Saturday, April 20, 2024

Earth Day-Recycle Coffee Grounds

   For my Earth Day post this year where I like to search out different ways to repurpose or recycle things-I chose coffee grounds. (Earth Day is this coming Monday)

  Many of us brew coffee at home, so I wanted to research ways to repurpose the coffee grounds.

   When I lived on land for gardening, I would add the grounds to my compost pile or work into the soil. 

  If you are able to compost and garden then coffee grounds are rich in nitrogen and the worms love them too in your compost or garden soil..

   I found all sorts of ideas to repurpose here  for inside your home and outside your home and family fun ideas  A few more ideas here  I think this article was the best-all sorts of ideas for using coffee grounds

  I even found a post about making candles with coffee grounds and old candles here

photo from above link



and to close I found a recipe for brownies using coffee grounds here



Happy Earth Day and also Happy Birthday to Elizabeth from Altered Book Lover here

18 comments:

  1. Coffee and chocolate go so well together. Perfect match. I did that last weekend when writing a chcolate doughnut formula. Have a great weekend. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, thank you!
    I will add coffee grounds to the soild where it can blend in without disturbing delicate roots.

    Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. We ofen made candles with the coffee grounds when i wasy teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the coffee and candles-had not heard of that before

      Delete
  4. Brownies with coffee grounds ...hmm -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting uses! Sadly I cannot have coffee, though I learned today it is healthy, oh, argh. To recycling, have a great Sunday (I am late again) - hugs to you and the lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are never late on the internet-hugs I have to only drink decaf coffee as my body does Not like caffeine spikes my b/p fast and I had to learn to like it-I mostly drink teas

      Delete
  6. Yep my mom use to put her coffee grounds in the yard. I dont drink coffee, but good to re-purpose. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, I mostly drink teas have to have decaf when I do drink coffee ad decaf teas too

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed your post, thank you.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew about and did reuse coffee grounds for the soil in the past, Kathy, when I remembered, but we no longer have a yard or plants. I do know they should not be put down a garbage disposal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, same here now I have no garden space-I could carve out a small area for lettuce etc but the squirrels and chipmunks eat everything haven't figured out how to keep them out

      Delete
  9. I put all my coffee grounds on the veggie patch including the filters...it helps my soil so much...just dig them in when I turn the ground for planting. Makes me very happy to repurpose something I enjoy drinking so much. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit