Friday, September 13, 2024

For Me It's Tea Time Weather

 Good morning Friday (the 13th) I just realized yesterday that today would be Friday the 13th.

   Cooler mornings now, so I am enjoying drinking hot cups of tea. Yesterday afternoon, I straightened up my tea corner. I ran out of cabinet space for a spot for my teas-so it takes up this space that is near the refrigerator and to the left around the corner the electric stove. Some of these teas are many years old but are still good.

 When I get a chance to visit the Amish store  I always check out their teas as they are usually marked down under two dollars. I have collected over the years lots of Gevalia coffee ceramic containers, and at garage sales I had picked up different sizes of blue jars with the hinged glass lids and other containers. I have a few tins as well.

  I had several boxes of teas that I just tossed on top of the containers, so it was time to clean and straighten this up.  I was able to get them all into tins or inside these containers.

   I have never used that light under the cupboard-there is no plug there so needs a long cord to reach one. I should see if I can get that off. Under the light area is my medicinal teas, recipes in front and I keep the coconut oil here as easier to get to.


The drawing was given to me as a gift from a very long time blog friend that lives in Paris France-Agnes
     There are two jars of homemade cocoa mix. One made with powdered  milk and the other one made with coconut milk powder



another close up of that corner under the light. In front of medicinal teas are jars of ice tea, and lemon or fruit instant beverages for cold drinks


After I recovered from the dairy attack to my system-I have lost 10 pound since then. I like hot cereals so I have been making up one for my breakfast several times a week. I found a jar of local honey I purchased at a market years ago-at least 6-8 years ago. It had not crystalized so am adding to my cereals  
    Enjoying a cup of Bigelow vanilla decaf black tea this morning as well



Happy Friday and weekend

16 comments:

  1. I did not realize it was Friday the 13th until i just read your blog... lol Makes sense now that our troubles continued into today... Oy vey .. .wait until i tell you.. YES ma'am you do have a lot of tea!!!! I have some Lipton tea up in the cabinet and thats it...lol Its wonderful you like all those different teas! I'm one of those weird people who doesn't like anything on their counters... Hubby makes fun of me all the time about it.. But then i have enough cabinets to put it all away... We had the cool mornings for a couple days then its warmed up again... uuughh... hopefully they will be here to stay soon.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to put this all away into a cabinet but there is just no more room. I may just look at the cabinet that is next to this-that was broken when we bought this home-and Larry fixed it-holds a lot canned and glass items of foods. I do buy ahead especially wanted food for the winter this year since the food prices go up more each month. so I just thought I may go through that and see what I clear out and put downstairs on the shelves we set up. I could use this counter freed up for baking etc. This is a very tiny kitchen too-the one counter is taken up by commercial coffee maker with coffee containers and I keep my stand mix there too as it is too heavy for me now to get out of a cabinet. I would have loved a bigger kitchen so I could have brought my 10 burner wolf commercial gas stove-I really miss that
      today the air is really heavy and gloomy so perhaps some rain coming in.
      take care I am dragging today so I may just read hugs

      Delete
    2. Well somehow I got motivated to go through a large deep food pantry. I didn't end up with an extra shelf for the teas-but I did toss out lots of very old food, got things organized and for now know what is in there. that really needed to be done

      Delete
  2. I mostly drink cold iced tea with no sugar, but when not feeling the best with brew up a hot tea. Happy Friday the 13th! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not use any sugar either I like iced tea too in the summer time- Happy weekend

      Delete
  3. Now that's a lot of tea! I usually have sleepy tea most evenings. And I will drink regular tea now and then. I do not use sugar in my tea or coffee.
    I try to eat protein at breakfast I find it keeps me fuller longer.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collected teas over many years. I don't add anything to my tea or coffee either. In the winter times I may add a little honey I do the same proteins for breakfast

      Delete
  4. I've been having a cup of tea after dinner in the evening. These cooler nights are great, aren't they? I like your jar collection, and it looks like it's easy to find what you need. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes perfect time for tea-yes I wish I had cupboard space for these but I don't This afternoon I went through a large panty cabinet and got rid of lots of very old foods Things I didn't have time to go through when we moved here. so now I know what is in that pantry and more organized. hugs

      Delete
  5. Friday 13th was my Mom´s "lucky day, so on these days I miss her a lot...
    Yes, my Tea-Rex is out, too, as is my stripey tiger (microwave-warmie).
    LOL, we have way too many teas... I´m considering buying an electric blanket, it´s so cold here! But sunny, with that: Happy weekend to you, hugs to you and the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy teas too I will start using this up going forward. I have never had a electric blanket-sounds nice though hugs happy weekend

      Delete
  6. You are so organized! I love those blue jars. I hope you've got some cool weather and I hope you and Larry are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Debra, Larry still struggling but trying I love these blue jars too-hugs

      Delete
  7. I love tea but I think all my friends think I actually drink more than I do, so they always give me tea. And basically, I am a one-to-three types of tea I really like so I pass a lot on. (Want some?)! I really need to take a page from your book and get some better organization!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an impressive collection of teas. I'm with you about those under the cupboard lights. Glad you are feeling better, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, thanks for visiting. hoping you are having nice weather

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit