Saturday, October 7, 2017

I'm Backkkk

  Hi everyone,

Over a week ago my desk top computer was no more. The windows 10 program after a year of prompting me to update finally forced me to upgrade and that was the demise of my old computer-sigh I think that is just what the industry planned on too ha ha since technology upgrades so fast.

I was concerned that I would not be able to sign back into google-I have my passwords saved in writing but I did not save the email that was connected to google-so am happy happy I remembered what I had set up many years ago.

Today we finally feel like fall-breezy, rain, a little sunshine too. I needed to stop working on my hallway project and switch over to working on a space we are redoing above hub's shop for guests to sleep. We hired to get the work done-we can not handle the heavy sheet rock any more and to tape-sand-paint. It was getting just soooo expensive that I suggested to hubs I would take over with the last of the sanding and the painting- what was I thinking?? LOL
    I mostly do the textured walls and ceilings in my home so as not to do all the sanding of the plaster-ugh  and this space has very high ceilings too which was putting a major pain in my neck and shoulders-I think I got it now-taking today off for the most part and will clean up and then prime and then paint  and get back to my hallway.

   I wanted to drop by so you all knew what happened to me. I have missed you all-especially my T Party friends.  Am hoping by now that my corn husk papers and goody package has arrived to it's destination in Germany. My email has been so so to check in with.

Happy weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for being back, no pressure, and be careful with your neck. Too much looking up always gets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back. I also worry because I can no longer access the account I set blogger up under. It scares me that this could happen to me.

    I finally had to upgrade, too. My friend Scott made my computer because I didn't want anything off the shelf. All parts were chosen for their longevity. I told him I had my last computer for 10 years and I wanted this one to last that long, too. So far, it has been a dream. So glad you are back online and have remembered your passwords.

    I also used to hang sheet rock, do all the mudding, sanding, and painting. I no longer care to do that, so I'm glad my home doesn't need any work like that. So glad you hired someone to do the grunt work for you.

    Hope to see you for T this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't over-do. Bet it will look beautiful when its all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your computer gave up on you, that's always hard. And you have been very busy decorating, too, so your time was filled. Your parcel has not arrived yet, but it's probably sitting somewhere at customs waiting to be checked before they deliver it. I will let you know as soon as it comes.
    Good to see you back with us! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate all the upgrades they want us to do all the time. It really is just a way to get us to constantly buy new and I refuse to do that. Good luck with getting all the renovations done. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had read that MS planned to do us in with a forced upgrade to 10. I downloaded a file that would prevent that from happening. I hope it works. We have the Win 10 Desktop, but I operate it using only Chrome and Google. I'm procrastinating the inevitable.

    We are pretty much done doing anything to this house except what we need to do to maintain. THAT is pretty costly when you are used to doing the work yourself. At least we know our limitations, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, my computer did that with a windows update many years ago. It did not make me happy to have to go get a new machine. It was easier than having to give up hours to try to get it running again. I agree with you. I think technology sometimes suicides. I'm glad you're back. Sorry to hear about the issues though. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you back Kathy! Sorry to hear about your computer desaster! Take good care of you!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit