Monday, September 24, 2018

T Stands for Tuesdays & Apple Pies

  Good morning everyone,
     It's T Time again this Tuesday. In this blogging event we join our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T. We share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join in, just show a photo of your beverage. Link in my right hand column.

  I can't believe how really really fast that September is almost gone-where did the month go???  We finally got some cooler weather on Saturday-first day of Autumn. My area of the Ozarks missed all of the rain-not a drop-it stayed down south on the Missouri-Arkansas border. We can really use some more rain again here.

I have been picking enough fresh tomatoes still from my little veggie garden to enjoy in salads or sliced.

Happy Dancing-as I did finally get the hallway finished-ceilings and walls for the last two sections of the space. This was difficult to paint-the lighting was poor but I got er done. Next up is to really scrub the floors for tiling-hope we both can do this without help.





This paint dried to a very light grey-I really love it. I have paint left over too so perhaps I can use it a new home.

  We have a bit of a setback for selling our extra land. 
       Hubs met with MODT which is Missouri's transportation department, to obtain a permit and what we need to do to comply with adding a culvert and driveway off the highway to our property. Well the law has changed since we bought this property and can no longer do this. They have a minimum feet requirement to enter the highway (from new driveway) with no curves etc blocked visual-we missed it by around 50 feet. This really puts a damper on things for us.
   One solution is to get an easement from one neighbor's driveway over to ours-no answer yet on that. Or sell everything as one piece-which will be more difficult, and also the price of our land goes way down as well in a larger piece. So we are a bit waylaid at the moment.

  We are still going forward selling things online-downsizing now to hopefully get the most money for things. I just added 3 of my usa vintage jeans jackets on to my Ebay listings. (they no longer fit-sigh) I still have a very large box of vintage mini cookbooks, spirals, etc to go through and price-hope to work on that this week.

  I have also been typing up a huge project for Hubs business that he is hoping to sell-I finished that this morning (Monday) Yeah checking off things that need to be done.

   Yesterday I decided to make apple pies to celebrate Autumn.
I had enough apples to make two pies so I made one for Hubs and one for me gluten free. I added raisins to his and blueberries to mine. They both turned out yummy. I used the new leaf cutters for Hub's pie. I will also cut up in serving size pieces and freeze some of the pies for later.
  We enjoy pie for breakfast the most.


I finally found real lard at Wal Mart (big box store here in the usa) a few weeks ago.-what a difference that made in Hubs pie crust-just like my Grandma's and Mom's. 
   The lard in those plastic tubs is more chemicals than lard-this ingredient was only lard
   Of course it is about 3 times the price as the other but so worth it-and this was marked way down-it must not have been selling. I bought a couple for the upcoming year. I use the lard for pie crusts and the dough in tamales.








   For my beverage reference I had been drinking my herbal decaf beverage with cream while making the pies, and this morning I am drinking decaf green tea also in my favorite Yellowstone cup.


Speaking of Yellowstone I just learned of another Yellowstone National Park series by seasons on the BBC channel. 
    I caught the summer one a couple days ago-and the photography is just awesome-better than another series I had viewed, and I liked the commentator much better as well. 
   In my area they are running the different Yellowstone seasons again tonight. So if any of you get the BBC channel I highly recommend this if you love Yellowstone too. We have a recorder now with our satellite tv service-so I jumped on this to record. They seem to be showing this a few times now-so check it out if interested.

Happy T everyone!

28 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy, busy, busy! The hallway looks great. The leaf cutter makes the pie look so pretty. So professional. And both look so delicious. Hope things work out for the property. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hallway looks lovely, I really like the colour shade you used.
    It seems like you have been very busy this past week, yet you still had time to bake pies. They look really delicious and your pie decoration looks super.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy and I hope you will get everything sorted out for moving soon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, I am loving this shade of grey too-thanks so much-hugs

      Delete
  3. Your project turned out great! I know you're pleased :) I'm sorry your driveway option wasn't grandfathered in. I hope a deal with that neighbor works out. I'm hankering for some of that pie lol It looks delicious and so much prettier than the ones I buy at the grocer's bakery. Yummmm! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am quite pleased with the hallway.its a wait and see with the neighbor-sigh I froze half of the pies last night so we would have breakfast treats next week

      Delete
  4. I got tired just reading everything you accomplished over the past few days. I can't believe how much you have done. The last of the walls and ceiling are done and everything looks amazing.

    It's always frustrating working with the government. I hope you get your lot settled with the MODT.

    Your pies look great and the leaf cutter worked perfectly. I'm loving it and how great the one pie looks. I bet your husband was pleased.

    I don't get the BBC channel. I always wished I did, but Cox doesn't have it on their lineup. Too bad, because it sounds like fun. It's also a great way to introduce everyone to Yellowstone AND your mug with herbal drink. Thanks for sharing your week with us and your mug of herbal drink for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy Kathy. Your hallway came out fantastic. And pie is super for breakfast. And your pie is gorgeous. I love using cookie cutters to decorate them. You did an especially beautiful job. Hope you have a super T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, this is the first I have used cookie cutters for the top crust-I am really liking it and will do again-thinking christmas now
      we love pie for breakfast -hugs

      Delete
  6. Thanks! I just got my recorder set! Your walls and ceiling are gorgeous! So much work! We love apple pie. I make one or two every week. I eat gf - must look for the Red Mill mix. Best of luck with all your down-sizing projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the bobs red mill mix but what I don't like is the amount of fats to add-but it does work up into a nice gf crust. I buy allot of gf things online at vitacost-they have good prices plus coupons too

      Delete
  7. Your painted walls look great. And those leafy pies look so delicious, yummy! I wouldn't mind a slice for breakfast, but need to be off to the dentist first. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hallway looks fantastic Kathy and oh --- please a piece of your yummie apple pie for me!!!! Happy T-Day !
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could send you some of our rain, Kathy. We've had a very good rainy season. Lake Chapala is so full that waves are lappingg over our neighborhood 9-foot retaining wall. We had 20 meters of beach before the rainy season.

    Hooray for you for finishing the hallway ceilings. How sore are your shoulders? The texture on your walls is lovely. If I recall correctly, you did it with tissue paper. No one would ever know.

    Boy, I hope the easement deal works out. What a kick in the rear it was that the law changed and devalued your property. I wonder how many others were so affected and why no one was told.

    I chuckled when you said you were going to freeze the rest of your pies (plural). When I make pie, I make one. That's enough work for me ;-)

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning, other areas in Missouri have seen allot of rain but we have missed it this last time-rain is suppose to move in tomorrow though.
      Yes this tissue technique takes allot of time but I love the results-a very subtle texture.
      its a wait and see now if the neighbor will give us an easement or not
      I will have to say that I felt my age yesterday-and doing these two apple pies wit all the peeling of the apples was a challenge by the time they made it in the oven ha ha worth it in the end though hugs

      Delete
  10. Wow, sounds like you've been busy! Your hall looks wonderful, well done for getting it finished so quickly 😁. Your pies looks so delicious, I love your autumn leaves pie top too. The Yellowstone series is wonderful, isn't it! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, this Yellowstone series with BBC was a really good one-I am off to watch the recorded ones while I do some hand quilting this morning-hugs

      Delete
  11. Wow, that is a lot to accomplish! So sorry you are running into problems with your land sale. I hope it all works out good soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful hallway, and amazing pies! Still downsizing things no longer needed, and finding more space to use is great. Sorry to hear about your land selling glitches, but with winter coming, perhaps this isn’t the best time to move anyhow. Youve worked very hard on your home, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pies look lucious! Now I am hungry! Good luck with easement issue on your property, and with your EBay sales. I hope it all works out for you. Happy TSFT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to do. Sounds like you have been very busy. I love the light gray color of your wall. We are doing our home in the same color. It is the perfect neutral color.
    Your pies look beautiful! I have missed pie since going GF. I am going to have to find an alternative.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cooler weather seems to have arrived exactly on time for Autumn this year! I do love the grey you have on your walls! Your pies look and sound delicious - I have a pile of plums to deal with at the moment(given to me ) Enough for a crumble and some compote for breakfasts! I hope you can get all of the legal stuff sorted so that you can concentrate on that downsizing!! Happy T day! Chrisx
    ps I tried to post this around Midday and lost connection - hubby suggested I copy and paste it into 'Word' so hope this works now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOhhh, this wall is fabulous Kathy !! I like very much the colour. And what can I say about your pies ?? They may be delicious, and I love the leaves on the first one!!
    I hope all will be fine for you, and I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit