Monday, October 16, 2017

Hub's Birthday & Grilling and Baking

  I would say my hubs had a splendid birthday this year. Today is his birthday.
  Yesterday morning he did check out the river boat and brought it home. It is quite the boat made in 1960 for the Missouri conservation dept and is quite long 22 feet. They no longer make the longer boats. 
  We are close to the river so will be perfect for fishing especially on these warmer fall days and with conservation just building a brand new access down the road from us perfect!

photos will enlarge just click on them


This morning I went to town early to get every thing registered and tagged-the guys will try this out tomorrow afternoon-we'll be back into the mid 70s again too.

Hubs favorite food is bbq ribs on the grill so I always make that for him on his birthday. We have been too busy to fix my oven in the house so since a nice day a dragged out the dutch oven and made him a lemon meringue pie.

A neighbor friend of ours gave me a dozen of fresh cage free eggs-that's why the filling is such lovely yellow





I use my red flyer wagon that we picked up at a barn sale a couple years ago, to carry the hot dutch oven up to the house



My ribs got a little over grilled this time but they were still moist and delicious.



Right after lunch I even got a part of floor stained-so a good day

9 comments:

  1. That is an interesting boat. I have never seen one like that, and I have seen a lot of boats since my husband LOVES boats. It rather cool though, so long and thin he kind of reminds me of deformed canoe, but of course, it is not that. :) And I love seeing your outdoor cooking, especially your baking. It looks like a fantastic birthday celebration meal. The ribs look delicious, as does you pie. Sounds like a good day. ugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemon meringue pie looks so fantastic! Well done on getting so much done. I am having a lazy phase just now, must get down to doing something again. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a happily productive day. Birthday wishes for your husband. My mom always made the best lemon meringue pies. I can't believe you made it in a dutch oven. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a good day Kathy.. especially for hubby!! Happy Bday hubs!!All the cooking you do always inspires me Kathy... And i have been cooking more with this cooler weather.. That pie looks especially yummy! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many nice things happening for you both, enjoy them! I always like meat, especially with sauce, over grilled best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Hubs! Sounds like a perfect day. I'm fascinated by being able to cook in the dutch oven. That pie looks absolutely perfect! Ribs look finger-licking good, too. Cheers to you for getting so much accomplished

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boat is fablous and I am in awe of this fantastic cooking you always share --- fabulous!!!!!
    Happy T-Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum on the food. That's the way Bob love his ribs... and the pie is his favorite too. That is one long boat and I bet he gts lots of use and enjoyment out of it. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday to your husband, Kathy. I meant to get here sooner, but I got sick and slept in most of the day. That's definitely longer than any river boat I have seen or been in. It might be great for float trips as long as the river wasn't running rapid.

    You are SO lucky to have friends give you eggs. they certainly turned your lemon pie a beautiful color. Both the ribs and the pie look gorgeous. I'm sure it was enjoyable eating for both you and your husband, too. And it seems like a great day for you, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit