Monday, October 1, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday & Summer is Back

Good morning everyone,
     It's T Time again this Tuesday. In this blogging event we join our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T. We share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join in, just show a photo of your beverage. Link in my right hand column.


   We have been enjoying some very nice cooler weather and less humidity but that is now changing back to summer again. Getting warmer every day through the weekend along with the high humidity-ugh 
   At the post office this morning they were talking about looking at the local persimmon seeds-and they are showing the spoon-which means  a rough winter-cold and lots of snow-another ugh ha ha  
   If you are not familiar with the folk story-that locals believe-about the winter forecast per the persimmon  seeds-find information here. 
    
  Saturday afternoon we enjoyed the country wedding for our friend's daughter.  The weather was perfect, just a little windy. The other daughter and my friend's sister made all of the food. Excellent buffet-pulled chicken, pulled pork, numerous salads, lots of fresh fruits, fresh veggies with dips, a huge cheese tray, macaroni and cheese and much more. 
     I didn't want to be bothered with carrying a purse so I didn't have my camera with for photos. This was mostly a casual dress event-I wore a pair of nice jeans and my indigo blue dyed silk blouse underneath with a long sleeve low neckline with ruffles silk blouse I had tea dyed-Wearing both made me happy. (smiles)  

 Sunday morning we toured two more lake properties. These were in a city we had not been to yet-and a bit further north than we thought we wanted to be. The first one I was excited about-the photo showed a large brick wall with fireplace and to the side I asked our realtor Wow that looks like a baking oven?-can't wait to see it.  
        This was definately set up for a summer getaway-loved the fireplace and baking oven, and they had an outdoor cooking area with a cold smoker and much more-so I was in love with all of that. On further inspection though-this was a converted house trailer, was not winterized, and where located I think one would definately be snowed in for sure. It was also too small for us, and the neighbors were too close for me.  Would make an excellent investment property to rent out weekly though-not for us any more.
    Hubs had discovered another property from his internet search that was just a couple miles away from above-an older home so didn't have all the newest bells and whistles of updated bathrooms-only had one and I really wanted two this time-but this home had all hardwood floors, and an updated kitchen with lots of cupboards, a room we could turn into a library with both of our desks and desk top computers. Not too many steps down to the home which is a plus, and has three bedrooms-one for us, one for visitors, and one for my craft room. A long frontage view (200 feet)-wall of windows from the living room area to the deck.
     We fell in love with this double lot water frontage with it's natural shale sea wall-very deep water and updated boat slips.  So I am excited about this one. We will visit this home again later this week for a better inspection.
    Although this is a bit further north; the drive to it is straighter and not winding around all over the place.  I can get to a grocery store in either direction in less than 30 minutes-which is huge for me.  The basement is a bit scarey-the steps are really bad, and it needs a new cement floor poured-I can use this space for lots of shelving to hold my canners, and all my craft pots etc. I am thinking perhaps an area for my dyeing and paper making too. We'll see what happens.



     Today (October 1st) is National homemade cooking baking day. I hadn't made cookies for us in a long time-so this past week I made big batches of toll house chocolate chip cookies regular and one batch gluten free-yum-I froze most of them-so we don't eat them too fast ha ha



Gluten free batch


Wheat version




  I used coconut oil instead of butter, splenda instead of white sugar and coconut sugar instead of brown sugar. So the sugars are cut down quite allot but the cookies do still have the carbs. A nice treat for us though.

 A little cuteness, we mostly just have the one family stopping by mama and the twins-these are the older ones-spots are gone now and there is a pile of apple peels on the left from the apple pies I made last week.(I took this photo that day I made the two pies)




  For my beverage reference this week-I rarely drink any type of colas but at the beginning of summer I buy a 12 pack of diet root beer and also a diet of something else. This year I bought the coca cola zero no caffeine-I really liked it. I am still finding some tomatoes in the garden.




Happy T Day everyone.

14 comments:

  1. One thing i found while house hunting... Square footage generally doesn't matter... its the layout and how that footage is used that counts... So you really have to go see it.. Good luck on your house hunting Kathy! Can't wait t see what you get!! Two of our neighbors are up for sale.. One moving to TX and one to AL... go figure.. lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it sounds like the wedding was perfect and must have gone off without a hitch. My friends tell me my camera is my appendage, so I am never without it, even when I don't carry a purse. I have no cell phone, so my camera documents everything and everywhere I go. But I can understand when you aren't used to keeping your camera or phone by your side, how the wedding must have been for enjoying, not picture taking.

    That house sounds nice, although I would worry about a basement that needed work. I'd either make sure the seller took care of the cost, or have them modify the sale price.

    I can't believe all the veggies you are still getting. That is fabulous.

    I was just telling Erika that it was 92 F here today (Monday) and is supposed to be in the mid 90s on Wednesday. I've heard of that zero Coke, but if it doesn't have caffeine, it would be worthless to me. I live and die by caffeine (grin). Thanks for sharing your latest house hunt, your cuteness, your veggies and your Coke zero with us for T this Tuesday,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that this time you have found your dream house and can get it. Looks great. Lovely veggies from the garden, and those cookies look great. Wonderful photos of the deer. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you found a potential house. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. My hubby likes Coke Zero but I just don't like the taste of it. How is it that all these cokes taste so different even though they are all coke? The wedding sounds good and those cookies look yummy. I am trying to cut back to lose a couple of pounds before the winter arrives and then I also gain a couple. Happy T day katy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear you're actually getting closer to finding your new home. It looks like such a lovely spot! Great looking tomatoes- we only have a very few left on the vines-I'll miss having them...
    love seeing the deer. And now you have me thinking to make cookies too;) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased that you had a wonderful time at the wedding! Sounds like you have been busy house hunting, the waterfront property looks amazing, so beautiful 😁. Your baking looks delicious and the deer are adorable! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cookies would be welcome for coffee right now... i´m crossing my fingers for your house hunting success!! happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That second house sounds great. Location is primary, and that one looks perfect in so many ways.

    I celebrated cookie day, too! Yours look delicious, and your idea of freezing some is something I should've thought of lol There's nothing like a fresh-picked tomato, yummmm. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your house hunting Kathy! Your tomatoes are looking so good and those heavenly cookies! And the deer are just adorable! Thank you fro sharing!
    Happy T-Day!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed for the new casa de Kathy....lol Your cookies look YUM!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a good time at the wedding, it sounded a lovely family celebration.
    Your cookies looked delicious, its a good idea to freeze some, I'm afraid they would be all eaten far to quickly if I kept them in a tin.
    I hope you have a good second visit to the house. It sounds lovely with a large basement, but also it sounds like it will take work to get right for you.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do hope you find your ideal home! Unless the basement steps can be fixed easily this one is going to be a tricky decision - everything else about it sounds so good! Your cookies look delicious - I can almost smell them! Happy T day Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed hearing about the houses that you toured. And the one pictured looks beautiful. Would love to see more photos if you decide to buy it.
    Your cookies look amazing! And so do the tomatoes. I am still getting a few raspberries but other than that my garden is finished except for the sweet potatoes.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of snow is bad, but I think knife-shaped, which predicts frigid winds that will cut like a blade would be worse.

    The house you're interested in looks and sounds perfect for you, Kathy. I hope the inspection goes well.

    Toll House are my favorite cookies <3

    Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit