Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Food Wednesdays

 Hi Everyone,

   I wanted to thank all of you that commented on the post asking about your thoughts of continuing Food Wednesdays last week.

   Many of you mentioned that you really enjoy the food posts, and I have really enjoyed visiting everyone too and learning new things. The participation has dropped over the last two weeks so that is why I put it out there if you all were wanting to continue with our Food Wednesdays link up.  

   I do know that there are several art link ups already and other link ups many participate in so it was hard to choose a day. Wednesday can be rough after  T for Tuesdays, but then other days have link ups too, and there is only so much time we all have to participate in these link ups. 

  I have decided after May to set up Food Wednesday for the first Wednesday of each month, especially during these summer months and see if we like this and also if we can get more interest of others linking up and sharing food posts. We will decide this coming fall if we like posting once a month or if we would like to post every week again, and/or if you want to continue.

  OK enough of business and on to the Food. If you are a new visitor this link up is all about the Food-so no rules except to share anything about food and to be kind to one another.


   I didn't bake anything this past week and also we ate pretty simply last week. I did make a goulash one day. Larry has never been crazy about this dish but I have always liked it once in awhile.

   Very simple ingredients browned up a coarse ground hamburger and seasoned with below


Cooked up this gluten free pasta, drained added to the meat, and stirred in this sauce.  Simple and good tasting. I made us each a fresh salad as a side




  I ordered a new book that sounded interesting that came in the mail last week. I am really enjoying reading this book. Lots of gardening ideas, and many ideas for drinks either with a little alcohol or none  Amazon had this in a spiral book which would have been nicer to use-but high priced and I didn't find another one online, so i bought this paperback version


The author covers allot of topics, the plants with recipes, she even had garden layouts, and covered tea plants too-that may be interesting to look into for adding to my garden.

   Below is the table of contents-click to enlarge for better viewing



Now it is your turn to share your Food Wednesdays post.  Please share the url for your Food Wednesdays post and not your blog's url thank you  and have fun


28 comments:

  1. That pasta looks HEAVENLY! p.s Just added my bread roll recipe. Have a good week ahead, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you soooo much Angie for linking up for food wednesdays-I love your recipes. this pasta dish was really good-thanks

      Delete
    2. I just updated the blog and added the Food Wednesdays link in my post too. Thanks for doing this and sharing all the good foods with us, Kathy.

      Delete
    3. thank you so much Angie-thank you again for sharing with us for Food Wednesays hugs

      Delete
  2. Good goulash and the book sounds good! Ok on Food Wed plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for finding this post this was suppose to go live tuesday evening and instead I put the wrong date in-I couldn't figure out why I was getting comments already ha ha I will set up a link to go here

      Delete
    2. thanks and this goulash did turn out pretty good

      Delete
  3. That book looks really interesting Kathy and your goulash looks like my spaghetti! Over the years i add more and more to my spaghetti... zucchini, mushrooms... Hubs is not crazy about tomato sauce period but i love it and yours looks really good with your ziti noodles! Happy Food Wednesday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an interesting book and I read it cover to cover. really good for a beginner gardener, but I enjoyed reading about all the ideas to add herbs and garden veggies, fruits to drinks-most you could leave out the alcohol too. I add mushrooms and zucchini to mine too. hugs

      Delete
  4. Kathy - catching up on your posts friend - your gluten free pasta dish looks wonderful. I adore Italian food. Hope you had a good week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you this did turn out really delicious. It's been quite chilly here so farm but warming up in time for the holiday

      Delete
  5. I like the idea for summer of doing food Wednesday once a month. Summer gets busy and less time on the computer is always nice. And your dish looks wonderful. We call it American Chop Suey up here in New England. Does it go by the same name in Missouri? We like to make it in the winter and have about 3 meals from a pot...yum. Hope you're having a nice week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, I think once a month will be good too for the summer months as we are all busy enjoying the warmer weather.
      Here this dish is just called a goulash or a pasta dish. Right now a big storm is coming through-again suppose to be perfect weather for the holiday weekend though

      Delete
    2. When I lived in MO and now in KS, we call it goulash. Never heard it called anything else, but I'm a midwest gal.

      Delete
  6. I would LOVE to see the garden designs. IF and when the bamboo is finally snuffed out, I want to use that area for my herb and veggie garden. Mostly herbs, though.

    I make vegetarian goulash and it is just as good as any meat. I use eggplant and portabella mushrooms which are as good as any meat. Thanks for sharing the recipe, but also thanks for sharing that new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your vegetarian goulash sounds delicious Elizabeth, I really enjoyed this book

      Delete
    2. oh and her garden layouts were mostly set up for what you like for making the different drinks

      Delete
  7. There is nothing like a good pasta dish. The book looks amazing. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pasta looks great Kathy! I love your Food Wednesdays! If you have it weekly, I'll post weekly that's for sure! If you only have time for once a month, I'll be there! ☺ I think a lot of bloggers drop off during summer months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your support I really enjoy reading evreyone's post too-I think once a month during the summer will be good for everyone

      Delete
  9. Oh and that book looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this book allot, good ideas for non alcohol drinks too

      Delete
  10. I like the idea of food Wednesday and I have wanted to participate, but I keep forgetting.
    Oh that pasta looks delicious! I have never liked gluten free pasta (and luckily I don't have to eat it) but your brown rice and quinoa pasta sounds like it could be nice.
    The book sounds interesting. Here in the village people put lots of herbs in hot water as an infusion. Kitchen herbs like rosemary and thyme etc. We have mint leaves in the morning. And my friend has lots of chamomile in her fields so I will see some of that in the near future.
    Happy Friday
    and have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisca, one really needs to experiment and try out different brands of gluten free pastas-some are really bad, but surprising to me the wal mart (big box store) brand is really good-stays firm
      I love herbs in water too I am going to remember to do more of that this summer-if our rain ever stops haha
      Happy weekend hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit