Friday, February 24, 2023

Happy Friday and Fun Mail

   I have been spinning every day this week so far, enjoying the process-especially being back to spinning wool. I grabbed a big bag of white roving that was USA mixed long breeds, at the time (2016) I bought 2 pounds of it. The plan all along was to dye after spinning, now I am thinking of checking how many dried black walnuts I still have and dye this yarn out on the fire pit. Should give me a lovely brown.



  Big surprise in the mailbox today-all three packages arrived in the mail and they came in from all different areas of our country.

  This one is even prettier in person-I really love it Will start spinning this one first.


and came with a surprise  Sorry photo came out a bit blurry but too cute


This pretty darker green came in a long plastic tube


This is the package with the two bags of fibers to blend together on my blending board and make roving to spin-that is always so much fun to do  Such a lovely package-there was actually two different tea bags included-thoughtful as these were herbal with no caffeine.


and photo of the back of package-I love sheep so this sheep tissue paper had me smiling.  This is a high quality ribbon, so it is now in my ribbons stash,


Inside this package  


 I have been away from fiber too long, my first love really.  

    I am also excited that I have found a couple more patterns for the rauna  and maybe a poncho too. Will see how far the yarns go in this project. When I get closer to the weave I will sew up a mock pattern to make sure I like the fit.

  If you remember,  I also have a long warp on the loom waiting for me to weave that I need to get to soon. The room that my loom is in has no heat or a/c vents so this winter it was just too cold to work. I did buy a small heater the winter before, but with the higher price of electric, I decided not to use it.

This morning I dug out my blending board so I can start "playing" with those fibers soon.
   

  Happy Friday and Weekend

  

25 comments:

  1. Getting wool is definitely happy mail. You had a good day today Kathy. And that tissue paper is really cute. Sounds like it has been a wool week-and there's nothing wrong with that. Have a great start to your weekend Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, yes this was wool week for sure. The tissue paper is really too cut, I need to do up a journal page with some of it. Hoping you have a good weekend too-hugs

      Delete
  2. Great surprises in the mail ~ almost better than Christmas. This is all so exciting. It's going to be so much fun following along with you on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, this was exciting and that they all came in one day was too fun. I will work on staying focused with getting lots of spinning done and weaving as well. I will need to work outdoors once it's warmed up again, but the spinning is going better now

      Delete
  3. Your love of wool fibers and spinning is infectious! Great time of year for it. I do marvel at how much you always accomplish.I manage to keep the couch warm!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me this is a good time for fibers too and I actually like working with it in a/c when it's super hot outdoors haha.
      I do allot actually sitting on my Mom's very very old couch which really needs new pillows etc. haha

      Delete
  4. Forgot to say I love the Riddle Merino/Bamboo/Tweed 4 ozs a LOT!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got 4 ounces of everything-, that one is my favorite so far, very pretty and soft. just spun a little bit-will be nice

      Delete
  5. Beautiful wool and I love that surprise gift in the mail :-) Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, looks like you are going to be busy. Love all of your wools, but the first one is my fave. And they are all so beautifully packed, have fun with them. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Valerie, I love that first one too-started spinning a little last night-sooo soft too Happy weekend

      Delete
  7. Yay to happy-mail!!!
    I found (no joke) a black sheep under our swing and it hangs now at my middle work-PC :-)
    When Ingo still lived in the village we visited sheep and baahh-ed back and forth. I love sheep!

    I wish you loads of fun with this, and a happy weekend att the lake, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What very happy mail. The first color is my favorite. I am very impressed by your spinning and to have received more wool sounds wonderful.

    That sheep tissue is adorable and would make great background paper. LOVE that ribbon, which reminds me I should use more of mine. Hope you enjoy your weekend and it isn't too cold there like it is here.

    I am getting "Failed to publish," but I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got published-yea hugs I love that first roving too-I am spinning it now-so pretty. my spinning has been improving-finally
      we are cool but not super cold-had a lot of rain and severe wind coming in tonight-ugh I do not like wind Happy Sunday

      Delete
    2. It "only" took me from very early Saturday morning until today for this to publish! We are supposed to warm a bit today.

      Delete
    3. It was worth it in the end. Seems I can publish on your blog post with no problem, now.

      Delete
  9. Good mail is such a treat. And well done with the spinning. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all of those colors. (And I might've spotted a Bald Eagle pair flying over my house yesterday! Circling, which means they might have a nest nearby!) - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awesome you saw an eagle! We really enjoy seeing and hearing them. they usually have an area of around 5 miles.. Happy Midweek

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit