Monday, October 9, 2017

T Stands For Tuesday & a Catch Up

   Wow I have missed all of you, and also really missed the Second on the 2nd for October. 
  My computer decided to quit on me over a week ago. Hubs found me one online and it arrived over last weekend-I have the basics set up but not everything-and I have to hunt down all of my passwords in a file before I can get back on to my favorite sites. So it is all going slow for now Love this new computer nice and quiet over my old one. 

   Nothing exciting going on here except for hard work every day. My hallway project is waiting for me now. I can't imagine at my age now (69) to being doing this like our Deb has been for a couple years now,

   One of the first years that we had moved down here upon retirement I had originally set up a large garden space like the one we were used to up in the Midwest farm belt-wrong didn't happen with this soil lol   Before I figured that out though, hubs built a little mini barn type building with new friends we met here to house all of my garden tools etc. While they were building they decided to go ahead and make a second floor. We thought it would be a nice space for when our friends come to stay with us for a long weekend or so.
  I was amazed how they built this fabulous space with no blueprints-they just built it-thought that was pretty cool.

   Over the years the downstairs has been different things-now it is my hubs business space.Til now we haven't used the upstairs.
   Last year we hired someone to build stairs to the upstairs and this year we hired him to put up sheet rock and paint--this was just going way way over our budget so I told hubs I would take over.
  I do Not enjoy hand sanding drywall-ugh and with tall ceilings-super ugh lol  so that's what I have been doing most of last week. After cleaning up all that sanding dust I painted the primer Sunday and this morning-and then after lunch I painted the ceiling. Tomorrow I hope to get the rest of the walls painted and then really clean up this space.
  I wanted to buy a nice indoor-outdoor carpet for the 16 x 20 foot space but everywhere I have checked they want around $400.00 So that is just going to have to wait. It would really  be perfect for this space since the floor is more like a sub floor.

   We are back to summer weather again-today was almost 90 degrees f tomorrow a huge drop in temps and then back to summer temps--so the weather has been perfect for my project-but it just does not feel like autumn here at all.

  Hubs is planning on a river float with a friend next week. Should be fun for him-he has been suffering from a very painful knee area-he fell and broke a small bone in there. So not totally enthused about this adventure of his-but he should know his limitations.

  In the evenings I have been reading allot, watching the Voice, and still spinning my bison-I had bought allot of it in small amounts. 

Sorry I have no photos of my own to share this week.

   I have been drinking lots of teas and also coconut waters while working I have been full of paint so didn't want to bring my camera up there.
    I checked online for an Autumn Tea Party type photo-and found this delightful photo--I love apple cider and this reminds me of warm cider while reading my favorite books.




Happy T Day!!  

17 comments:

  1. Yes- it has been summer like in my parts too and I love it!
    Know all about the residue of so much renovation and sanding dust so I feel for you.
    I just started watching the Voice which I do watch every year. I miss Gwen though.
    I'm sure hubs will enjoy his riverboat trip. And you'll have your own time:)
    Thanks for sharing the lovely autumn photo, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. Working with sheet rock is NOT a fun job. It is always so dusty too. Kudos for doing all that work. I haven't done it for years and have won't rush to do it again. But what a cool space that should make for your guests. Hope you hubby has a good trip and you get a little break from all the heat. It is October, and we've been hot still too. That's unusual for New Hampshire. Happy T day.Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are about to finish the barn project. I know that was very difficult and have been there, too. I know how expensive carpeting is. I want to replace my carpet, but I want to go with wood laminate flooring. I fear if I get actual prices, I won't get the laminate flooring after all.

    Oh Kathy, I am SO in envy of your hubby and his float trip. When I lived in MO, I used to go about twice a summer. Sometimes the floats were more rapid than other times, depending on the river and the amount of rain we'd had. I just hope he doesn't run into any rapids and knows to wear a life jacket!

    It's been hot, hot, hot here, too. But tonight we are supposed to cool off, then get hot again at the middle of the week.

    Thanks for sharing your week with us, so glad you are back online, and loved the photo you chose with the autumn tea party theme for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you are sure being kept busy. I can imagine how hard it is working with sheet rock etc. Well done on tackling it. It's been cold and wet over here, but next week we are supposed to get some warmer day. Your autumn photo is great. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! my Body hurts only READING about all the craftsmen work you did, you have my full respect! but i´m sure you will have good Meetings with friends there, so every hurting muscle will be forgotten:)
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy and it sounds like your hard work is paying off too, I bet your renovations look wonderful 😁. I love your autumn photo and I've never had warm apple cider - delicious! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you have been busy, large projects take a while as we get older, but I'm sure the result of your work will be an amazing special space in your barn. I hope you will share some photos with us as the project progresses.
    The autumn photo looked lovely.
    Happy T day wishes and enjoy getting to know your new computer.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very busy and creative woman! It will be a great guestroom! We have it already very cool here - so enjoy the heat - winter will come soon for sure!
    Happy T-Day Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy, but it will be so worth the dust, sore muscles, and aggravation when its done. Love the cider picture. I love mulled cider on a cold night, though I'm happy the weather is warm. I'm not quite ready to let go. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have a lov/hate relationship with a new computer, but I always get used to it. Good luck with that. Be careful not to overdo the physical labor. On one hand, it’s good for us, but at our age the body needs to not be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet of you to mention my construction trials and tribulations Kathy...lol We have slowed waaaay down for financial and health reasons and just do what we can.... trying to get that kitchen paid off..lol I look forward to you sharing photos of what you've done.. .i hope you will... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apple cider is something we enjoy during the fall and winter. We add spices and heat it, and it makes a nice seasonal treat. It's too hot for it so far. Highs of 90F! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, can I ever relate to the surprises and challenges a different climate can bring, Kathy! Plusses and minuse. So we just try to roll with it and enjoy the plusses. I'm a couple years older than you, so I'm in awe (not only of what Deb does but) of what you're doing on your new life adventure. At my age, I like the saying "use it or lose it."

    The mention of your hubby's painful knee made me wince because I'm having knee surgery Saturday. Mine won't heal on its own (I hope your hubby's does), so I want it repaired. I want to maintain physical independance as long as I can. Can't stand to sit still - lol.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds as though you have plenty of projects to keep you busy! Looking forward to seeing the results of your spinning, construction and Painting! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased you are getting things completed - just realised that we are the same age(I am hanging on to my 60's until December!) I don't like things that take a long time these days either - yes, Deb is obviously far more patient that I!! Love your choice of Autumn photo - I do enjoy a glass of cider occasionally when we are in France! Belated happy T Day!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is s lot of work, much like when I remodeled the basement knocking out a closet and patching drywall for three coats of paint. I had to do a primer to lock down the stain on some partial wood paneled walls, then I didn't like the first color. One thing you might try is a local small independent carpet store, often they have remnants that would fit the space for a greatly reduced price. I got one for my large closet that way.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit