Thursday, December 27, 2018

Crazy Weather & May Pages Finished

  Hi everyone,
    We are continuing to have spring like temperatures here. Rained all last night, stopped raining this morning early but the howling winds have returned. We are in the mid 60's at the moment-waiting for the weather to crash to the 20's tonight or tomorrow night-sounds like a tornado waiting to happen for sure. My head is not happy at all with all this wind But I wanted to accomplish some things today.

   Hubs went with a couple helpers to the lake house today, hoping to get the rest of the concrete out. Hoping it all went well this trip.

  So, I am catching up on some laundry, and also worked on getting my May pages for my fabric journal completed today.
  I took notes on the calendar months, but something was missing on my page, and I ended up with some blank spots.
  So I stamped some rain onto reclaimed jacket lining, sewed that in place-still needed something. Then I remembered I had saved some things about Yellowstone to add-as this was the month for the year anniversary since my trip.

   I am happy with the May pages although I don't think it is composed as well as it should be. 
    That piece on the top right is from a water bottle I bought in West Yellowstone. I needed to overlap that a bit so it would fit-I only embroidered around the top and sides to keep the bulk down.
  I also added a piece of cardboard with the bear-down on the bottom of that page- that I got from a pamphlet while in Yellowstone. 
   So I think I am pleased. I did add allot more to the garden space since you last saw it too.

Photos will enlarge to full size just click on them









   I have decided since my fabric journal is getting really thick-those blue wool pages are thick to begin with too-that I am going to make two 6 month journals. So after I design the June pages I will stitch this all together and then start on the second book July through December with it's own cover page as well 
   Glad I cut out those extra pages at the time.

   Late afternoon yesterday Hubs had his final check up on his second eye from catarack surgery-so I made an appointment for me as well. My eye sight has gotten worse over the last few months. 
    So after all the tests--I am next for the surgery too on both eyes. and next week I will get results on the glaucoma test-he was a bit concerned about that. So hopefully it will be nothing. We were there til 5 pm do to an emergency he had-so we were anxious to get home.

   Happy weekend coming up


10 comments:

  1. I really like the way your page elements touch and even overlap in places. That provides continuity for the viewer, sort of guides the eye around the piece. Very nicely done! Speaking of eyes, cataract surgery is easy. You will see so much better. It’s worth It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re having weird weather, too. 40s, 50s, 30s. Enough to make your head spin. You got a lot accomplished in your wool book. I really love the little tools and gnome on the garden page. Too cute. Hopefully, all the tests will come back negative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your May journal is looking fabulous. I was very impressed with it. I love the garden gnome, too. So cute. And your use of overlapping elements was superb.

    I hope your surgery goes well. Please keep us informed, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that this morning I went to bed about 7 am. I realize I have weird sleep habits. When I went to sleep, the temp was 54 degrees F (12,2 C). When I woke about 11:30 am, the cold front had hit and it was now 29 F (-1,7 C). It's now 17 F (real temp, not wind chill temp) (-8,3 C). This is what you have to look forward to, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine that your fabric pages are getting very thick. Good idea to break down into two books. Wishing you all the best with your eye surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is beautiful, and it's a great idea to divide the year into 2 books. Glad your husband's cataract surgery went well, and hope yours does, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your May page Kathy. I am curious about the water bottle label. It looks like it is on cloth. Did you print that onto cloth?It looks great. I like all the details you added to your garden part too. Hope the work gets done on your new house and that there are no more major emergencies health wise. Glaucoma would be bad, unlike cataracts which are a pretty easy fix usually. Happy end of 2018. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weather system came our way after it was finished with you, and we had a high in the 60s and windy rain. It does feel like spring! I'm glad to hear his surgery went well and trust yours will be smooth and with no complications. I hope your glaucoma test results turn out to be nothing to worry about, though I know the worry is there 'til the results are known.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fabric journal is looking awesome Kathy and the garden area looks great with all the interesting things you added.
    I hope all will be well for your eye surgery and the results you wait for will be good ones. It was good to read that your hubby;s check up was fine.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing your fabric page, you did such an amazing job adding all the different elements! You created so much mesmerising detail with the stitching, fabrics, images and embellishments - amazing 😁. So glad to hear that your hubby is doing well after his surgery and wishing you well for yours too! Happy weekend and sending you wishes for a happy and creative New Year! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit