Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year Everyone and Another Fabric Journal Page Completed

Happy New Year!! 
    I was so tired last night that I fell asleep with the tv on. lol I usually like to stay up and enjoy the music but couldn't stay awake

Find my T for Tuesday in the previous post.

   I wanted to do a seperate post for my latest finished Fabric journal page-June.  I know I am way behind. My muse was with me after the May finish so I jumped right in for June.
  Now with 6 months finished I will sew them all together, hoping the cover page will fit-and start on a second book for the next 6 months.
   
  This was another month that I didn't have allot going on activity wise. It was a very very hot month though-a record breaking one, so I wanted to show that. I also was keeping up my 5 k walks still in June.

All photos will enlarge for better viewing just click on them

I thought I was finished, and then I decided it needed a bit more



So  now the page is complete



Here are some close ups. When I was packing the other day, I ran into a big bag of odds in fabrics-that was even marked for journals and postcards etc. So these fabrics all came from there. I have several quilt blocks that my Mom had made-she was always experimenting and trying new quilt ideas.

close up of the quilt block, I added this pottery bunny button as we started seeing lots of little bunnies last year during this time. we forgot how much we missed seeing them



I wanted to show how hot it was in June-the gold sun is a piece of jacket lining that I sun dyed with salt added on top. I added the pottery ice cream cone button as we started enjoying ice cream again this month. Was pleased how the stamping came out on fabric. For our anniversary I found these left over jeans hearts I had cut out for a quilt. and I sewed in a mascovey duck feather.
   Oh and here is a link to where that "sun" fabric came from-I had a bit left over from this "art" piece of mine-I love it still



That plaid around June is wasbi tape that I hand sewed down. When I get our mail at the post office I always hear an owl calling. I was doing allot of 5 k walks still this month The dragonflies begin arriving in June, we see them around our ponds. This dragonfly was on a piece of fabric that I had fallen in love with-I bought just a little bit for crafting.


I sewed on lots of rock beads and other things I might see along my walk. sometimes miss calico will walk with me part way.We hear allot of frogs at the ponds during early summer. June is the strawberry moon-and I remembered I saved the label from a strawberry cream wine. This was a thick label and sewed down well


Some more photos after I added some stitches. My stitches actually came out fairly straight-I just sewed them with no measuring.








I feel better now that I am at least half through the year. I had gotten behind working on my journal as for some reason my light will not turn on during the hot months.-weird I know lol
  I am off to make us a New Year's day breakfast. 

We had venison bacon, eggs, and pie with champagne-which is actually Asti Spumonti sparkling wine which we love much better. the pie was good last night warm-but it was even better this morning after being chilled and more set up-very good with the ground cashew crust.



and Hubs spotted a very large flock of wild turkeys walking along the tree line just before breakfast We have had lots of rain here, today cloudy and cold.


12 comments:

  1. Many memories for you in the elements of this month, but my favorite is always you walking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Barbara-I miss walking too-I can't be out with all the bugs in the summer time here in our woods, and usually a bit too cold in the winter-I need to start up again though

      Delete
  2. Your fabric page is a delight. I love all the little buttons and things you used to highlight your month and create your memories. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I have been enjoying making this journal

      Delete
  3. Your woodland views are delightful; I just can't say it enough. I understand the love of beach and ocean, but given a choice I always pick the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you, I love our woods and know I will miss it. our lake house is in a unique spot. we live on a circle road our house is right on the point, but in the middle of this circle is a large wooded area with one house. The seller told us there are allot of deer and wild turkey that visit from there-so fingers crossed they don't sell and develop that area while we live at our lake house

      Delete
  4. What a fabulour fabric page, Kathy!!!!!!!!!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear friend!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very impressed with this June entry. I love it. I applaud your sewing by hand, something I can't do (no pinch grip). I was drawn to your cat taking walks with you and the sun dyed fabric using salt. I must try that. I love the idea and am always looking for ways to change my sun dyed fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful fabric page Kathy, and what a feast you had for breakfast!
    Happy new year,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a joy to see - so many lovely little details! I must say we haven't had any really long walks recently - but are still getting out for at least some walks! Your breakfast looks delicious! Happy New Year and belated Happy T day too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit