Saturday, December 1, 2018

Second on the 2nd-Pot Holder Weaving

Good morning, 
   This event is where we share a second look at one of our previous blog posts. You are most welcome to join us-find the link to our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth in my right hand column 

   I really enjoy this event. As I scroll through my past blog posts to re post something that catches my eye, I also go down memory lane a bit.

  This month I wanted to look for weaving posts to share and I found one back on August 10 2012

  Remember those little pot holder looms from when we were young? I remember making a bunch of those.  Weavers have discovered these again, up graded the loom a bit, also use wool and other fibers now and then crochet them together to make a bigger woven project. This is a fun way to play with dyeing too as my post reflects.
   The loopers are very expensive in my opinion and take away from the fun, but if you google it there are lots of ways to make your own now. 

  Here is a link to my full post   I used to copy and paste but it never comes over in good shape. I hope you check it out 

    here is a link on how to make loopers from t shirts. and lots of photos here also shows the process

 Here are a few photos from my post I am sharing


Potholder Loom

Wool loopers-which are actually safer in the kitchen then cotton

crocheting off the edge

color gamp

Below was painted with dye

painted warp


Happy December and Second on the 2nd

13 comments:

  1. I loved making potholders as a kid. These pictured are very striking and too nice to use in the kitchen. Lovely background for your page. Very William Morris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-I was thinking William Morris when I found this-hugs

      Delete
  2. Since I just set up a homemade loom, I was really interested in this, especially in how you removed the loopers from the loom. Since I had never seen this post before, I was very happy to learn about it. Thanks for sharing this interesting and informative post with us as your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do similar weaving with the kids at school, they always loved playing with those looms. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these potholders and thank you for sharing how to make them. A great repost

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed this post very much Kathy!!! I remember playing with this as a kid. As an adult i was never happy with the mixed color combination bags that the loopers come in. I always wanted the bags separated by color.. lol More picky as an adult lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your old post was really interesting especially the bit where you used dye.
    I'd never made these squares so that was something new, and I do need some new potholders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy did this bring up some memories. As I recall my loom was red metal. Long gone of course. I made potholders for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember making one of these for my Mammaw many, many, many years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still use some of these potholders, though what happened to my loom is a mystery. Mine was red metal like Darla's, but they don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No I don't remember those looms. In fact I don't think I've ever seen them. But it is az good way and fun too to make these potholders.
    The dyed colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to do this often as a kid. This post brings back a really fun memory for me. Thanks Kathy. (and I do love those pretty colored potholders you made also.) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a brilliant second look post! I remember weaving as a child but only on a handmade frame! Hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit