Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Cast Iron Skillet Blueberry Cornmeal Cake

 You all are probably tired of me posting food-but this turned out so delicious had to share the photos.

  I found the recipe in the book The Southern Art of Skillet to Table: Skillet Desserts published by HM Books. here is a link to the book-but if you shop around on amazon, ebay etc you can find it for much less. 
   This Blueberry-Cornmeal Cake really caught my eye so I made it first-I changed up the all purpose flour to Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 all purpose gluten free flour and this just turned out perfect.




The recipe called for fresh blueberres, but I always keep them in the freezer so I thawed them out before using. I did bake this in my gas oven in one of my cast iron skillets but this would be a good one to make outdoors in a dutch oven too.

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing and I love that it is GF. Those blueberries look so juicy!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never tired of looking at food Kathy. And I love blueberries and anything that contains them. This looks particularly yummy. Send me a piece, ok? :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Erika. I never tire seeing your recipes and loving that you share the gluten free variety. I know some people are really in need of recipes like this. And those blueberries really MAKE this cornmeal cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Food! More Food! Always love seeing your food post. Just wish I still had the energy to cook like you do. I'm doing to get a half way decent meal on the table these days. :(

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit