have had a taste for a slice of lemon  meringue pie-so I made one the other day-from scratch of course.
   I have used a recipe that was a blue ribbon winner from a Farm Journal cookbook for over 30 years now.  I don't know if these cookbooks are still being printed but they have the best recipes from farm girl cooks. I still have several of the books.
   I used ground almonds-butter-and a non sugar sweetener for the crust
I did cut some of the sugar in the filling by using splenda for part of the sugar.



Perfect for an early evening treat-as we eat one main meal now a day around 2 in the afternoon




Happy Friday

18 comments:

  1. Please, please, beam me a slice of pie, now!! This looks sooooooooooo good. Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemon meringue pie! That yours is from scratch just makes me admire you more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thank you-My Mom and her Mom were farm girls so I learned how to cook and bake everything from scratch

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful pie!
    Just what I need to see before going Friday treat night shopping! LOL! Thank you.
    Have great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. Thank you for dropping by my blid today Kathy

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. This is really a delicious pie and it turned out so well this time

      Delete
  6. That sure looks yummy. Lemon meringue is good when it is hot. And I have a couple of farm journal cookbooks. I had to buy them used, so I don't think they are printed ny longer. But I'm not positive. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is really good during a hot summer day. I am thinking these books are no longer being printed either-there are allot of them.

      Delete
  7. Hello Kathy. I am back :-) I have been 10 months away from my blog ...far too long!! Life does get in the way sometimes. I am trying to contact all my blogfriends to renew contact and also to invite everyone to enter my Fresh Start Giveaway on my blog. I thought a giveaway would "lighten our spirits" a little during these troubled times.
    Your lemon meringue pie looks really delicious. I shouldn't even look at it because I am on a diet! keep well Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on diet too-but this one is a treat for us-welcome back

      Delete
  8. This looks delicious. Happy weekend to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit