Friday, September 9, 2022

Lovely Huge Moon Tonight

  I grabbed my old camera, the moon was huge just over the lake early tongiht. This time I got a soso photo.



  Early this morning just after sunrise when the sun was very very bright-lots of birds. Ducks swimming to the left of the dock and to the right on our grass a group of Canada geese Now and early spring they love to do this.


  This is the only photo I captured today, but we enjoyed a large flock of crows, and watched a pair of eagles flying all over the lake just past the above neighbors dock-probably fishing.  We have heard them singing most mornings now this week-such a joy and a blessing. I missed them this summer when they were raising their family. 
   
  Another fun thing before sunrise is to see and here and the fish jumping out of the water catching food. Some of them are very large.

  At the beginning of lawn cutting season, we bought a battery operated weed eater with wheels-light weight for me. I thought I would cut grass with it instead of dealing with a lawn mower on these hills in our yard. We ended up with someone cutting it for us most of the summer-and then he just quit, along with not completing the dock project with Larry-sigh. Too many these days are so irresponsible.  Sooo the past two days I have been working on getting the grass cut. Works pretty well until I get into a thick patch of grass when it uses up allot of battery life. We do have three batteries we can charge up-so that helps. So far I have about half done. Hope to get more done tomorrow. After this will cut before the grass gets too high. We had allot of off and on rain before Labor Day week.

  I see September will move fast-we have much to do with appointments and working at the woods house.

  I won't be around for link ups for awhile, but will be popping in to see what you are up to.

   The Queen was such a special lady and leader, I found these quotes by her  (just click in the middle of page and video will come on)

  Happy weekend.


12 comments:

  1. Oh, Kathy. That lake... one day...
    I think here in Germany we just don´t have the opportunity, so please keep on sharing :-)

    Same here. People do their jobs. When they like. Or if.

    The Queen. Let´s see how her son fills her huge shoes... hugs to you all, lake included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering that too how her son will fill her shoes-hoping he takes the tittles away from the younger grandson and his wife-just learned they are making lot s of money on netflix about the royals I wouldn't like that.
      it is a lovely day today perfect weather-I have charcoal grill going with veggies and spicy brats

      Delete
  2. Wonderful moon! Take care of yourself, Kathy. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was spectacular and I wasn't expecting it. You take care as well

      Delete
  3. I think that's better than a soso shot of full moon! So beautiful over the lake, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moonbeams and starlight over the lake...how beautiful! I need at least one more extra battery for my trimmer. Large thick grass takes a lot of power for sure. Thanks for sharing the Queen's quotes. What a wonderful person she was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy the image of the moon reflected in the lake is very beautiful. In addition, you can see the flag and record that you have taken them in your lake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe the moon isn´t that great, but the reflections are gorgeous. And you did great, it is almost impossible to get both right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning, thank you, I love the reflection too I am using a very old digital camera which never took good night photos so was happy to get this one

      Delete
  7. I thought so highly of the Queen. She will be missed. Sending all good wishes on your porjects! You've a lot on your plate!

    I've been more or less offline for the past couple of weeks. I'll never catch up with you, but hopefully I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit