Thursday, February 14, 2019

Gorgeous Day at the Lake House Today-- Photos Overload

  Thursdays is usually the day the guys work up at the lake house, only day one of them can work. This week we were to have Wednesday and Thursday as warmer spring like days so we all worked both days.

   The drainage project has been a huge job-jack hammering out the concrete, digging and more digging the ditch out-then laying the drainage pipes and adding stone-we made allot of progress this week.

   Hubs can't do this kind of physical work any more so we are paying two friends to help with that, and he takes them out for a hot lunch around 1 or 2 pm-which sorry I never think to take photos of.
   I worked on cleaning wood floors, finished scraping glue off the bedroom floor, and I was going to grout the new tiles Hubs put in it-but we forgot to grab a sponge so I only did a small area to see if I could do it with cotton rags-not so good.

   I took a walk out front by the lake-and it has dropped allot-they lower the lake during this time period-and many around the lake have mud at their docks-that's the main reason we chose this property-two lots wide and deep water since we are on a point. Loving it!! I walked the width of our property borders on the lake and was surprised how large it is-this property is a pie shape-wide at the lake and goes narrow to the road-and it is on a hill but not as many steps as most homes on the lake

  So I grabbed the camera this post will have lots of photos-so click on photo to enlarge to full size and better viewing

looking to the left of the deck

more straight ahead view-our boat dock


another view to the left


view to the right

the water level is usually just at the grass-now you can see the shelf rocks


caught this boat going by today


Close up of the exposed shelf rock now




   the bedroom floor-no more urine odor and most of the glue off


I am not into wallpaper really but this is the bottom half of the bedroom-I will live with it-kinda reminds me of my Grandma on the farm


This is that area from the kitchen area into the living room and wall of windows-where we took out those stone planters-we still need to stain the wood in those two areas. Hubs figured out a way to have enough tiles from the kitchen to go across-with a few we found in the basement, and the darker tiles are left overs from our kitchen here-so I like that



This is a cool cabinet that goes with the kitchen cabinets, the previous owners really abused this poor cabinet and took it out of the kitchen where it belongs-Hubs is fixing it so I can use it for cans of foods etc.


This area is just across from the above photo-where the refrigerator was. this was really a mess behind here-they did not apply the wallpaper properly, the electric here is a major mess-so Hubs took this all apart and will add wood paneling-then put the frig back, and with his changes the above cabinet will fit too


This wood stove area is across from the wall of windows. This needs to have work done to the chimney before it is safe to use. To the right is the perfect spot for my 30" weaving loom-facing the lake-awesome!!


Wow so spoiled-we actually have a closet for coats in this house


Drainage project in the front of the house




They designed this shoot to get the stone down to the ditch-so clever-and saved their backs and was faster too


On the way home Hubs said your eagle friend was here for awhile-same tree-watching the guys work. and he saw deer prints on the side of the house. I will look for those next time

Today it got to the mid 60s f felt so wonderful and little wind with lots of sunshine. Tonight though winter weather arrives-ice, snow, wind, cold--such up and downs in weather extremes this year.

Happy weekend everyone-stay warm and safe if you are in this winter storm

19 comments:

  1. A lot of remodeling and updates but looks like it is all progressing nicely. Will be so wonderful when it is all done and you can settle in. We've had wacky weather around here. Lots of gray days which I don't like so much. Take care and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting on well with the work, I am sure it will be wonderfu when it is done. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lake house is lovely but it looks like a lot of work needed to be done. You're lucky your husband is handy and able to do a lot of it himself. The place will be beautiful once you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boating in winter is amazing to me Kathy. Here we are all iced over. The work looks like it is moving long. Any idea when you will be moving? Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Erika, we had thin ice over the lake on Saturday morning but I don't think it will get thick ice as it usually does not stay cold for months straight here. we are shooting before the seasonal residents return to the lake to open up their houses-we will be one of the few year round residents-which will make it nice for us-less people in the off months. hoping april or early may

      Delete
    2. I have the forecast coming into my email box as the lake house is an hour drive from us so I am thinking the winters could be a bit different--up there will be getting 5-8 inches of snow today into tomorrow morning, here in the woods I don't think as much-we'll see lol

      Delete
  5. This will be beautiful! And so worth it when all is done. Good friends who can do this work are so helpful. Best wishes going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a lot of work is going on! I like that wallpaper you are keeping as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so much work! It must be nice to have a "handy" hubby and friends. It looks like y'all are getting a lot done quickly. Your views are a delight, and I can imagine they'll be beautiful all year. Deer and eagles! Nature-watching will be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see photos of your lake house. And also good to see you are able to get on with the work it needs. How wonderful that you have friends to do some of the work for you. And it is right that you should pay them for the work.
    I'm not a wall paper person either. I'm not sure I could live with that wall paper. On the other hand it is a lot of work to steam it off. I did that in our house in the UK before we moved in. We hired a steamer and later realised I could have used the little steamer I use for cleaning, you know, one of those hand held things.
    It will be so beautiful when it is all done. And so wonderful to live right onthe water.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Keep smiling,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca yes we agree and this is hard labor so they need to get paid. the wallpaper in this room is growing on me and I think it will be ok once new carpet is in plus the furniture-I need to paint inside the closet in this room too.
      Yes I remember those little steamers my Mom used one all the time.
      I am getting excited now about living on the lake
      Happy weekend-hugs

      Delete
  9. Wow, it looks like there is a hive of activity at your Lake House! Your must be so excited to be getting all the work done 😁. You did a great job on the floor and I'm loving your floors and kitchen - fabulous! The views across the lake are stunning! It's turned warmer here the last couple of days, wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday and weekend to you as well Jo--such a change in temps yesterday mid 60's f today we have snow and ice coming down-pretty crazy for sure lol

      Delete
  10. Gosh you are making progress at the lake house, the work must be hard. but you are sure getting it sorted. All the photos looked great and I really like the floors and the tiles.
    I hope the weather doesn't get too bad. Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. the house is really coming along. The views of the lake are just wonderful. That kitchen cabinet will make a nice pantry. So good to have a Hubby that is handy and friends to help, too. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you fell for the place! It's going to be so nice when you are finished and able to move in.Don't over do things so you can enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful view! Is this just a vacation place or will it be permanent?
    Thanks for the T-day comment, sorry it took me so long to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I'm late with this, but I had it open when I got so sick I couldn't stay up. That was days ago, I realize.

    There is nothing worse than stripping wallpaper, although this doesn't look as old as in the rooms I stripped. I also learned as I went along, there were three layers of paper. Newer paper comes off easier, but the old stuff had to be pasted with a sticky paste that really stuck to the walls.

    That chute the guys rigged to lower the rocks was genius. What a great idea. Looks like things are coming along in this house, so I hope you are happy with it when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit