Monday, November 20, 2023

Asking for Prayers & Positive Thoughts & Reubins

  Good morning, I think today is one of the first of a typical November fall day-cooler with rain. I never did get the energy to burn leaves-so many here too-may just have to wait til next spring.

  After another several weeks our home nurse for Larry, came out to remove the catheter early this morning. Hoping third time is the charm. In the past his bladder was not working, and before the day was out he would be back to significant pain.

  So I am asking for prayers, and those that don't believe in prayer for positive thoughts that Larry will finally pass this hurdle today, and will be able to totally focus on physical rehab. 

  Getting in and out of the wheel chair is a big one. I purchased a hand rail for the bed so he has something to grab on to when getting back into bed-last time with our bed being very high-I needed to call the fire department to help him. Three very tall men came out and just picked him up. Thanks so much for our excellent volunteer fire department.  Our physical rehab person also suggested making a little box that will fit between the wheel chair wheels for another boost into bed. Our good friend that lives "down the lake" a bit from us built one for Larry.

 Over the weekend I brought up a corn beef from the freezer. Saturday I made up our favorite corn beef dinner and then Sunday I made us another favorite corn beef sandwiches with provolone cheese, good quality sauerkraut, and a little mustard-I forgot about picking up the thousand island dressing when I went to the store. I did really like the mustard in the sandwich.

  Here is my gluten free sandwich-I had two of these since the bread was very small


Happy new week, and for those of you in the States Happy Thanksgiving. 


36 comments:

  1. Sending hugs, love and prayers, and wishing you strength. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue
    The corn beef sounds perfect. I was looking at a Reuben on the menu just yesterday.
    Have a good week, and lots of positive things happening for you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, so hope he gets over this hurdle.
      corn beef has gotten quite expensive, but I bought two small ones a year ago-we always enjoy the dinner and then the sandwiches

      Delete
  3. Sending prayers and warm thoughts. Thank you for popping into my blog! I love Reuben sandwiches and now am quite hungry for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reubens are sooo good I haven't been online much since the accident

      Delete
  4. Sending all the good thoughts I can muster and wishing you strength.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Larry is holding on right now and no one has needed to come back. And I hope you have a great week and Thanksgiving too. And just to be sure, I'll send some good energy your way. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Erika, we will have home health for awhile, a nurse once in awhile and rehab continues, the medicine did not work so trying to get a hold of the urologist which is difficult they don't call me back

      Delete
  6. Oh i will definitely be thinking of you and Larry with well wishes, positive vibes and good thoughts sent on the wind.. MMmmm that food sounds GOOD!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers for good health to continue so he can get on with his physical therapy.
    I love corned beef any way you can make it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you we love corn beef too something my Mom never made, I learned about it when we got married

      Delete
  8. Thank you everyone that visited and commented Sadly the medicine did not work. Of course Larry is very depressed about this. I will be calling the urologist to what is next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that Kathy... i hope they find something soon to get him going down the right path... Scary and depressing for sure.. They put Alvin on two antibiotics for his Diverticulitis.. Cipro and something else.. seems to be going ok... He's about half way through the course.. Cold today.. windy.. no rain.. but i'm ready for colder weather so this is nice.. feels like Thanksgiving.. Wish i lived closer Kathy and i could help you in some way.. Take care of you too.. I'll be thinking of you both.. Hugs! deb

      Delete
  9. Ah Kathy I have been praying for the two of you. Will continue to do so. Hoping that they can find something that will relieve his pain and get him well. Your corned beef sandwich looks excellent. It is one of my favorite meals. Take care friend...sending a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you both my friend! Take care ❤️. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry that Larry is not doing well. I also know how being the care giver weighs on you too. I have a candle going for both of you and sending prayers. It is s nice that your neighbor helped out. Please know that you are not alone and can write me any time. Hugs and love my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying or Larry. Glad you have a wonderful volunteer fire dept. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you the volunteers at the fire dept have been so helpful

      Delete
  13. Kathy I am just catching up here and reading that the medicine did not work. Hopefully, given more time, it will. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Our beautiful fall days have given way to colder dreary ones. We did get rain which was much needed. I never rake leaves. They are nature’s way of mulching. Take care! Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-I never rake leaves here either, but here at the lake house-soooo many are on the steep driveway and steps area-they are still there in piles though

      Delete
  14. Prayers and good vibes and positive thoughts -- you have them all. I'm sure it's terribly difficult and hard to see the pain. Take care -- of him, and of YOU. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a difficult time Larry (and you) are going through. I'm sorry, and wishing that all goes well this week. Many prayers and good thoughts for both of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I'm late visiting. I had a bug that kept me down, although I tried to host a Thanksgiving dinner. Belated Thanksgiving wishes, too.

    My sincerest prayers and well wishes for both you and Larry. I know this is taking a toll on you, too. Stay well and safe and take some time for YOU while you take care of Larry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry you have not been feeling well, thanks so much for dropping by for a visit hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit